• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

KARLOS - update post #328

Karlos said:
At least they decided it wasn't what they at first diagnosed, Sickle Cell, they haven't confirmed any specific reason just that Kaylian's hemoglobin is messed up. Thanks for your kind words honey but worry not I'll be fine xxx

I know u will Hun mwah!! My sons a carrier for sickle cell pleased he's only a carrier just hope he don't marry someone who's also a carrier :-/ as there child would have sickle cell.... He's only 8 so too early to worry but it worried me to death wen they told me he had it until they said it won't affect him xx

Glad he's not going to suffer I hear the pain is horrendous.

Firstly Karlos I want to apologize to you. If I had read this thread before reading what you wrote to sammyc about her pre-op cheat, I might not have written what I wrote about "even Karlos" is human. I had no idea you were fighting cancer. I think fighting any dangerous disease has an effect on us, it can make us harder and unwilling to tolerate things one might otherwise had tolerated, in oneself and in others. It has taught me not to be so judgmental and I hope you will forgive me.

I hope you have an amazing wedding, an amazing marriage, and an amazing life, however long that is. None of us knows how long we have got; we have to live each day as if it is our last; one day we will be right.

I salute you Karl King.

Firstly Karlos I want to apologize to you. If I had read this thread before reading what you wrote to sammyc about her pre-op cheat, I might not have written what I wrote about "even Karlos" is human. I had no idea you were fighting cancer. I think fighting any dangerous disease has an effect on us, it can make us harder and unwilling to tolerate things one might otherwise had tolerated, in oneself and in others. It has taught me not to be so judgmental and I hope you will forgive me.

I hope you have an amazing wedding, an amazing marriage, and an amazing life, however long that is. None of us knows how long we have got; we have to live each day as if it is our last; one day we will be right.

I salute you Karl King.

Hey please do me the courtesy of treating me no differently now than you did before. Ask anyone who knows me and you will hear that having cancer hasn't altered me one little bit. I've always been a self opinionated, arrogant, gobby git and always will be LOL.

You are right (Though some might dispute the fact LOL) I am human and that's why I said humans cock up because I am just as likely to cock up as the next guy, indeed it is most likely the abuse I've put my body through over the years that has resulted in my cancers so I don't profess to be a saint, but I do take WLS seriously and have contempt for those who fail to take responsibility for their own actions, and those who get the chance of the fabulous gift and fail to do their bit.

I'm not bitter about getting cancer, I reckon its more fitting for a wicked old tosser like me to get it than the young innocents I see at the hospital each week. Cancer is not being allowed to change my life or how I live it, and it will never change my views, attitudes, or opinions. So please if you thought I was a tit before that's just fine, please continue to see me as one now.

Hey please do me the courtesy of treating me no differently now than you did before. Ask anyone who knows me and you will hear that having cancer hasn't altered me one little bit. I've always been a self opinionated, arrogant, gobby git and always will be LOL.

You are right (Though some might dispute the fact LOL) I am human and that's why I said humans cock up because I am just as likely to cock up as the next guy, indeed it is most likely the abuse I've put my body through over the years that has resulted in my cancers so I don't profess to be a saint, but I do take WLS seriously and have contempt for those who fail to take responsibility for their own actions, and those who get the chance of the fabulous gift and fail to do their bit.

I'm not bitter about getting cancer, I reckon its more fitting for a wicked old tosser like me to get it than the young innocents I see at the hospital each week. Cancer is not being allowed to change my life or how I live it, and it will never change my views, attitudes, or opinions. So please if you thought I was a tit before that's just fine, please continue to see me as one now.

Well OK if you say so! I did think you were a bit up yourself,:p not that I blame you; everyone on here seems to regard you as a demi god lol, if people did that to me (extremely unlikely, admittedly, except in my role as an author!), I might also get up myself!

However you are completely right that people undertaking WLS should take responsibility for their choice. There is SUCH a misconception out there that surgery is an copout, an easy option, and for people too lazy to diet. It's up to us to prove them wrong, (although we might never change their fixed ideas about us), by doing a great job with the tool given to us under the knife. I have never thought of cheating on my sleeve; it's just stupid after all I have been through to get here and the money I have spent.

I won't treat you with kid gloves, but I still wish you well.

Karlos said:

Here here uv not changed but this is why we all love u like we do cus sometimes we need a good kick up the backside and ur deffo one to do it for us ;-) xx

Well OK if you say so! I did think you were a bit up yourself,:p not that I blame you; everyone on here seems to regard you as a demi god lol, if people did that to me (extremely unlikely, admittedly, except in my role as an author!), I might also get up myself!

However you are completely right that people undertaking WLS should take responsibility for their choice. There is SUCH a misconception out there that surgery is an copout, an easy option, and for people too lazy to diet. It's up to us to prove them wrong, (although we might never change their fixed ideas about us), by doing a great job with the tool given to us under the knife. I have never thought of cheating on my sleeve; it's just stupid after all I have been through to get here and the money I have spent.

I won't treat you with kid gloves, but I still wish you well.

I'm not up myself honey just very successful at WLS because I did the research and followed the rules. I try to help people be as successful with meaningful advice and support rather than the sickly sweet kittens and rainbow ******** so many see as support. If they like it they like it, if they don't well if you look into my eye you'll see I don't give a monkeys

Karlos said:
I'm not up myself honey just very successful at WLS because I did the research and followed the rules. I try to help people be as successful with meaningful advice and support rather than the sickly sweet kittens and rainbow ******** so many see as support. If they like it they like it, if they don't well if you look into my eye you'll see I don't give a monkeys

Gotta say I do agree with this. I sometimes avoid threads where someone needs a very hard kick up the proverbial. I try to be helpful. But know I may also sometimes come across hard. Especially on cheating on pre op diet threads. But then again. I have never done the pre op diet. It may be as hard as nails and difficult to stay on track. At least you speak from experience Karlos lol x

keep being you Karl i wouldnt expect anything different xxx

glad to hear your doing well karlos. hope you have a fantastic wedding xxx

Karlos hun, how are things going? Have you bought your wedding outfit yet? Thinking of you xx

I'm doing OK thanks though we have a small drama going on at the moment with our daughter Kaylian. She was admitted to hospital late last night with a suspected brain bleed resulting from a fall when she fainted on Wednesday as they tried to take a routine blood test. I'm sure she'll be OK but has a scan booked for this morning, and what with my issues the last thing her mum needs is another loved one in chuffin hospital

Wedding plans are going OK though my original budget has been decimated LOL but they keep telling me it will be worth it on the day.......time will tell

Thanks for asking honey xxxxx

I'm doing OK thanks though we have a small drama going on at the moment with our daughter Kaylian. She was admitted to hospital late last night with a suspected brain bleed resulting from a fall when she fainted on Wednesday as they tried to take a routine blood test. I'm sure she'll be OK but has a scan booked for this morning, and what with my issues the last thing her mum needs is another loved one in chuffin hospital

Wedding plans are going OK though my original budget has been decimated LOL but they keep telling me it will be worth it on the day.......time will tell

Thanks for asking honey xxxxx

Sorry to hear about your daughter, hopefully she is on the mend real soon Karl. Once you and the future Mrs K have completed your nuptials plenty of pictures please :D - Keep the faith xx

Karlos hope kaylian is ok. Its about time the bad look fairy buggered off and gave you all a break. Saying that don't send her this way. Miss your cheery face and sod the budget she's waited long enough for you to make an honest woman of her. Take care carole x

Thats what budgets are for!!

Hope Kaylian is ok and you can all try to enjoy the build up to and the brilliant wedding day we are all hoping for you :):)

Yup- budgets are for blowing !! Poor Kaylian, you're all having a rough time. It's so true that life ain't fair. Keep us posted about her Karl. Did you get a diagnosis after they ruled out sickle cell ?

/

Yup- budgets are for blowing !! Poor Kaylian, you're all having a rough time. It's so true that life ain't fair. Keep us posted about her Karl. Did you get a diagnosis after they ruled out sickle cell ? /

They just put it down to abnormal haemoglobin levels in the end. The CT scan was clear and the lumbar puncture didn't show any infection. She'll be fine I'm sure, thanks

Glad she will be ok hun, bet she is so excited about the wedding :)

Back