• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kat's Bander weigh in and diary thread

Ah no, I have the appointment next friday . . .booked in today cos of the issues I'm having with the moving port, what I don't want is it to move too much to flip, but also, Im concerned cos the restriction has disappeared and Im concerned that it may have slipped/moved or something . . .

Bizarre. but need to get back on track with some exercise, and boot the daily treat out the door for a few weeks!

ah I see well I hope either way you get it sorted xxx

Sent from my iPhone

And fingers crossed we do! :D

Good luck Kat, hopefully it's nothing and its just time for another fill

So another weigh in day. This week started off really badly, a funeral friday, the anniversary of losing my mum on saturday, and lots of bad eating to boot. Cake, fudge, rubbish . . .as such on my mid week weigh in on Monday morning I had put 2lbs back on.

But, I put myself back on track on monday, had a milk/yoghurt only day on monday, and then back to better eating from tuesday, been to the gym every day, swam yesterday and a 2 hour walk monday night with at least an hour every day too.

So, although I'd put on 2lb, I've actually lost those 2 and another 2. So a 4lb loss in weight terms, but an overall loss of 2lb which I'm recording.

I have my appointment tomorrow to have my band checked out, its still catching on my ribs when I bend over, and hoping to get a little top up fill tomorrow too. Made the most of it and had pork chop last night because I know when I have the fill, my ability to eat pork again will be gone . . .

This month has been a hard month, I had the free eating over easter, so put on 2lb, but then lost it and the same this week. It can seem that the loss never drops.

But, I went into the 15's this week, so another milestone and I've almost lost 20 points on my BMI from when I started.

I set myself a target from the end of January to lose 44lb by the time I go on holiday in August. I've lost 32lb of those so maybe, I may even reach that target before the holiday at the end of May! as I only have 12lb to go.

So, a few blips this month, not helped by the slow down in weight loss due to the band being too tight after the last fill, going back and forth to liquids only always slows the weight loss and as I will be having a fill tomorrow and again back to liquids I know that next weeks weigh in probably wont be that good either.

Still . . .positive thinking . . .I'm in the 15's something I've not been since I was in my late teens!

Yay well done on the 2lb loss and going into the 15's I'm looking forward to that day :) I'm on your tail lol :D sorry the band is still giving you some pain hope they can sort it for you xxx

Sent from my iPhone

It is so tough when it slows down. And when other factors put it out of your control. But you are so motivated, you will get there hon. Have faith and don't punish yourself. Despite the circumstances you managed a loss. Well done you.

Well, this has been an odd week.

I had my appointment last Friday concerns over the moving port and the fact that I'd had too much restriction and literally over night it had gone.

I saw Dr Ashton, who I've not seen since my consultation. He was beaming! Said its not that usual for people with a band to lose over 100lbs let alone to do that in under 8 months. Average losses are 50-60% of the weight to be lost so I've already exceeded that and he's really pleased with how things are going.

My port has moved and is catching on my ribs due to the amount of weight I have lost. The only way to stop it doing this is by having correctional surgery to fix the port lower down, but further weight loss will cause it to move again. he said it shouldn't cause problems or turn, and it may be a bit uncomfortable but if it gets worse then we can do this. He did say they would be able to go back in the same scars and to fix it lower down and if I really wished, this could be done under a local anaesthetic (phew!)

As for the port, he checked it wasn't leaking or hadn't split, doing this they completely emptied the band and it was the most weird feeling as not only could I feel the liquid coming out, I felt my stomach immediately jumping back into the shape it should be.

So there is no leak, no split, the saline was clear. He filled me back up and gave me another 0.5mls. I've been on liquids this week and now onto mash and for some reason this always slows down my weight loss, so I had hoped for 3 or even 4lb this week, but I've hit a 2lb loss.

not to be sniffed at.

April was my slowest month, but then I had the effects of the Easter weekend where I put on 3lbs and also the weekend of the funeral and anniversary of losing mum where I also put on 2lb (and have lost this and an additional 6lb,) but had I not put on, I would have lost more.

But, limited gym sessions this week, in fact only swimming, my sons been ill with migraines, we've had parents evening and he's been off, so I've had to go straight home from work. Have done lots of walking tho so that has helped.

Good things this week . . .

I have made it under 100kg in weight . . .in fact I am now
99kg 790.31g :woohoo:

So trying to get back on track now DS is at school with getting to the gym, and my target this week aside from weight loss is to be finally listing some more clothes on Ebay, I've seriously got to get shifting!

Well done hunni a loss is a loss , glad that they've sorted out your port problems and are on to a solution now , hope your back on track as you want to be next week xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Well done Kat on passing another milestone, you really are an inspiration to us all and your diary may be designed to keep you on the straight and narrow but it also helps the rest of us, thank you.
Did you get any explanation as to why you suddenly lost restriction?
Slaz x

Thank you both.

We really do not know why I went from having too much restriction (I battled for about 6 or 7 weeks, going back and forth to liquids etc and then back to mash) but I went from being able to eat anything and in any amount to not even being able to eat tuna, chicken or anything like that which was really difficult.

It literally went one night, I went to bed not having been able to eat, woke the next day was starving . . .and then back to being able to eat anything. We really don't know what it was or has been, but Im not leaking, the band isn't split or anything so I really don't know. Not unless where I had a real bad incident with some food that I was then sick with, whether it stretched it slightly I don't know . . .I felt a bit of relief when he took the liquid out cos I could feel it around my stomach. We actually found it bizarre that I went from no restriction at 7.5mls to having far too much at 9mls.

Now Im at 9.5 and just getting into normal foods again, managed to have some chicken last night which was such a relief! One thing I did learn tho is when the restriction isn't right that you do tend to lean on foods that you can eat, the slider foods, the easier to eat foods, and how easily they go down (biscuits chocolate etc) and it is easy to see why the weight loss slows down (as my April figures show!) and just how easy it is to lose the path we're walking on . . .

So not the best of times, but a positive learning for certain.

Glad all is ok Kat must have been quite worrying for you x well done on the 2lb loss again x

These weigh in days come around all too quickly. I've just had a whole almost 2 weeks off without a gym visit (1 swim!) which has been pretty rubbish, finally made it back yesterday . . .but I've lost another 2lb this week. And my eating has been all over the place which hasn't helped any.

Still, its going down in the right direction and I'm slowly learning to accept to be more relaxed about things in terms of losses and trying to get used to the fact that my restriction from my band is not very good . . .I have some, and while it will stop me eating certain foods, quantity wise and stopping hunger wise, it doesn't. Still, it maybe that I need some more restriction, but do not want to push it. So as long as I continue to lose I'm happy . . .every lb down means I'm now at a lower weight than I have been for almost 25 years . . .I tried on a top at the weekend in an 18 and it was too big, and although I still carry all of my weight around my stomach and as such, trousers are still needing to be a 20, they are getting on the loose side slowly.

Well done on the 2lb loss Hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you both :)

I think it can be hard as well when you have consistent good weeks and then get hit by lower ones, I'm trying to be more relaxed about it, but there's always that niggling thought in the back of the head that its not good enough . . .that its not quite enough . . .

Odd things our heads LOL

I just realised I didn't come back to post up again last week when I weighed on the friday. I recorded a loss of 2lb.

So, today is weigh in day, and Im recording another 2lb loss - 5 weeks consistent now at 2lb LOL but I'm pleased with this as it is now over 3 weeks since I've either been to the gym or swimming. Life has been chaotic, we've had a disastrous experience with a decorator who caused so much damage I then had to spend two nights painting the room by hand so the furniture could be put in when it was delivered!

So, ploughing along nicely. Don't have a great deal of restriction again, but feeling ok with the fact that if I limit what I eat, I'd rather it this way than being too tight. As it is, we are off to Cornwall on saturday for a weeks holiday, my son is taking a friend, we're taking the dogs, and I'm looking forward to lots of walks along the beach. I was almost 9 stone heavier when we went 2 years ago so this will be lovely. . . .and can finally begin to relax knowing that I don't get stared at as I walk across the beach . . . instead I will be there in my size 16 dress, which is 9 sizes less than 2 years ago too!

It can be hard to get the head used to losses which slow down, going from 3-4 weekly to 1-2 can be hard to get used to, but, I set myself a target from January to our holiday in august to lose 50lb and I've nearly done that already . . .well chuffed with how its going.

Holiday next week. back to gym and swim the week after.

10k starlight hike in aid of Sue Ryder the weekend after . . .

Well done Hun that's great losses :) have a great time in Cornwall were off to Devon in July :)

Sent from my iPhone

Amazing TopKat, just amazing! You must be so proud of yourself with your size 16's all packed and ready!

I hope you have a fabulous time!

Back