• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let the journey commence

Hi All, just to give you an update, I had my Op on 4 July so 2 weeks today, under Mr Richardson at the Spire Parkway, all went well and I fell really well on the Thursday.
I was discharged on the Friday, 6th July but started suffering with really bad diarrhoea which I put down to the iron medicine and my body adjusting unfortunately by the Sunday morning (8th) I had become severely dehydrated so was re admitted back into hospital where I remained on a drip until Wednesday 11th. I have been at home since but so very tired.
While I was in hospital I had stomach scans and x rays to check I had no blockages, which all came back ok
,and since being home I have had loads of telephone support from the hospital group plus my own GP.
My starting weigh on 20 June was 19 st 10lbs on 16 July my weigh was 17 st and 5lbs, I am still on fluids only, at the moment as advised by the dietician but will try some purée food in the next day or two. Apparently all consultants are different but my Surgeon says to start purée food from the 3rd week. I have had some challenges already but feel I made the correct decision to go private and have the gastric sleeve.
I hope you are all well where ever you are in your journey, thank you for your support and advise over the last few months
I will update you all again soon .
Love Jules xx
Congratulations and I hope you feel better soon. Great weight loss too xx

God love ya Jules you sound as though you have been through the mill Hope your on the mend now. Crikie 2 stone already that’s some going x. It’s lovely to hear from try and keep posting and updating when you can. :)

I’m having a bypass 31st July starting LRD this Saturday so nearly there Will do all the measurements and before pictures on Friday I think xx

What a horrid time, glad your on the mend and very well done xxx

Thanks Victoria, I've had some challenges but feel I am back on track.
Well done on your weight lost, what made you decided to go for a bypass rather than anything else?
Take care Jules xx

I'm sorry you had a tough time and ended up back in the hospital but glad that you're feeling better. Did they find out what the problem was?

Your weight loss so far has been amazing! Congratulations.

I decided to have the bypass because i was so big at the start... I know when people start at the weight i did and have the sleeve a lot of the time it has to be revised to the bypass anyway for them to get down to a normal BMI range. And i'd also read that the bypass is supposed to help you lose weight faster than the other surgeries with the majority of your weight being lost in the first 12 months and i wanted things to happen as fast as possible haha

I'm sorry you had a tough time and ended up back in the hospital but glad that you're feeling better. Did they find out what the problem was?

Your weight loss so far has been amazing! Congratulations.

I decided to have the bypass because i was so big at the start... I know when people start at the weight i did and have the sleeve a lot of the time it has to be revised to the bypass anyway for them to get down to a normal BMI range. And i'd also read that the bypass is supposed to help you lose weight faster than the other surgeries with the majority of your weight being lost in the first 12 months and i wanted things to happen as fast as possible haha
Well done Victoria xx

Hi All, well I have just been discharged again from the hospital with severe dehydration! I was re admitted, for the s cond time on Tuesday 24 July and discharged again today , IV fluids, CT scan and all was positive.
I can't be the other person that struggling with retaining fluids ..... can I ?
Any advice greatly received
Hope you are all well
luv Jules x

Hi All, well I have just been discharged again from the hospital with severe dehydration! I was re admitted, for the s cond time on Tuesday 24 July and discharged again today , IV fluids, CT scan and all was positive.
I can't be the other person that struggling with retaining fluids ..... can I ?
Any advice greatly received
Hope you are all well
luv Jules x
Bless you, your really going through it, can your team shed any light on the problem? Xx

Bless you, your really going through it, can your team shed any light on the problem? Xx

Hi bling babe,

I think because I am feeling so nausea all the time , it is putting me off drinking because I keep thinking I am going to be sick , plus we have had exceptional hot weather since I had the surgery, plus bouts of diarrhoea which have all contributed to becoming dehydrated, and of course because I had the gastric sleeve surgery then I have a much smaller stomach so I am unable to drink the amount I used too.
I am also feeling dizzy but have realised this is to do with a form of vertigo not dehydration which I original had thought.

How are things going with you ? Good I hope.
Have you found any difficulties with being back at work?

Keep smiling luv Jules xx

Hi Hun. Gosh you have been through it x. Are you feeling any better now? Do you feel as though your on the mend How’s the fluid intake going now xx

Hi bling babe,

I think because I am feeling so nausea all the time , it is putting me off drinking because I keep thinking I am going to be sick , plus we have had exceptional hot weather since I had the surgery, plus bouts of diarrhoea which have all contributed to becoming dehydrated, and of course because I had the gastric sleeve surgery then I have a much smaller stomach so I am unable to drink the amount I used too.
I am also feeling dizzy but have realised this is to do with a form of vertigo not dehydration which I original had thought.

How are things going with you ? Good I hope.
Have you found any difficulties with being back at work?

Keep smiling luv Jules xx
Hi Jules, I found it difficult to get a good amount of fluids in The beginning with my bypass but it’s fine now, I’m doing really good thank you, I feel great and happy to be back at work, I was of for 8 weeks because I became so lethargic but that’s all passed too, I’m soaking up the sun in Aruba at the moment and loving every minute of it and Percy pouch has behaved really well to although I have been quite good with my food too.
I really hope you start to recover soon xxxxx

Back