• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kat's Bander weigh in and diary thread

Well you should definately keep it then! I got rid of a cross trainer before I moved house I regretted it ever since! X

i had one, but sold it as it aggravated a knee injury, I've got an exercise bike here too so going yo hit that again if I can.my gym announced this week from nov they are closing between 2-4pm which is the times I go, so thinking if cancelling if freezing my membership and using the other one for a while :(

So I didn't weigh in officially last week, the week on milk and water was hard. When I could finally get onto bland mash it soon became apparent that the defill was just as if I'd never had anything put in there at all.

I have to say over the past couple of weeks, I've felt quite deflated. Getting to 11mls and having no restriction, but then having 1ml and it taking me to such a point of over restriction that in the last few days I couldn't even swallow my own saliva was hard. Then having a defill taking me back to 10mls felt like a huge set back.

On the week of milk and water I lost 4lbs. When I went onto mash I put those 4lbs back on. When I stepped on the scales on monday which was just approaching the time I could get onto "normal" foods while I was relieved I was still in the 13 stones, I was gutted that the weight I'd lost, had once again gone on.

So, I was back to where I was a few weeks ago, and indeed a few weeks before that. It can be quite deflating going up and down the same few lbs.

But I called my provider this week and managed to get a cancellation appointment for a follow up, which I went to yesterday. I was relieved that the lady I saw fully understood and she gave me a 1ml fill. So, I am back up to 11mls and now back on liquid.

I had no restriction at 11mls before and she said about going back before Xmas to get another small amount put in. I'm hesitant as they don't do fills after mid December due to the Xmas holidays and to avoid people being over restricted and as that was an issue I've just sorted out I am thinking that I shall wait until January. So I am booked in for a fill on the new saturday afternoon slot I think its about the 11th January.

On my monday weigh in this week I weighed in at 13 13, but got seriously back on track, really tracking food but following a similar way to tracking as weightwatchers points. I thought it was worth trying something different than the calorie/carb/protein counting for a while to shake the body up.

And shake it up it has. Between Monday morning and thursday morning I've lost the 4lbs. So I am back to where I was when I weighed in 2 weeks ago. And now I've had my fill and liquids and mash usually slow down my weight loss, but at least I'm back to where I was.

So although I've had a 4lb loss between Monday and Thursday, I've got no loss to record as I'm back to where I actually was 2 weeks ago.

I don't feel any different from this fill however, after the one that took me to over restricted I felt a difference straight away, obviously one that was too much. But this time, its just as before and there's no difference.

Will be interesting to see what its like when I get onto normal foods, but I'm hoping the tracking that I am now doing on its own may help with continued weight loss as I'm slowly losing the restriction battle because I went from none, to over restricted and I wonder if there will ever be a happy medium.

So mixed feelings. But still despite this, I LOVE my band and the control its given me with my eating.

I do admire you TK
You are always optimistic and dedicated to your band
I wish you well my friend and hope it all works well for you
Val xxxxx

Thanks Val :)

It certainly is a journey. This really is the first time since I had my op that I've felt frustrated at and with my band. The defill really made me feel like I've taken steps back which, when struggling for restriction anyway was a step I didn't want to be taking.

All I want is for the hunger to be taken away lol doesn't seem like too much to ask - but almost 15 months of hunger feelings isn't fun!

well done tk its been a rough couple of weeks, but your so focused it will come off! x x

Oh I hope so LOL

I'm still working towards the target of being in the 12 stones by Xmas - I had 19lbs to lose when I made that target in October. I wasn't planning on the month of over restriction :( but I'm still on target.

:)

Thanks - its always a great help to get the support and post :)

Fingers crossed for you hon.

So, I had a fill again last thursday and spent 3 days liquid and 3 days mash, so at the beginning of the week I hadn't lost anything which isn't a surprise, but I weighed in today and I've lost a further 2 1/2lb

So I've now lost 147lbs in total, I'm down at 13 stone 7 so still on target to get into the 12's by Xmas.

Also back to the gym this week and went swimming at the weekend now my son has had his casts removed from his legs post surgery. Going again this evening :)

I set myself a target at the beginning of the month to walk 300,000 steps in November so 10,000 a day, so at this point I should have done 200,000 and I've done 234,360 so I'm 34,360 steps above target.

I have changed over what I've been eating tho, I wanted to get more of a balance of food, I had cut out bread, rice, pasta and potatoes, my veggies were limited, and I was finding that food was just incredibly bland.

So, I've had a complete change around. I've made energy bars for breakfast which last me til gone lunchtime, lots of seeds and nuts and fruit. I've cooked various different things, but I've actually enjoyed the foods that I've had. I was living on chicken, fish and prawns, very limited veg, no real carbs and still losing 1-2lb a week, so my thinking is, if I can keep a real check on what I'm eating but have more variety and still put in a 1-2lb loss every week then I will go for that. I am finding that I am much fuller with the variety than just being so much on protein. But more so, I feel better for it . and that for me is more important.

As it is, my fill of last week which took me back up to 11mls has made once again no difference to my levels of restriction. I didn't have restriction at 11mls before the defill at 12mls where I was over restricted. So, I'm now booked in for another fill on Dec 7th although it will only be for a 1/3rd or maybe half a mls cos I don't want to hit 12mls cos of what happened last month.

But even without the restriction I will take the 2 1/2lb down as I've actually lost 6 1/2lb in 10 days.

Get in!

You're doing fabulously well TK, sounds like you've really got it worked out. Fantastic loss so far and it's brilliant that you're feeling better for it. Well done love. X

You're still doing so well Kat, you are one determined lady!
I also still have no restriction but haven't planned a fill until January as I'm scared of having restriction problems over the Christmas period.
I am now under 14 st for the first time in almost 40 years so a few pounds behind you, I will try to catch you up!
Well done again on your continued success.

You're doing fabulously well TK, sounds like you've really got it worked out. Fantastic loss so far and it's brilliant that you're feeling better for it. Well done love. X

Thank you Chappers - I'm enjoying a balanced food and I'm hoping that the change around may also kick start losses as the body can just get so used to doing the same things :)

I'm also thinking about doing some Boxfit but don't know if Im brave enough to go on my own lol

You're still doing so well Kat, you are one determined lady!
I also still have no restriction but haven't planned a fill until January as I'm scared of having restriction problems over the Christmas period.
I am now under 14 st for the first time in almost 40 years so a few pounds behind you, I will try to catch you up!
Well done again on your continued success.

Hi slaz, thank you for your post :) and I initially booked to have a fill in january too (it wasn't until the 11th tho) but having felt no real difference from this fill I thought if I can get one in early december it will enable me to see if it is too much.

As such, my provider stop doing fills from around mid part of December due to the Xmas break and in case there are any over restriction issues. Having been over restricted at 12mls and now being at 11mls, when I went last week she suggested a small amount in December, so I'm thinking that even if its a 1/3rd or half a ml and then if I need it, I have the appointment in January, as it seems to be the time when its quite hard to get fill appointments.

Good luck for your fill and you're doing great too :)

Isn't it great getting into these stones - each time I lose a lb, I am now lighter than I have been since my mid teens . . . .and its just amazing at times how things are different.

I know that I will always have to be very mindful of what I eat, how I eat. I know even with the band its all too easy for the habits to change and the weight to go back on, but it will always be there as a reminder to me that I need to do that . . .

Hi Kat, You are doing so well and are so helpful with all of your posts. I hope that this new regime works for you. You certainly deserve it.
As you know I am on day three post op. Feeling fine, bored with liquids already but I guess that's normal. Going for a walk later which will help blow the cobwebs away.
Look after yourself and keep up the good work.

Ooh I'd do that with you! Damn shame we're not nearer!!! I'm hoping to start Nordic Walking once I'm healed enough. It's walking with ski poles and works most of the muscles in the body. I've got a walking machine but I just tend to hold on plus it would get me out the house and maybe meet new people. X

Ooh I'd do that with you! Damn shame we're not nearer!!! I'm hoping to start Nordic Walking once I'm healed enough. It's walking with ski poles and works most of the muscles in the body. I've got a walking machine but I just tend to hold on plus it would get me out the house and maybe meet new people. X

One of the guys who I work with, his wife teaches "nordic walking" and some of her ladies took it up as a way of working the muscles more than normal walking. I didn't used to do that much, but hit between 5-10 miles every day. It really does help and is a great way to get out and about. I think this journey can be a very solitary one at times . . . :)

hope you enjoy it when you get started :)

Www those cereal bars sound good I'll have to find a recipe I think I've fallin into that routine of limited veg aswell need to change x

Back