• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kat's Bander weigh in and diary thread

I understand what you mean I just take them all into account tbh as I only see them once in a blue moon. Good luck for your weigh in this week xxx

Thank you - I've had a really difficult week eating wise, having gone from no restriction for 6 months to the effect this recent fill has had. I am unable to eat hardly any foods at all.

So, for the final attempt I've gone back to liquids only for 4-5 days, then going onto mash and then to try back on foods. Going onto liquids only always slows my losses down, but I want to give my band one last try before I go for a defill. It will then have been over 5 weeks without having been able to eat a proper meal. I can eat odd things like bread, muesli, ryvitas, but I cannot eat any form of protein, meat, fish, eggs which was my staple diet prior to this fill.

At my mid week weigh in, I'd actually put on 3/4lb, so wasn't expecting anything this week - but I've lost 3lbs this week which I'm chuffed about, especially as once again, I've had limited gym access and walking due to my son not being well. I've also not made it swimming yet this week for the same reason.

I'm over the target of what I had set to lose by Easter and I'm fast approaching half way through the 16's. So although things are difficult, I'm pleased with my 3lb.

Well done 3lbs is excellent xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Weigh in day again . . .and another 3lb down. However it would be "TOTM" and I do feel really "bloated" right now . . .however I'm already ahead by 4lbs on the target I set myself to lose by Easter so am pleased.

Foodwise - Ive had some better days and have been able to eat a few meals, can eat chicken leg meat, but not chicken breast, can eat small prawns but not king prawns, but relieved that I can finally get a bit of protein down me in the form of "meat" lol

Gym access limited again due to my son not having been well, but also the fact that Im starting with the whole body aches of some sort of "flu" - I did go to the gym on tuesday, but it was dreadfully hard work and made me dizzy/sick so have eased off, and just making sure I get plenty of walking in each day.

Another bonus this week - someone didn't recognise me :D and also, I have fitted into my first size 20 - hard to believe that only 6 months ago, I was wearing stuff that was 6-8 sizes bigger!

Well done Kat, your posts are always interesting and detailed, you are an inspiration to us all.

Well done that's a great loss your doing fab xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Well done! Did you just tell the person that didn't recognise you that you've been dieting? Have you any recent pics - would be great to notice the transformation since Jan x

I'm going to get my son to take some pics this weekend, as I've not had any done since the New Years Eve pics really I will also be having some nicer ones the weekend after this as have been invited to a 40th birthday, only thing is several months ago I bought a size 22 dress thinking I should fit into it by then . . .its too big LOL

They asked me what I was eating to have lost so much weight . . .and I told them, about my cals, carbs/protein limits, and also about the gym etc . . . She said she hoped I didn't mind her commenting, but it was that I looked so different that its good to be able to say these things.

Im glad she did . . .most people "skirt" around the issue . . .

I also just realised, the weight I am now, is the lowest I have been for over 13 years . . . I did lighterlife in 2006 and hit 16 st 8, but then got so incredibly ill on it that I had to come off it under docs orders . . .then the weight crept on and up . . .

Well done Kat you are doing so well, weight loss for me is a bit slow at the moment for me but getting there!

another odd week...but limited gym visits due to house being hit by. Telegraph pole Nd my son not being well!

I lost 1/8 short of 3lb this week but logging 2lb as only do full ones. I've been on a pure animal protein for 4 days thinking that may shake things up but it hasn't at all lol so just going to carry on as I have been...

Bought some clothes this week, into a 20 but also go a cardigan which is a 16... Thinking I will shrink not it...while its a little tight it does fit....blimey lol in 7 months I've gone down thro 7 dress sizes!!!

That's great news go you and 2lb is great I lost like 2oz lol so I weren't even gonna add that lol sorry to hear about your house I hope there isn't to much damage xxx

Sent from my iPhone

kat your story is inspirational !!!! i too was on lighterlife 6 years ago and yes here i am waiting to get an appointment for a band....... the mind is the the hardest battle i think, we are creatures of habit and altering a life-long habit will truely be a battle worth fighting!

So . . I was expecting to come here and log that I'd had a gain this week. I took an "easter break" and allowed myself hot cross buns (with butter nom nom nom lol) chocolate easter cakes, and even easter eggs and a bar of Fruit n Nut chocolate. We had a party on the saturday and I had curly fries and a sausage, but also several very large glasses of wine (first time I've had a drink like that since pre-band)

When I weighed on tuesday I had gained just over 2lbs. So I was expecting to record a gain, especially as I've also not been to the gym or swimming for a week either.

As it is, I weighed in today. Not only have I lost those 2lbs by getting back on track, I've actually lost a furtehr 1lb so am logging a 1lb loss. I'm chuffed. I enjoyed the break but even allowing myself those foods I was very much aware of what I was eating. before I would have eaten 3-4 hot cross buns in a sitting. At the weekend I had one.

I also had to be measured for a bra at the weekend due to going out on saturday night and wearing a dress. It was perhaps the most embarrassing thing so far. I had to hold my arms up and all the skin around the tops of my arms/armpits and around my back was just vile. It is the first time it has really hit me how much loose skin is there. . . .I was so embarrassed I explained to the girl about my weight loss.

Before I was wearing a 48DD, and I've lost a huge amount on my boobs. But she measured me at being a 40D . . .it just goes to show, that I was actually squeezing into a DD before . . .and I don't think I have ever, (until now) had a bra that actually fitted. God knows what my cup size should have been pre weight loss lol

So that trial is over. Now I know what size I am I won't have to inflict my flappy skin on anyone.

So it's now back on track.

I started on a summer target at the end of Jan, and wanted to lose 44lbs before my holiday in August. I've now lost 27lbs of those 44lbs in about 9 weeks. So I am well on track for getting down.

Each time I lose weight, I am lighter than I have been since I was about 20 years old . . .but back on track eating, and getting back into the gym from tomorrow. Has been difficult with my son not being well, school holidays and things.

Still having ups and downs with my band. I can't eat any salad nor can I eat raw vegetables of any sort. I struggle with stir fry. I still can't eat pork at all and chicken I am also struggling with. Its now been almost 8 weeks since my fill, and I can count on my fingers the number of meals I've actually been able to sit and eat. I've had times back on liquids only, and it did help, but I'm going to give it another couple of weeks. If Im still having the difficulties with food as I am having, I am going to see about getting a slight defill because I think 3 months is the limit.

I can't eat any food prior to about 3pm, usually can manage a yoghurt, but the past few days while I've eaten a yoghurt, I can't get the fruit in it to go down. Unless I've had a hot drink prior to it . . .

Very strange these bands lol

Well done topkat. It can speed up the losses sometimes by shocking the body. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, in a measured way, and have not fallen off the band wagon :D fingers crossed some normality re what you can eat is regained before it annoys you too much x

Well done your doing great and your gonna smash your target. Sorry to hear your having trouble with some foods I hope you can sort that out as time goes on.

Sent from my iPhone

well, I can't weigh in.

My battery is going on my scales. I stepped on I'd gained over 6lb! I stepped off. I stepped on and I'd lost 2lb. I stepped off. I stepped on and hadn't lost anything at all.

On a mission to get a new battery after work, but will now have to weigh in tomorrow as I will have taken on so much liquid etc by time I get home, it wont be an accurate reading.

Sorry to hear that hopefully tomorrow is a new day and your have a nice surprise xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Such a nightmare day yesterday I forgot it was thursday and weigh in day. So did it today.

I have lost 1lb this week. I should be celebrating that I have now lost 8 stone on the nail, but I'm fed up that I've lost 1lb! This month the loss has really slowed down and I really need to step it up. The few weeks of limited gym and swim due to my son being ill, the time off for easter (the gain but then the loss of the extra 3lb) has hit. So, I should be celebrating but I don't feel like it.

This is the week each month I do tend to lose only 1lb, but that doesn't quite help.

Have an appointment a week today due to the fact that I can feel my port moving, I've lost so much weight around where it was located, that its now moved up but when I bend over it catches on my rib cage. I've also gone from having too much restriction after the last fill to none over night, back a week or so ago, and I wonder if something has actually happened to make it move.

So, an appointment with the main man! Who I havent seen since I sat before him at 24 stone and he said average loss is 50-60%, well, I've already smashed that, they even asked me if I would be willing to do a photo shoot :D lol - I told her when I've lost me other 4 stone maybe!

So, a bit fed up. But need to change something to get back on track, and make sure I hit that swimming pool at least twice a week.

I feel your agony Hun my loss is terrible too at the moment 1lb or 0.5lb a week and just struggling to get in to double figures I'm toitering around 103/104 it's highly annoying :(

So happy for you that your appointment went so well and get you mrs photoshoot that's great :) fx were both have better losses next week xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Back