• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let the journey commence

I think you have done brilliantly, already you have lost nearly 4 stone !!!! Wow
You are a success story, you are so positive and determined that you will achieve your goal and with support from family,friends and this group you are going to smash it !!!!
Everything that I read says that apart from the band other weight loss surgery changes your relationship with food, I do hope so.
I think it's a combination of things that concerns me , first I've never had anaesthetic, even when I had my daughter by C Section it was a spinal block. So something completely new which makes you think, hope I'm ok, hope I don't have a reaction to the drugs etc. Then I think " hope my recovery is good "
I feel excited because it's a tool to help me lose weight , improve my health and hopefully enjoying seeing daughter grow up.
Your doing great Blimg Babe . X
Thank you, it’s completely understandable to feel like that, just keep reinforcing positive thoughts and you’ll be fine xx

Hi Jules I think we are all apprehensive about what will happen and everyone is different. I can’t tolerate/don’t particularly enjoy alcohol any more and ice cream really upsets my bypass which is then known as the bitch! I am so glad I had this surgery and you will be too I am certain of it xxx
Thanks Maria xx

Hi Jules65

I’m hoping to have a bypass with Spire Washington in July Like you feeling excited and a bit worried. But it’s going to be for the better for us both I’m sure

I too will be on the milk diet If our opps coincide we can compare and swap notes lol

The support on this forum is amazing and the stories are just off the scale. There are some super heroes on here I’m sure if we have a wobble the great bunch of guys on here will calm and and talk us through it.

Take care and keep ya chin up x

Hi Jules65

I’m hoping to have a bypass with Spire Washington in July Like you feeling excited and a bit worried. But it’s going to be for the better for us both I’m sure

I too will be on the milk diet If our opps coincide we can compare and swap notes lol

The support on this forum is amazing and the stories are just off the scale. There are some super heroes on here I’m sure if we have a wobble the great bunch of guys on here will calm and and talk us through it.

Hi Irene 44,
Thank you for your message, lovely to hear from another newbie like myself.
My surgery is booked for 4 July at Spire Parkway, have you had your consultation ?
I am now waiting to hear from the dietitian regarding my liquid diet, but being told it will be the
Middle of June.
Yes I feel excited, scared and a load of different emotions but the guys on here tell me it's all normal.
They are a great support and it's interesting to hear about their personal journeys.
Let me know the date
Love Jules xx

Hi Jules65

Hi Irene 44,
Thank you for your message, lovely to hear from another newbie like myself.
My surgery is booked for 4 July at Spire Parkway, have you had your consultation ?
I am now waiting to hear from the dietitian regarding my liquid diet, but being told it will be the
Middle of June.
Yes I feel excited, scared and a load of different emotions but the guys on here tell me it's all normal.
They are a great support and it's interesting to hear about their personal journeys.
Let me know the date
Love Jules xx

Hi Jules

How fab for you hun :) that’s great . I’ve got my second app with surgeon 26/6 so not sure what the date in July will be as have scope done first unfortunately. So I shall be a bit behind you I think but will only maybe be a couple of weeks so we can still swap notes

This is great site full of advice and support everyone is lovely some of the journeys are riviting I’ve read so many of them and mostly all have had similar issues as me Makes you realise it’s not just you I don’t feel half as alienated as I did we all have the same thing in common and the same struggles So nice to have that support keep posting hun xx

Nearly 2 years now on waiting list for surgery hopefully end of year maybe early next year or i like to say 7 mnths theres a long wait at stoke think thats cause they have just took over the wls it was in liverpool previously so maybe that has something to do with long waiting list im not disharted even though id love to say surgery will be next month i will take these 7 mnths to get as ready for surgery and try to be as fit as possible when its time for me

Nearly 2 years now on waiting list for surgery hopefully end of year maybe early next year or i like to say 7 mnths theres a long wait at stoke think thats cause they have just took over the wls it was in liverpool previously so maybe that has something to do with long waiting list im not disharted even though id love to say surgery will be next month i will take these 7 mnths to get as ready for surgery and try to be as fit as possible when its time for me
Fingers crossed that you don't have to wait too much longer, but it will be all worth the wait I'm sure. Keeping reading and finding out as much information as you can while you are waiting. Keep us posted xx

Hi Jules

How fab for you hun :) that’s great . I’ve got my second app with surgeon 26/6 so not sure what the date in July will be as have scope done first unfortunately. So I shall be a bit behind you I think but will only maybe be a couple of weeks so we can still swap notes

This is great site full of advice and support everyone is lovely some of the journeys are riviting I’ve read so many of them and mostly all have had similar issues as me Makes you realise it’s not just you I don’t feel half as alienated as I did we all have the same thing in common and the same struggles So nice to have that support keep posting hun xx

Hi Irene,

Not posted for a while, been busy at work and home.
It's 3 weeks today I have my surgery, still trying to read as much information as possible," just in case I've missed something"
My dietician rang me today to confirm the pre op diet with me, and explain how it works, which was pretty much what I already understood. I have already started cutting down and replacing one meal with a meal replacement shake, but I need to start properly for two weeks before the surgery so next Wednesday 20 June.
I asked if they did any seminoirs but unfortunately they don't which I feel is sad, it would of been great to speak to people in the same situation, with the same questions and be able to support each other. Although I agree that everyone is so supportive on here.
I am being told that I will get a call next week regarding my pre op appointment, still a little worried but also excited. I think it not just because of the surgery etc but I've never had a general anaesthetic.
I only had one appointment with the surgeon which was 18 May, I won't see him now until the day of the Op.
Good luck with your appointment on 26 June, keep us updated on dates etc
Regrets j

Hi Irene,

Not posted for a while, been busy at work and home.
It's 3 weeks today I have my surgery, still trying to read as much information as possible," just in case I've missed something"
My dietician rang me today to confirm the pre op diet with me, and explain how it works, which was pretty much what I already understood. I have already started cutting down and replacing one meal with a meal replacement shake, but I need to start properly for two weeks before the surgery so next Wednesday 20 June.
I asked if they did any seminoirs but unfortunately they don't which I feel is sad, it would of been great to speak to people in the same situation, with the same questions and be able to support each other. Although I agree that everyone is so supportive on here.
I am being told that I will get a call next week regarding my pre op appointment, still a little worried but also excited. I think it not just because of the surgery etc but I've never had a general anaesthetic.
I only had one appointment with the surgeon which was 18 May, I won't see him now until the day of the Op.
Good luck with your appointment on 26 June, keep us updated on dates etc
Regrets j

Hi Jules

Nice to hear from you Oh exciting 3 weeks will fly by. I must admit that been quite disappointed with Spire in as much as never had any info or support up to now As you say it would be lovely if they had some sort of group or forum. Just seems we are been left to our own devices.

Hopefully we shall have more support from them when the surgery is nearer At least I get to see the surgeon twice lol What diet do you have to do hun? I hope it all goes well Jules keep us updated :) good look with the diet xx

Hi Jules

Nice to hear from you Oh exciting 3 weeks will fly by. I must admit that been quite disappointed with Spire in as much as never had any info or support up to now As you say it would be lovely if they had some sort of group or forum. Just seems we are been left to our own devices.

Hopefully we shall have more support from them when the surgery is nearer At least I get to see the surgeon twice lol What diet do you have to do hun? I hope it all goes well Jules keep us updated :) good look with the diet xx

I don't know if it's just me, but I think this year is flying by so the 4 July is just around the corner.
I will be going properly onto the liquid diet, so shakes,milks and yogurts.
The dietician said you should have no more than 100 grams of carbs a day, as this is what starts the process of shrinking your liver. Some that she suggested to try are celebrity slim soups, slim fast shakes and certaint yoghurts
The hospital group gave me two books of loads of information which is brilliant but not as good as the face to face contact. I'm sure you will receive something similar.

I've been told it's 2- 6 weeks off from work depending on your job and recovery. I am going to speak to the clinical lead in our Occ Health department tomorrow to inform her of the surgery, I will contact her direct when I'm off work to keep it confidential until I'm back. Do you work Irene ?

Keep you posted

Jules

The years certainly do fly by, how exciting you’ll nearly there xxx

Hi Jules how you doing hun xx

Hi @Jules65 I had my actual operation at the same hospital you're having yours but i had mine through the NHS because they had to cancel my surgery at Heartlands so i'm not really sure how they do things there if you're having it privately. I can tell you though that the hospital is amazing. You have the nicest room with your own TV, your own bathroom, a nice comfy bed and all the staff are really helpful and friendly.

My surgery also went really well. I had it on January 29th, was in the hospital less than 24 hours after surgery and have lost 5 and a half stone since then. I had a bypass though. I healed quickly and felt almost back to normal after a couple of weeks. Stopped taking any pain killers after the second day home. It would have been hard for me to believe i had had surgery at all if it wasn't for the change in my diet haha.

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery. It's not far away now! :hugs:

Hi All, just to give you an update, I had my Op on 4 July so 2 weeks today, under Mr Richardson at the Spire Parkway, all went well and I fell really well on the Thursday.
I was discharged on the Friday, 6th July but started suffering with really bad diarrhoea which I put down to the iron medicine and my body adjusting unfortunately by the Sunday morning (8th) I had become severely dehydrated so was re admitted back into hospital where I remained on a drip until Wednesday 11th. I have been at home since but so very tired.
While I was in hospital I had stomach scans and x rays to check I had no blockages, which all came back ok
,and since being home I have had loads of telephone support from the hospital group plus my own GP.
My starting weigh on 20 June was 19 st 10lbs on 16 July my weigh was 17 st and 5lbs, I am still on fluids only, at the moment as advised by the dietician but will try some purée food in the next day or two. Apparently all consultants are different but my Surgeon says to start purée food from the 3rd week. I have had some challenges already but feel I made the correct decision to go private and have the gastric sleeve.
I hope you are all well where ever you are in your journey, thank you for your support and advise over the last few months
I will update you all again soon .
Love Jules xx

Hi @Jules65 I had my actual operation at the same hospital you're having yours but i had mine through the NHS because they had to cancel my surgery at Heartlands so i'm not really sure how they do things there if you're having it privately. I can tell you though that the hospital is amazing. You have the nicest room with your own TV, your own bathroom, a nice comfy bed and all the staff are really helpful and friendly.

My surgery also went really well. I had it on January 29th, was in the hospital less than 24 hours after surgery and have lost 5 and a half stone since then. I had a bypass though. I healed quickly and felt almost back to normal after a couple of weeks. Stopped taking any pain killers after the second day home. It would have been hard for me to believe i had had surgery at all if it wasn't for the change in my diet haha.

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery. It's not far away now! :hugs:

Thanks Victoria, I've had some challenges but feel I am back on track.
Well done on your weight lost, what made you decided to go for a bypass rather than anything else?
Take care Jules xx

Back