• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

KARLOS - update post #328

Does this mean you will feel sick for days? Has anything changed with Chemo? And-are you allowed to have any HAPPY meds in order to counteract any of this? I am not sure any exist where Chemo is involved?

In a two year span-about 4 years ago now, my Mum had skin cancer (melanoma), my older sister had ovarian cancer, my younger sister had uterine cancer and my Dad had prostate cancer. They all survived the whole mess. I do recall at the time having somewhat of a throw myself down fit whilst talking to my Mum. I told her when it's my turn (do you love my hopeful positive thinking?)- then I WANT any meds I can get my hands on that will help. Period. I don't want to be brave. I want the drugs.

I am sure they would hate to see me coming.

Hope it isn't too awful today!

Yeah it's all good today, I'm sat in the treatment chair at Christies waiting for them to pump me full of chemo drugs LOL

Sending you big hugs Karl, Karen x

Does this mean you will feel sick for days? Has anything changed with Chemo? And-are you allowed to have any HAPPY meds in order to counteract any of this? I am not sure any exist where Chemo is involved?

In a two year span-about 4 years ago now, my Mum had skin cancer (melanoma), my older sister had ovarian cancer, my younger sister had uterine cancer and my Dad had prostate cancer. They all survived the whole mess. I do recall at the time having somewhat of a throw myself down fit whilst talking to my Mum. I told her when it's my turn (do you love my hopeful positive thinking?)- then I WANT any meds I can get my hands on that will help. Period. I don't want to be brave. I want the drugs.

I am sure they would hate to see me coming.

Hope it isn't too awful today!

No I usually feel fine with it to be honest x

Hi matey

Hope the chemo went ok for you, Hope you don't mind but had a mass said for you and mum on Sunday. I Know some people thinks its hocus pocus but it gives me the chance to pray for your health, happiness and contentment no matter what may come your way you are never far from my thoughts. Big wrap around hug coming to you and your family, x

Sending you hugs Karlos. You can never have enough hugs xxx

Just the smell of the chemo used to make me feel ill when I had to have it. Most of us felt the same way.
I'm lucky, I love chemo, it saved my life.
Good luck Karl, Just because I dont post on this thread often doesnt mean you are not in my thoughts often.
Lynne x

:wave_cry:Morning Karl:)
Hope you had a good sleep after your treatment
& you don't feel too yucky today
Big hugs to you & your family,Juliexxx

Good luck Karl, Just because I dont post on this thread often doesnt mean you are not in my thoughts often.
Lynne x

ditto Lynne...... always thinking of u daily Karl x

I know its a stupid question, but how are you karl? hows your treatment going?

It's not too bad Sam, I feel a little yuckie the day after they put it in but it's not too bad and I haven't had to take any time off work with it. As to whether it's working or not well we will get an idea in three weeks when I have my next scan. Thanks hun xxx

Dont know what to say karlos apart from that i really do wish you all the best xx

It's not too bad Sam, I feel a little yuckie the day after they put it in but it's not too bad and I haven't had to take any time off work with it. As to whether it's working or not well we will get an idea in three weeks when I have my next scan. Thanks hun xxx

I find it really inspirational that you haven't taken time off work Karlos: you really are a strong bloke aren't you? Both mentally and physically. xxx

My boss keeps telling me to take it easy and only come in if I'm up to it, and I should take more time off etc, but I'd go out of my mind with boredom. Work is what I'm good at (Really good actually LOL) its what I do until the weekends get in the way LOL

Seriously work helps, my phone and email never stop, (I'm responsible for the learning and development of 400 people) so I get there at 6.45am and leave around 3.30pm unless I'm working away when I usually end up doing 12 hour days with the driving etc. It keeps my mind occupied and that helps a lot.

My boss keeps telling me to take it easy and only come in if I'm up to it, and I should take more time off etc, but I'd go out of my mind with boredom. Work is what I'm good at (Really good actually LOL) its what I do until the weekends get in the way LOL

Seriously work helps, my phone and email never stop, (I'm responsible for the learning and development of 400 people) so I get there at 6.45am and leave around 3.30pm unless I'm working away when I usually end up doing 12 hour days with the driving etc. It keeps my mind occupied and that helps a lot.

Amazing!! Your made of strong stuff Karl x

I agree with the others Karl, its inspirational that you are still going to work and getting on with "normality" as much as you can whilst you are going through this. Do you still get down to the brum office occasionally? If so, please let us know when you are next coming and we can try and get a couple of us together for a cuppa...

Keeping everything tightly crossed for 3 weeks time x

Back