• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LOU1973: I'm back from my breast lift

well I'm back from the shops - driving was absolutely fine and i ended up buying quite a few bits and pieces in town so ended up lugging some pretty heavy bags around with me.

Felt ok whilst I was out driving and walking was fine (don't think anyone would have guessed what was going on under my clothes ;-)) and even tried some clothes on in DP - and bought them LOL. Now having a rest on the sofa and can feel my tummy pulsing a little bit (you know like your legs can after a good session on the tread mill) so think I need to take it easy this evening.

Meant to say earlier took my final antibiotic tablet this morning

Appt 2mrw - yecks

Sounds like you had a fab day hun. Just put your feet up now and look forward to the big unveiling tomorrow. I'm really excited for you! :D

I'm pretty sure there will be tears - just hoping they will be of joy!! I promise to put photos up even if it looks awful - not expecting perfection but anything that is better than before would be amazing

I'm pretty sure there will be tears - just hoping they will be of joy!! I promise to put photos up even if it looks awful - not expecting perfection but anything that is better than before would be amazing

That's a very wise way to look at it. I'm so sure you'll be happy with the results.

I remember when I was researching the procedure and I found a post on here with a link to a bunch of pre and post-op pics from private clinics in the US.

Lots of people were saying they wouldn't want a TT if they ended up with scars like that but when I saw the pics I thought 'Wow! If they can do that for me that's what I want.'

I knew I could never expect a perfect tum from the procedure but that wasn't what I was looking for. It was about having a deformity removed. Not about vanity and wanting to be picture perfect but to not feel like a freak anymore.

My tum is far from perfect but I finally feel normal. This procedure has turned my life around.

I think there are some people out there that wrongly assume that TTs are an easy way to a flat tummy or a form of surgical fat loss like liposuction but no decent surgeon in the right mind would carry out the procedure on a patient who didn't have excess skin to remove.

You had excess skin from a heavy weight loss and it has been removed so you are bound to see a big improvement. I think that the common thing that upsets people afterwards is the scarring and you are fully prepared for that. You're going to look fab!

I have an additional incision going from the main one and up to my belly button (my little boy says my scar looks like an anchor :D Lol!) so I have a bit more scarring than most others to worry about but it's faded so much already.

Talking of which - I have found an amazin deal on eBay for some silicone gel strips that are meant to work wonders on raised scars especially when new. Will post the link in a sec.

So proud of you for sticking out this week with all the suspense. Roll on tomorrow!!!
xx

It will be sometime next year. I'm having the op on the NHS so to obtain funding I have to maintain at BMI 28 or under for a year so should be about April.

You've done so well with your weight loss hun. Well done! And a TT is a great incentive to keep going isn't it. Fingers crossed for you for the rest of your journey to your TT. :)
xx

It will be sometime next year. I'm having the op on the NHS so to obtain funding I have to maintain at BMI 28 or under for a year so should be about April.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - and as poppy says it's a great incentive to keep the weight off.

Let us know when you get the date and any questions you have just shout

I know! I couldn't believe how cheap it was and like you say - anything worth a try.

Today's the big day! Can't wait to hear all about your lovely new flat tum! :)
xx

well I'm back from my post operation appointment. They took off my dressings and I saw the scar for the first time and I have to say I was impressed - obviously it's very red but it's very neat and not as thick as I thought it would be. Also saw my new belly button which although red around the edge as you'd expect is actually much nicer than my old belly button which was a bit distorted after key hole surgery a few years ago.

Was pleased with my tummy as well which was much flatter and loads of the stretch marks have been cut away forever - hurrah.

Now for the bad news - they have redressed it until my next appt on saturday which means i still can't shower until saturday - arghhhh

Anyway I have added some piccies to my private album (just send me a friend request if you want to see them) - you don't see the full effect as the dressings have been added back on and it's still bruised and a bit swollen but I can't tell you how pleased I am

Now for the bit that will shock you - the surgeon who did my tummy tuck happened to be in the surgery whilst I was there for my appointment so I had a chat with him about my boobs (coz I've been so pleased with his work) and guess what? I've paid a deposit for a breast uplift on 19th Feb!!!

Hope you don't think I'm mad

Lou
x

Wow hun! I hate to say I told you so ;) - but it looks fab! :D Even with the dressings on you can really see a huge improvement. You must be ecstatic.

As for the boob lift - good for you hun. I'll be getting one at some point - hopefully in the very near future.

And if anyone thinks you're mad they need to mind their own business. You have the right to not feel like an old lady at this point in your life.

I don;t know about you but I'm so looking forward to a summer wardrobe for the first time in a decade. Woohoo!
xx

Wow I'm so pleased for you and as for the boobies I say good for you I've sent a friendship request so I can see your pics hope you don't mind, obviously it's of great interest to me seeing what I might look like next year. OMG I can't wait and I'd love a boob lift too, but can't see me getting one of those on the nhs and I def don't think I can afford one.

Thanks poppy and thanks for your reassurances over the last week - I really want to show you the full result minus dressings so look out for more pics on saturday

I know it's not perfect but I am really pleased and can't wait for this summer - i've got a place out in spain and can't wait to get out there and dive into a bikini - first time i'm going out there is easter which will be 4 months post tummy tuck and 7 weeks post boob job so am really looking forward to it. I'm also planning a tattoo in early march so that'll be it's first public airing as well.

Where are you thinking of having your breast surgery done? - if the tummy tuck is any indication I can highly recommend dr pros of harley medical group.

I went to see a surgeon at transform who told me i'd have to have an implant and he wouldn't do the uplift on its own. I wasn't 100% comfortable with that (foreign object in my body, only last about 10 years etc) so had a load of q's for Dr Pros but when we started talking and he examined me he thinks he can keep me a c cup just with the uplift and the pics he showed me were very reassuring so I decided to have the uplift and if they do feel a little small and i lose my cleavage I can always have an implant at another time. I don't feel a big desire to have huge breast just ones that aren't saggy so it definately feels like it's worth giving it a shot.

Hows this for a funny concern? I was thinking on the way home that I will prob lose about another 10/14lb early next year - suddenly started to think if i lose fat off my boobs he may not be able to get the results he's expecting - so having gone from wanting to lose as much as poss pre tt i'm now concerned that i don't lose too much pre breast lift - LOL what am I doing to myself.

It goes without saying that i will share the breast lift journey with you - pics etc and hopefully you will find it as useful as I have found your tummy tuck experience

Wow I'm so pleased for you and as for the boobies I say good for you I've sent a friendship request so I can see your pics hope you don't mind, obviously it's of great interest to me seeing what I might look like next year. OMG I can't wait and I'd love a boob lift too, but can't see me getting one of those on the nhs and I def don't think I can afford one.

have accepted your friend request so have a look and see what you think - i'm a few pounds heavier than my ideal weight and am still swollen so my waist will get smaller but i just feel so grateful to have got rid of the apron and i have no intention of putting on weight ever again and ruining it.

the surgeon i'm using for my breasts isn't the cheapest by a long way (it's going to cost me just under 5k - I got a 10% discount because of the tummy tuck) so I know what you mean about the cost but I've justified this to myself as i work hard, i don't have any dependents and to quote l-orreal "I'm worth it"

Have PMd you chick
xx

Lou I'm soooo pleased for you, and good luck with the breast uplift. I'm considering having implants in a couple of years to take me to a full C cup. My breasts aren't a problem area for me like my tum, it's just something i know would make me feel better.

Don't think you're mad at all, and i'm sure if we all had the money, we'd all have designer bodies hahaha

I'm off to have a peek at your piccies

x

Well yesterday was day 8 - another successful post op day

One of my friends popped around unannounced (much to my horror given that i haven't exactly been keeping the house tidy this last week or so) and I got the first unbaised opinion on my tummy tuck ie not the clinic or my own - and she is very impressed.

She can't comment on the scar, new belly button etc as the dressing is still on but she said she was impressed with how flat my belly was both in clothes in the compression garment and when i took the compression garment off.

She was amazed how mobile I was running up the stairs, bending to pick things up etc as she'd initially popped in to see if i needed anything. When she realised I was fine we just got into gossiping etc and before we knew it 8 hours had gone (think i may have been missing company over the last week or so - LOL)

Today I drove myself to the salon to have a pedicure and ended up telling the beautician all about it (I've known her for years and she knew me at my overweight self), showing off my new tummy and admitting to my boob lift - she was brilliant - so supportive and complimentary

It made me laff as it looks like I'm going to become one of those people who show off their tummy to all and sundry (whether they want to see it or not!!) and that's something I never thought I would do!!

The rest of the day is all about tidying the house. Tomorrow will be present wrapping and packing, then saturday is appt at the clinic to get the dressing removed, drive straight home to have a shower, then pack up the car and head to my parents - if i get a chance on saturday will upload some piccies of the scar

Hope you are all having a good day.

That's great Lou,

I hope you won't be flashing your new breasts quite so frequently, wouldn't want to see you on the news!! LOL

You seem to have had a really quick recovery, i'm amazed! Did you eat normally before the op and for how long? I'm ss again at the moment, i wanted to lose a little more before the op so that i don't gain too much while recovering.

I have my pre-op in 2 weeks and i'm not sure if i should stop before then. Any advice??

That's great Lou,

I hope you won't be flashing your new breasts quite so frequently, wouldn't want to see you on the news!! LOL

You seem to have had a really quick recovery, i'm amazed! Did you eat normally before the op and for how long? I'm ss again at the moment, i wanted to lose a little more before the op so that i don't gain too much while recovering.

I have my pre-op in 2 weeks and i'm not sure if i should stop before then. Any advice??

LOL on the breasts - I think I may have to be a bit more restrained after that op.

I'm also been amazed by my recovery but can't tell you how good i feel - I'm now 10 days post op and really do feel like I expected to feel 4 weeks post op - I hardly notice that I've had anything done when I move, walk, drive etc. and i carried the hoover upstairs yesterday with no problems at all

Re SSing I stopped doing it 2 weeks before the op - I think the advise is 4 weeks pre op. I then moved to a diet called go lower (high protein low carb - they deliver the food) for 12 days and the 2 days before the op I ate carbs so I wasn't in ketosis - the surgeon did say it didn't matter if i was in ketosis but i just felt better not being as i don't think it's a natural state. At the hosital just ate normally then on the friday so 3 days post op I went back to the go lower diet and have been on that ever since - although I've not lost any weight in the last 4 days which i suspect is just my body being in shock post the op.

I know that they encourage high protein diets post op as it helps recovery so not sure if that has had an impact on the fact that i've recovered so quickly but whatever it is I'm really grateful.

I'd definately check with your consultant about ssing though as I'm sure they don't encourage it prior to an op.

Thanks babe, I think I'll carry on for the next week and then switch to atkins for a week before my op. I realise i'll still be ketosed but at least I'll be getting protein.

I only want to lose a few more pounds anyway, my goal weight was 9st, and that's where I'm happy, i just want a little bit of a buffer so that I don't go too far over 9st.

Back