• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kat's Bander weigh in and diary thread

Lemon grass, chilli, garlic, ginger and coriander ... Plus loads of chicken breasts. My staple LOL

I've run out of chicken breasts OMGOMGOMG lol thankfully Ive some king prawns but will need some chicken, I've not had any now for 2 days . . .shock horror.

I'm one week off being 6 months post op, currently have 7.5mls in my band, but about to head up the motorway for a most welcome fill - having no restriction and a constant hunger is not the easiest, and working out and gymming in the way I am, it pushes the hunger up even more . . .

Having said that, I've lost 2lb this week, which has come in the past 2 days as on mid week weigh in I hadn't lost anything (in fact I'd put on 1/4lb lol) this is traditionally the week I only lose 1lb, so its a bonus.

Am hoping the fill will really help . . .

Well done on your loss xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Hope the fill goes well. You've done so well up to now & guess keeping up that level of weight loss will not happen. I'm sure you'll find am improvement with the tightened band to kickstart the loss again & help with added motivation. :)

Wow, these weigh in times come around quickly.

This week I've lost just over 4lb (logging 4lb loss) which I am really pleased about, but this week there have been some really big NSV's for me.

I started my couch 25k and for the first time since I was a teen, I've actually run . . .well jogged, but working towards the 5k - two days later the muscles in my legs are still killing me, but I have started, a couple of months earlier than first thought, but I'm underway.

I have now also been going to the gym 3-4 times a week and swimming 2-3 times a week, as well as walking a good few miles a day - I've not missed one day now since the new year.

And, my brain is suddenly catching up with myself clothes wise, I've still been lurking around in clothes which are wayyyyyyy too big. My coat which is a plus 34/36 can almost touch my ankles, I've been living in size 30/32 tops but this week week I bought a top for holidays in the summer, thinking it will fit me then (it's a size 22) and I was shocked when it arrived and I tried it on and it fitted.

Each morning I've gone to put something on and can just see how big it is, so I've now got to relegate everything from the wardrobe, dig out the 22/24's and start wearing them . . .my brain, my head still can't get around the fact that I'm no longer a 30, 32 or 34!

And another NSV - my beach towel goes all the way round LOL no longer needing a bath sheet - it is these small things that really help the brain to catch up and notice.

I've also had a lot of people comment this week on how noticeable it all is, but then I know that's cos I've swapped my clothes down 4 or 5 sizes LOL

I turn 6 months post op this week (day wise its today, date wise its the 23rd) and I'm 2lb off being 7 stone down . . .hoping that may go by the 23rd itself . . .but I love my band, but more so, I love the way it has helped me make the changes . . .a little restriction would be nice, but its still going well and I'm chuffed :D

Yay that is a brilliant loss and brilliant NSV's , I've been in 20-22 for a while now but like you I was walking around in bigger stuff and I was just shocked to be in such a smaller size another stone and ill prob be able to buy clothes in a cheaper shop than Evans lol at moment it's Tesco , yours clothing or new look but to be able to possibly buy something in Primark and not spend the earth x

Sent from my iPhone

I can't wait this year . . .we go on holiday to Turkey in August and Im hoping to have lost another 2 1/2 to 3 stone by then . . .I will need clothes for going away, but this time I wont need to spend £30 on a pair of evans trousers I'll be hopefully able to do primark LOL

Can't wait to be able to go into some shops and things. Am working my way back down the wardrobe at the moment as my weight has gone up and down so many times but I've always kept the clothes.

I do need to start listing my bigger ones tho, I made just under £500 on ebay before Xmas . .

That's great , wish I'd done that I just threw them all but they were all really worn anyways so prob would have made a tenner max lol

Sent from my iPhone

some of mine are like that so I have a bag for the rag man, a local cat charity then gets money per kg :) there could be lots for them this rate lol

Lol least your get something x

Sent from my iPhone

I've lost 3lb this week.

into the 16's
over 7 stone gone
but 1lb off my century which I was a little gutted about, had hoped to have reached that today, but as my sons been ill this week I've only made it to the gym once, no swimming and no running either . . .so am pleased with that :)

Yay well done on 3lbs and the 16's you've done fab and overtook me now lol

Sent from my iPhone

Well done Kat you are an inspiration :) I just cleared my wardrobe to the charity shop and then looked at what was left and panicked -what on earth do I wear for work now? Leggings are great at home cos the fit changes with you but can't wear them for work and don't want to spend a fortune on clothes that might only last a month or so. Wonder if you can get a sick note due to lack of suitable clothing lol !

lol

I know that feeling, I'm still lounging in clothes which are wayyyyyy to big, but only because I don't want to go out buying. I have given in and bought a couple of pairs of trousers on ebay, but I also need to get listing my clothes on ebay too . . .I now have 4 wardrobes of clothes that don't fit, some of them I spent an awful lot of money on and they still have labels attached!

This week. Hasn't been the easiest.

My son was ill and off school all last week, I had one swim and one gym visit at the start of it, nothing from wednesday of last week til the start of this.

I've had odd goings on with my band this week - the fill a few weeks ago has stopped me being able to freely eat all of my protein sources, cannot eat chicken, prawns, ham or tuna which is a real rubbish thing . . .I'm finding I can eat cold food, but if I eat something cooked, its harder to eat. So yes, having some "restriction" issues which is strange as I've had 6 months of no restriction to where I am now - quite literally from one extreme to another . . .

As it is, I've lost 1lb this week. Actually I was 1/8th lb off 2lb loss but as I only log full pounds it has to go down as 1. I do feel a bit disappointed, but seeing as my mid week check in I'd actually put on 1lb I have to be pleased that I got that 1lb off and another (almost 2).

But, I've joined the century club. I've now lost 100lbs, and am pleased that I've done that in 6 months. I must focus on this positive achievement and not get bogged down in the negative thoughts and the crooked thinking that its not enough or that I'm not doing well.

So . . .still going well, desperate now for trousers that don't fall down, I thought that I would still be around a 26 as I have trousers in that size, but only 3/4 length ones in 24's and 22's, and it ain't warm enough to be wearing them even tho they fit!

Hmmmmm

Well done on your 1lb loss I know it can be annoying but you are doing so amazing , have you spoke to them about the food issues you are having ??? Maybe they're Is something they can do.

I weighed this morning (my actual day but logged yesterday cos of hosp appointment ) and I was down another 2lb how annoying but I am thinking wait till next Thursday and hopefully have a nice surprise :) typical

Sent from my iPhone

I'm giving it some time after the fill to get a whole outlook over the whole of the month and to see if it eases off some, I do wonder whether the fill was a bit of a jump up. They gave me 1.5mls in one go taking me to 9mls. It maybe just a little bit too much, or it could turn out that way if I struggle with protein foods. I have found that Im ok with stuff like muesli, but my whole protein based diet has had to change . . .I've had times where Ive gone back to liquids only to see if that would help . . .and I feel ok, but don't want it to go on long term . . .

Will give it til the end of the month and then see whats happening . . . :)

I weighed this morning (my actual day but logged yesterday cos of hosp appointment ) and I was down another 2lb how annoying but I am thinking wait till next Thursday and hopefully have a nice surprise :) typical

Sent from my iPhone

I don't take into account the weigh in's I have done at provider etc as its been proven on previous times that the scales are not inline with my own. One time they had told me I'd lost 7lbs more than I had, I came home weighed on 2 scales and then went to Boots! As such, I only log the losses on my own scales . . .

Must be very frustrating for you top cat but it is still going in the right direction and fingers crossed your body will get itself sorted and you will be away again. As for the trousers do you remember the Bay City Rollers? You could always try some tartan on the bottom and start a trend lol!

Back