• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

L.s.d diet is harder than I thought

Popsie

Hello everyone I had my pre op visit on Thursday 7th April all went well, even thou under st George's tooting having bypass at st anthonys apparently this way they can gaureentee a bed in HDU as I have epilepsy and a few other problems that need observing, I thought the LSD diet would be hard but it's not so much being hungry it more cravings did anyone else get this? I just want some toast and marmite mmmmmm at the moment just yogurt and 2 pints of milk it's a bit boring but I begining to think it could be a way of conditioning the brain before surgery so afterwards will be easier as well as having a smaller stomachs anyway share your thoughts they are much appreciated to keep my paws off the toast

I was lucky as I did the 1000 low calorie LSD and not the milk one ,I need to "eat" something so all fluids diet was not going to do it for me
your right in saying its all about you getting use to smaller portions post op and cravings are normal just flipping hard when on the LSD just don't give into them and ruin all the hard you have put in up till now
very good luck
Good luck

I found the LSD was hell for the first 4 days . The withdrawal from a high carb , junk diet , was really tough .. Headaches , dizziness , light head and not being able to think properly ..
But once past that , I felt awake and alive and not hungry at all . I followed an egg and protein diet
4 eggs , 8oz chicken or quorn , leafy greens only , Bovril , water and a large bag of salad leaves . Daily ..
The protein really keeps hunger at bay ..
I was told I had to do this radical diet as my BMI was over 50 ..
Keep with it and keep the goal post in sight ..
Mindy
Xxx

My dad said I was always stubborn so I pulling that stubbornness in now to make sure my liver is tip top for the surgery has any one else been under the care of Marcus reddy my journey to this has been not to bad I feel very lucky and thankful for our nhs just getting nerves slightly now due to nurse in pre op speaking to her colleague on phone in front of me how my co morbidities complicates my surgery and she has to book HDU bed why I don't need to hear this I know that's why I having the operationhave to admit thou having a bit more energy than normal going to lay gravel path in garden tommorow if nice weather so carry on good work everyone and If it passes your lips it will cling to your hips xx

Hi Popsie I had to do 14 days on shakes and found this the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I think the only reason I got through it was because I keep thinking about the long term goal
and the fact that surgery is safer when u have done the LSD. For 2 weeks not a morsel past my lips and yea after day 4 it does get easier. Try and stay focused and remember why u r doing this then ur soon be on the losers bench with everyone else. Good luck xx

Oh my the worst thing has happened yesterday on day six my gallbladder started to makes itself known which it has not done for years, many years ago 26 to be precise I was inform I had 4 stones eat wisely and leave them alone , only ever had two attacks and told DR this no more said now they are saying they may cancel surgery on 23rd my go has to arrange urgent ultra scan ?

Hi Popsie
Can't they just look at it while they're in there, and whip it out if necessary? I'm sure other people on here have said they have had it taken out during their WL surgery. (can't remember specific instances tho - so might be wrong)
Jane x

My pre op diet starts on 30 april for just over a month. need to lose 10kg before surgery as well as it being for the liver. hope you survive without the toast!!

Fingers crossed it gets resolved. Even if the worst happens and it's a slight delay at least now you know you are on the list so there's a happy ending soon enough

Hi Popsie :)

These things are sent to test us! Or so they say ;)

I hope they don't cancel the op for you, maybe as others have said they can remove it during the surgery? You're so close, don't let it beat you down. You're almost there xx

Had a phone call from st George's today my lovely bariatric nurse is going to speak to my surgeon today and find out from him where we go, apparently if it's inflamed they cannot operate and then I have to go to my gp get put on a list to have it removed and then after healed go again for bypass slighlty fed up today waiting for decision sinking my sorrows with muller strawberry yoghurt xxx

Mmmm strawberry muller yoghurt, my tipple of choice is the toffee ones ;)

I've got my fingers crossed for you!! When will you know?

xxx

I really hope it works out well for you and I'm really keen on hearing that you go through to surgery at St Georges. I'm about 3-4 months behind you, I reckon, so you are my path finder.... Good luck

Hello my lovelies having ct scan on weds 20th at st Georges and then this gets passed to my surgeon wherever he may be and then I should know by Friday morning whether me and teddy are off to hospital the next day or I am consoling myself because I been on two weeks of liver shrinkage and cheese on toast has my name on

Good luck

Lots of luck Popsie .. I hope you get the good news your waiting for
Xxxxxx

My dad said I was always stubborn so I pulling that stubbornness in now to make sure my liver is tip top for the surgery has any one else been under the care of Marcus reddy my journey to this has been not to bad I feel very lucky and thankful for our nhs just getting nerves slightly now due to nurse in pre op speaking to her colleague on phone in front of me how my co morbidities complicates my surgery and she has to book HDU bed why I don't need to hear this I know that's why I having the operationhave to admit thou having a bit more energy than normal going to lay gravel path in garden tommorow if nice weather so carry on good work everyone and If it passes your lips it will cling to your hips xx
Hi Popsie
It appears to be standard practice to put anyone who is morbidly obese in an HDU bed - I think its to cover their backs. I had to when I had my gall bladder done at a hospital I had not had surgery at before. I was also told I would be in HDU bed for my WLS (different hospital).

Good luck with your surgery

Fingers crossed that the scan is ok and that you can go ahead with the surgery.

Back