• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kat's Bander weigh in and diary thread

I went for my second fills on Tuesday and they did advise me not to space them out as I can miss my sweet spot. So I will be booking for another fill for 2-3 weeks time instead of the two months gap I thought I will be doing. So top kat, just keep trying,.

I don't have any restriction yet but I can't put all my weight loss to my will power, it's also down to the band as I could never had lost 3.5stone in three months on my own. I can still eat virtually everything but seeing people like you who have done this without any restriction , I think most of us will like to learn from that and keep hoping for restriction. All the best.

So, we are another week further on.

As I posted http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders/154495-restriction-battle-round-9-lol.html

I went for another fill on tuesday, this time having a diaphragmatic fill so they could keep filling a) to show me that I will get to a point of restriction and how tight it could be (ie stopping almost anything passing through!) to trying to find a bit more restriction than just giving me 0.5ml because "its what you've had each time"

And as I posted further in that thread but wanted to detail it here on my diary thread

I've been in there ages today, we talked a lot about the band, the issues and the complete lack of restriction. She was explaining the type of pain that I would feel if food got stuck etc with restriction and all of the things she asked, I answered "no, not experienced that"

Then she asked me if after any of my fills had I been able to feel a difference at the time when drinking the water or when it was being done. And I hadn't.

So they decided to do a diaphragmatic fill.

I was at 11mls in my band. They couldn't find the port, so 5 needles later they were finally in - they put in 0.5mls and then made me sit up and drink - couldn't feel any real difference. So while sitting up, they then proceeded to put in another 0.5mls.

They wouldn't normally go anywhere near putting in 1ml at this point but she said she wanted me to feel the difference so put in some extra, said she wouldn't leave it in but so I could see that restriction was possible.

As it was, when she had put a full ml in, I was still able to drink but I could actually feel a difference, I felt it "sit" and then proceed through the band - something I have not really had and certainly not at this point. I had a difficult time back in March mid fills when everything went super tight but disappeared overnight, and they think that was as a result of doing something exercise wise.

Anyway, she decided that because I was tolerating the water but could feel a difference, she was going to leave the whole 1ml in my band.

So, I'm now at 12mls. She said that I should be able to have portions about a quarter of what I've been having and that it should *should* help with the hunger issues.

We did discuss the amount of exercise I'm doing and that it has increased my hunger, but she said with this amount in the band, it should help. I shouldn't have a need after eating to continue to eat, shouldn't still feel hungry and well . . .we shall see as they have been saying that for months LOL

But, I felt a difference when she was filling the band and that was the first time EVER lol

I'm struggling mind set wise with regards to how I look and feel. I'm struggling mindset wise with regards to my skin. I've booked an appointment with the GP but its not for 10 days. I've got skin issues, severe itching and a continual pain in my lower back and hips where my skin drops down so much.

So, I need to get positively in place with my band . . .and hoping that this fill will help.

what I don't want is for it to be too tight. So now that I'm back in the office, I'm just going to attempt a cup of milky coffee to see how it goes. Didn't want to risk drinking in the car in case it made a re-appearance :rolleyes:

So, keeping everything crossed.
I'm now on day 3 of fluids.

And where am I now . . .

Well, I've lost 4lbs this week. I think this has been helped by 3 runs, two of 2+ miles and a 3rd with 2 mile run and 12 minutes of uphill hill sprints (god do my legs feel it now!)

So, I am back down to hitting on the nail a 10 stone loss.

I first hit it in the first week of August and held it til the 10th. Since then having put the 11 1/2lb on during holiday, losing that in 2 weeks, but then because I've had 2 fills prior to this most recent one where being on liquids and mash SLOW down my loss, I've lost and put on.

The fill on Tuesday I wont know what difference it is going to make until I start eating. I've also while on liquids only popped myself back to the equivalent of the milk diet.

I've spent a few weeks of not eating the best choices and on top of not hitting the gym as much, I know I'd lost the focus I had pre holiday. This is my time to refocus and while today, day 3, my hunger is kicking in big time, I'm determined to get back on track and focus the mind.

So, I'm back at having lost 10 stone. I'm hoping that by next week I shall be down in the 13's. I'm hoping that by Xmas I will be down in the 12's.:happy036:

I also have an appointment with my GP on the 11th due to the issues with the skin from my stomach.

it hangs down about 8 inches *blegh* it is giving me severe itching and discomfort along my c-section scar which is now 13 years old! I have intense cramps and aches in my lower back and hips where it is hanging so much. I am also having issues with skin irritation between my thighs and pubic area too. :hide:

So, I want to see the doc to at least have this noted in case that when I finish my weight loss, they will be able to help me as I had my band private.

If she laughs at me like she did when I approached her help for WLS I swear I will not be impressed! If she does, I will have to bite the bullet and see a male doctor and most likely the one that treated my mum because whenever I saw him after losing her, he'd always ask how I was doing and was always a "listener" but because some of these issues are so "personal" i can't bear the thought of having to drop my skinny's to reveal the skin :eek::rolleyes:

:clap:So, I'm recording once a 4lb loss.
:clap:Back to an overall 10 stone down.
:clap:140lb loss.
:clap:Back under 200lbs in weight.

:clap:And comfortably fitting in size 14 tops and jumpers from Primark as my son bought me two new ones last week for my birthday.:clap:

Oh yes, I turned 41 during this past week lol had a lovely meal at TGI's and another lovely meal at Franky and Benny's. Am hoping tho that this most recent fill will give me even a bit of restriction for a bit of a helping hand, if not, I'm hoping that it will give me back the focus that I think is still lying on that beach in Turkey :D

I've set myself a mini target that I wanted to lose 10lb by the end of November, so I've got 6lb left to go, ideally I'd like to get out of the 13 stones and into the 12 stones by then . . .but we shall see :)

Last edited:
I didn't have time to read all that but well done the loss :)

Sent from my iPhone

Good to see you so determined and sounding a little more positive Hun. Also really glad to hear about the appt - but if she laughs make sure you report her :) my gp is male and to be honest it can be awkward but he really listens.

thanks Yve - sometimes if can be a battle to get that focus back and I think that I've been so focused for so long that the holiday blip really knocked me off course.

I hated the way the weight gain made me feel, nog fitting into a pair of trousers that had fitted me only a week before was dreadful.

But I'm hoping to be on track, whether it's with restriction or not, and I'm hoping to be down in the 12 stones by Xmas and I haven't weighed that since an early teenager!

A belated Happy Birthday Kat - hope you had a good one! Perfect present would be your GP supporting some surgery for you - wishing you lots of luck!

Well done on loss this week as well - lots of running going on - love it!

Justine x

So sorry happy birthday Kat x

Sent from my iPhone

thanks Yve - sometimes if can be a battle to get that focus back and I think that I've been so focused for so long that the holiday blip really knocked me off course.

I hated the way the weight gain made me feel, nog fitting into a pair of trousers that had fitted me only a week before was dreadful.

But I'm hoping to be on track, whether it's with restriction or not, and I'm hoping to be down in the 12 stones by Xmas and I haven't weighed that since an early teenager!

I totally understand - had the same situation over the summer myself. Mine was half a stone, but still made me feel so bad. But once you are back on track you will stay there, I promise. I'm back in the zone, and down half a stone on top of my half stone gain as well - and you've lost that holiday weight. We are doing all the right things - success will get here.

I will be rooting for you hon, and for your restriction :)

I'm the oppasite I seem to be maintaining what I am now even tho I still have about 3.5st to lose to what id like to be , I can't ever see it shifting at this rate :(

Sent from my iPhone

Oh hun, fingers crossed something will happen to kick start the losses again. I've still got that amount to go too so I hear you. And its hard when we stall.

are there things you can do food/diet/exercise wise to shock the body? Im back on liquids after my fill, but rather than having general liquids I've actually gone back to the milk diet while on liquids and I'm finding that it is giving my body a shock as I've eaten normally (and badly!) recently lol

I've been walking alot more to work and back 3 time a week but then I think I'm not eating the right things so cancelling out all the extra activity :/ I'm debating juicing for a few days

Sent from my iPhone

These weeks go by all too quickly.

But this is the FIRST week where I can say "I HAVE A BAND!" and thanks to the Jelly Baby that was shouting at me "OWWWWWW I'm stuck - get me out of here" lol :eek:

that was my first experience of feeling my band, and feeling a real discomfort in relation to it.

I am recording another :dancing_snowman:4lb loss this week, so of the 19lbs I wanted to lose by Xmas, I've lost 8 in total. I'm also now well down into the 13 stones. So the fact I've spent August and September going up and down in the 14's, I've finally broken that barrier.

:0clapper:I am really pleased with this, but I finally feel as I have a band and now its learning all the things in a much bigger way. But more so, regardless of the level of restriction I am back in focus and back making better choices. :0clapper:

It is hard in some ways, because I've had my band for 13 1/2 months, but this is the first time I've really felt it at work.

Feeling hunger 24/7 for 13 months was not what I evisaged with the band, and it is an immensely strange feeling hitting that point where you just don't feel hungry. And dealing with that hunger while trying to lose weight HAS been hard! In fact, its been incredibly hard at times. But my motivation to lose the weight and my determination to has really been what has kept me going through these past months.

But since my fill I missed the day I could go from liquids to mash, (after 3 days liquid) because I wasn't hungry, and then I missed the day I could go from mash to food (after another 3 days lol) and I've been forgetting to even eat and having to literally not force myself, but be mindful that I NEED to eat especially when I'm in the gym or working out and burning 5-700 calories in a go.

One thing that I feel somewhat relieved over is the lack of hunger and how different it makes me feel in general. I no longer have to really worry about what I am eating - before I was so hungry, I would start eating earlier in the day and as such was finding that I was always having to think about what I was eating to make sure that I could anywhere close to the 1100 calories. I know in August that I was hitting much closer to 1800 I think and that has been the downfall.

So I feel much more relaxed, plus I'm not constantly seeking out food, reaching for a ryvita and eating 4 or 5 just to take the edge off. Or having a chunk of cucumber and then finding out the next day I ate 3/4 of one.

So, I am much more relaxed with the fact that I'm not hungry, but I must be mindful of eating, and also, making sure I now implement the small mouthfuls and chewing lots, because of having no restriction I've not had to worry about that and I've been able to eat normally. Now I have to go to my new normal of band eating.

Bring it on :D

So, the 3 fills in 6 weeks didn't make a difference, but what the final difference has been has been the diaphragmatic fill and I do not know why they didn't do this earlier as I was struggling so much to get restriction.

The fact that I was trundling up and down the motorway for 0.5mls but was actually 3mls away from any restriction is a bit frustrating.

But, I have some, I don't know if it is the perfect sweet spot, but this is where I am and I'm feeling happy with it. I am still working out what level the restriction is and in terms of food I'm not bothered, the fact is, whatever I have has taken away those feelings of hunger, yesterday I had one egg, 1/4 tin of beans and 2 small pieces of black pudding. And I ate and was satisfied. Not overly full. Not stuffed, but the best thing ever . ..NOT HUNGRY!

Helloooooo Anna. Nice of you to make yourself felt LOL

Fab Kat :)

Well done Kat, as you say, irrespective of restriction your head is back on track. It must be great not to be hungry, I have a fill booked for next Monday which may or may not give me some restriction but at the moment I can eat as much as I want without any problems , sometimes that is quite a lot! The one thing I have stayed away from,including during two weeks in France, is bread. I have always found fresh bread irresistible, I have also always baked my own bread but I've hardly eaten any since January and that has been a great help. x

As a bread lover Slaz, I totally TOTALLY hear you on that one. I've tried to not eat it at all, but during Aug/Sept it did creep back in as I was just so hungry I needed something with a bit of substance. Plus in Turkey when you get the puffy bread before dinner its just divine LOL

But, I'm finding that with the hunger having gone, that I'm not craving foods so much so, I'm not missing bread or rice (which I used to eat loads of) and that helps too.

I hope that your fill goes well and that it gets you somewhere too - only now having a level of restriction can I actually be pleased with what I've achieved without it in terms of weight loss . . .lol

Appointment with the docs tomorrow re my skin issues . . .not looking forward to that . . .

You've finally got restriction - that must be such a relief to you! Well done, adn I love your new avatar pic - I didn't recognise you:D

Hope all goes well with doctor - hope that's not going to be another long battle for you

Well done on your loss Hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone

I am so pleased to hear your restriction has kicked in Hun. There is no stopping you now!

OMG TK you look wonderful in your new avatar!!

Do you mind me asking you talk of skin issues..can you elaborate, is it loose skin etc
Val xxxx

Back