• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

KARLOS - update post #328

hello im quite new to this forum but i have been reading your story and you are truly inspiring, take care, love to you and your family xxx

Thanks guys xxx

I had my three week follow up scan yesterday to check both that the absesses in my Liver have healed and that the original infection in my liver and gal bladder have been sorted. Hopefully I'll get some good news about that. I certainly feel much stronger than I did even just two weeks ago and my temperature has been fine. I'm really struggling to eat the huge amount of food they tell me I have to throw down my neck each day, including the high fat sugary crap they are making me eat. I reckon I am the only post OP WLS patient with type II diabetes who has been prescribed rice pudding and chuffin Custard by their diatician :D The high fat is making me barf all the time and every second meal ends up in the bucket :cry: Still I lost two stone in ITU and I've put one back so that's good.

I have a clinical appointment with the Oncologist tomorrow to discuss both the infection and what, if any, options I have regarding the Cancer in my Pancreas.

I've been able to put the cancer nonsense in a little box and store it away on a shelf in my mind up until now, but I guess from tomorrow I will have to take some notice of it :D. Well it will either be good, not so good, or chuff me that soon? really? news and I will deal with it as it comes. ;)

My favorite saying is "trust me it will be fine" and I am sure it will be just that. Wish me luck guys x

Good luck tomorrow x

Hi karlos,

Don't let them leave the cancer too long without a decision, some pancreatic cancers are operable and that will be the best option for long term recovery if offered.

As for the advice from the dietician, is she taking into account your WLS when she tells you what to eat?

It seems to me that it would be better to eat lots of complex carbs and proteins to improve your health. Protein as I am sure you are aware is the building blocks for our body and therefore essential for tissue growth and repair. Whereas the complex carbs will give you sustained release of sugar, reducing the risk of peaks and troughs. Additionally eating little and often (every 2hours) will mean you are less at risk of vomiting whilst sustaining adequate nutritional intake.

Sorry for butting in and giving a long winded reply, just so you can feel safe in the knowledge that I'm not just talking out of my a**e, I am both a qualified nurse and teacher and currently teach nutrition and health at A level. It doesn't mean I know it all, but hopefully a little.

Best wishes and good luck with the scan results.

Julie

All the best for tomorrow Karlos x

Will be thinking of you Karl, and wishing you all the best
x

Karl if I can pass on any tips on increasing your calorie intake then shout. I have to aim for around 5000 cals a day so obviously have had to adapt how and what I eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi Karl, I'm keeping you in my prayers and hoping that tomorrow's appointment will be alright. Glad to see you're well enough to post. I'm still looking forward to my hug.

Lots of love and hugs
Rebirthxx

Best of luck tomorrow... the best advice I can give is to take a notepad, you'll never remember everything they tell you but it will help if you can have someone to take notes of the importnat bits to help with any decisions that need to be made. xx

Good Luck Tomorrow Karl.... wishing you all the best my friend, thinking of you x

Good luck for today fingers toes and everything crossed for you. I dont think alot of people have a clue what you can eat after wls.But if you put a stone on you are eatting something good.Wishing you all the best.

Love and hugs all the best

Jo
xx

Back