• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lottie Looses Weight :)

lottie:)

My name is Lottie I'm 29 years old, married with a beautiful 5 month old daughter and living in Dubai. I've been on the larger side since I was about 16 after a horrible tragedy in our family in which I started to turn to food for comfort. Ever since then other than just purely enjoying food I've used it as a comfort. It finally got to the stage after every diet and fitness fad that I knew stronger measures were needed !

So 2 weeks ago I bit the bullet weighing 16st 8lb and 5"8 and went to the hospital to be assessed for a band. I was told I was the perfect candidate and booked in for Sept 2nd! No more fat girl for me !

Today is September 3rd and I'm weighing 16st. I had my operation yesterday in which I was so excited and terrified all at the same time! I even told my DR to make sure he got an early night before surgery !!! Lol

After surgery I wasn't feeling very well I had a high temperature and shallow breathing but I'm pleased to say today I'm feeling a lot better.

I'm now waiting to pass gas which is highly unpleasant to kept being asked! Never been so excited to try and fart ha ha. I'm also waiting for the DR to come and remove my drain and then I can have my first drink.

Here's to loosing the fat girl and finding me again :)

Good luck to all x

Good luck with your journey. The effort will be worth it :)

I've finally had my drain removed and I'm not going lie it was rather an odd sensation, thank goodness there was only 1 !!

Just having my first drink in 2 days and so scared to put anything in my tummy ! So far so good just giving me a very heavy feeling which is odd as have only had a few sips ! Maybe it's gas who knows.

Just waiting to pass gas and I can go home!!! I'm praying for a fart this is ridiculous lol

X

Once they start they won't stop ... Welcome to your new world LOL :rolleyes:

Highly frustrated the hospital won't let me go till I pass wind and it's still not happening !!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhh

Thanks mami, flutter fly u were right !!!! Great news I'm going home the nurse was so please I broke wind she did a little dance :) x

I cannot wait for the little black dress !!!!!! :) I'm now home which is lovely but I have to be honest I've spent all morning in bed out for the count. I know they say keep moving around but I'm shattered !! Zzzzzz Zzzzzz

LOL :D So pleased you got your ''dance'' in the end! CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the banders bench :) Well Jel you live in Dubai...

The dance was an added bonus lol :) I must say I do like living here. Today has been a good day I'm 2nd day post op and feeling a lot less windy thank goodness. I'm slightly concerned with the amount I can consume as I'm reading most people are struggling to get fluids in them. Today I've managed:

5 pints water
2 cartons of supplement juice
1/2 can soup
1/2 milkshake

730 calories is that bad.

I've been on anywhere between about 400-800. Wouldn't worry about cals its more about getting liquids in at the start x

sounds good to me hune. sooo glad your on the mend. I would get rest, as its your way of your body healing, glad the wind is better. wishing lots of luck on the weight loss, how are you feeling? are you in any pain? bet your glad its over. do you know when you get your first fill, did they put any in already? keep us posted.

Hi Lottie,

I think what you have had is good, I have not managed nearlly that amount yet, Hope you are doing well

Jane xx

Thanks wobbly shall do just that :)

Gonnabethinner I'm feeling not to bad today I'm a little uncomfortable but I wouldn't say its painful. I only had a csection 5 months ago so prepared myself it was going to be as bad as that and its nowhere near it.I haven't had anything put in my band yet it won't be done until im 5 weeks post op.

How are you feeling today Jane? What are you managing with the liquids ?

Xx

5am and wide awake haven't slept a wink just couldn't get comfortable. Lesson learnt take your painkillers don't be a martyr !

5am and wide awake haven't slept a wink just couldn't get comfortable. Lesson learnt take your painkillers don't be a martyr !

Poor you :(
I take my meds before bed as they make me sleepy anyway so it helps! I have been going to be a couple of hours earlier than normal. I have tended to wake up at about 4 with wind pain, so wake up for a walk around the lounge for an hour then go back to bed.
I am trying to get through the day without my pain killers as they seem to make me very dopey! I need them more in the morning and evening, and I'm not so bad when I'm occupied in the day.
I'm having a very heavy period as well so they are also helping with that!

Try to have a nap today to make up for it x

Thanks Sara all meds taken today much better :)

The food demon is talking to me all I can think about is food driving me nuts !

Feeling great today nothing like a good nights sleep!! I've just set myself a Christmas target to be 13st 7lb !!!!!!!

Today I've had a small fromage frais yogurt and it was absolutley lovely :)

Here to bring skinny Eeeeeeeekkkkkk! Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Back