• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LOU1973: I'm back from my breast lift

Thanks for adding me. Your tummy looks great already. Looking forward to seeing more pics when the dressing is removed.

Hi all

About to head off to see the family for xmas but couldn't resist updating you on my appt this morning.

They have removed the big bulky dressing but they decided to leave the small dressing on until tuesday when I can remove it myself so still can't show you my scar and I still can't shower until Tuesday - arghh

Anyway have updated my piccies - you can get a better idea now the huge dressing has been removed - as you can see still quite swollen around the tummy area and it's pretty rock solid when I prod it which will go in time but generally delighted.

Have put up a pic of my new belly button as well.

Only thing I am disappointed in is the lipo above my waist - i think it's made a little difference but not a noticeable one and that area still wobbles when I move - once I'm recovered enough to exercise I'm off to the gym to see if I can sweat that off but if not looks like it'll just have to be one of those parts of my body i love to hate

Probably wont get much of a chance to post for the next week or so so wishing you a great xmas and new year

Lou
x

Hi, Lou. :)

I've just read through the whole of your thread. Really glad to hear you're recovering so well!

I wanted to comment and reassure you about the thigh lift op. I had a full tt and a medial thigh lift (where the incision is around the top of your inner thighs, near the groin - not the one where the scar is all the way down your leg!) on August 1st of this year. Although the thigh surgery didn't bring the dramatic results of my tt, aside from a small infection around 4/5 weeks post-op, i've had no complications at all. My thighs are by no means perfect-looking (i've always been cursed with fat thighs!), they now at least look 'normal', rather than the freakish wrinkley, saggy things they once were! The scars are healing well - they're still slightly red where they finish towards the back of my thighs (probably because that part's less easy to 'rest', and you get friction from sitting down), but the front and mid part has now healed so well that I can barely see the scars at all in places.

I was surprised at you having to get up for the loo post-op - did you not have a catheter in... or did you need, um, a 'number two'?! I hadn't actually considered the fact that i'd have a catheter, until I woke up from the op and realised it was there! I was bloomin' glad of it though - could barely move at all for the first twelve hours!

I'd love to see your pics, if you don't mind adding me as a friend. If you want to see mine, then PM me, and i'll send you the photobucket links. :)

Jo x

Lou your pics look great! Hope you had a great Christmas and by the time you have read this you will hopefully have enjoyed your first post-op shower.

My surgeon had me showering after a day (might be because they used glue and not stitches) but its funny how they all differ so much isn't it?

Looking forward to your latest update.

Love PP
xx

Hi, Lou. :)

I was surprised at you having to get up for the loo post-op - did you not have a catheter in... or did you need, um, a 'number two'?! I hadn't actually considered the fact that i'd have a catheter, until I woke up from the op and realised it was there! I was bloomin' glad of it though - could barely move at all for the first twelve hours!

I'd love to see your pics, if you don't mind adding me as a friend. If you want to see mine, then PM me, and i'll send you the photobucket links. :)

Jo x

Hey Jo - thanks for the info on the thigh lift - i've promised myself i'm off to the gym for 9 intensive months and if that doesn't make a different to my thighs i probably will go for the surgery.

Nope I didn't have a catheter in so have to get to the loo - turned out not to be too bad after the first couple of times.

will send you a friend request so you can see my pics

well I'm back after a fabulous xmas. Got so much to report tummy tuck wise.

firstly the most important bit - after i'd been home about 4 hours I confessed all to my parents and they were amazing - really interested and wanted to hear all about it (having said that they were pleased i told them after and not before). They were both amazed at how flexible i was and for the first 4 hours until i confessed had no idea that I'd had anything done (which i guess shows how quick my recovery has been considering that I was only 11 days post op).

I was able to play with my sisters kids and help out. I was tired for a lot of the week but that was kid rather than tt related (where do they get their energy)

On Tuesday the dressing finally came off and I could jump in the shower (bliss) and the scar really is as neat as I remembered. I've just taken some pics and will put them up shortly.

Lou

Your pics are amazing, Lou! What a transformation! You have an incredibly neat and straight scar - very impressive.

I've PMd you the links to my pics, so you'll now have some idea what the scar might look like five months post-op!

Interesting post about telling your parents. I almost didn't tell my mum at all, but she had been hassling me to visit her guest house in the summer hols, so I felt the need to be honest and tell her why I couldn't. So, whilst she was down at mine a couple of weeks before, I finally plucked up the courage, and also insisted that she see my stomach, so that she'd understand that it wasn't just me being 'vain'. Like your parents, my mum turned out to be very supportive of my decision.

Glad to hear you can now shower at will!!

Jo x

thanks so much for sharing your pics jo - your scar looks amazing 5 months post op - would be very happy if mine looks like that in april (my first holiday away) - did you use any particular cream or oils to help the scar?

can also see how much of a difference the op made to you pre and post - you must be so happy

by the way congrats on your weight lose and more importantly keeping it off - I've decided I want to lose another stone before 19th feb (breast lift date) and then my focus is on keeping it off (don't want to ruin the job he's done on my tummy). The surgeon was happy for me to lose a little post tt but said i should be at my ideal weight prior to the boob op or they would just become saggy again if i lost more fat from my boobs.

Yeeks thats 7 weeks to lose 14lb - doable but can't afford to mess around at it at all!!

thanks so much for sharing your pics jo - your scar looks amazing 5 months post op - would be very happy if mine looks like that in april (my first holiday away) - did you use any particular cream or oils to help the scar?

can also see how much of a difference the op made to you pre and post - you must be so happy

by the way congrats on your weight lose and more importantly keeping it off - I've decided I want to lose another stone before 19th feb (breast lift date) and then my focus is on keeping it off (don't want to ruin the job he's done on my tummy). The surgeon was happy for me to lose a little post tt but said i should be at my ideal weight prior to the boob op or they would just become saggy again if i lost more fat from my boobs.

Yeeks thats 7 weeks to lose 14lb - doable but can't afford to mess around at it at all!!

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss Lou. You've come this far so you know you can do it.
xx

You're welcome, Lou. :)

I am really happy with the scarring, and pleased I had it done! I wasn't so sure straight after the surgery, but am certainly glad about it now.

I've been really slack with the moisturising thing, to be honest! I bought some scar care serum from the Boots 'Expert' range a while ago (they don't appear to make it anymore!), but I only get around to applying it a couple ofg times a week.

Thank you for your comments on my weight loss and maintenance. :) It's not always easy to maintain, and I do fluctuate a little, at times, but i'm pretty confident now that it will stay off!

Good luck on losing that extra stone. You have a good motivator, so i'm sure you'll do it! Are you going for the implants aswell, or just the uplift?

Jo x

Are you going for the implants aswell, or just the uplift?

Jo x

just the uplift - we're going to see how they look after the uplift on it's own and if i'm not happy i might think about implants but i'd rather not - as long as I don't look flat chested and can get a bit of a cleavage I think I'll be happy (he thinks he might be able to get a c cup which would suit me fine) - of course it all depends on how much fat I lose off my boobs with the final stone weight lose but only time will tell

Hi all. Boots do still do the Expert Scar Serum. I bought some on 342 this week ! It's with their skincare stuff. I'd love to post pics of my op - 6 weeks now but I never seem to get access to do anything. Will keep trying ! Good luck to all ! Hils x

Hi all. Boots do still do the Expert Scar Serum. I bought some on 342 this week ! It's with their skincare stuff. I'd love to post pics of my op - 6 weeks now but I never seem to get access to do anything. Will keep trying ! Good luck to all ! Hils x

hi hils - you need 50 posts in order to be able to do quite a lot of things (if you want to get your posts up quickly try joining a couple of the double word, or word association threads - that ups the post level pretty quickly)

Hi everyone. I am in the same boat as hils. I have only joined the site this week and I have read this great thread from cover to cover and I would love to see the pic's but can't lol.....
Lou you are an insperation to us all, and you have actually stopped me this evening from the buscuit barrel amazing!
I am having my tt, lipo and breast uplift in two weeks after losing 7 stones.
At the moment I am having the argument with myself. You know the one, "Its ok you can eat that chocolate bar the surgeon will cut it all off in a couple of weeks"
Then "No Nic be good start as you mean to go on"
It is killing me, Helppppppppppppppppppp

Hi everyone. I am in the same boat as hils. I have only joined the site this week and I have read this great thread from cover to cover and I would love to see the pic's but can't lol.....
Lou you are an insperation to us all, and you have actually stopped me this evening from the buscuit barrel amazing!
I am having my tt, lipo and breast uplift in two weeks after losing 7 stones.
At the moment I am having the argument with myself. You know the one, "Its ok you can eat that chocolate bar the surgeon will cut it all off in a couple of weeks"
Then "No Nic be good start as you mean to go on"
It is killing me, Helppppppppppppppppppp

hey nic - start posting on the word association or double word thread - you'll find you've posted 50 in a couple of evenings - and it's a good distraction from the biscuit tin LOL

I'm so excited for you - would be really interested in your breast uplift because as you know I'll be having it in Feb.

As for the tummy tuck it's the best thing you'll ever do.

If you don't mind me blowing my own trumpet for a sec I'd love to share with you my day coz it's just been amazing (it was my first day back in the office after my tummy tuck which I had just under 4 weeks ago)

I tried on a skirt over the weekend that I never wore because my flabby tummy looked dreadful in it and post tt not only did it fit but it was a bit lose so I decided to wear it into work today - so I turned up in a tight skirt that sits just above the knee, shirt tucked in showing off my new flat tummy and waist and knee high stiletto boots (prob not sensible given the snow but hey ho).

The feedback I got from everyone was absolutely amazing - as soon as i walked in one of my very close friends sent me an email saying wow, a bit later I went into a meeting - i turned up 5 mins late and when i arrived this meeting of 6 men said that they'd spent the time whilst they were waiting for me discussing how amazing I looked and what a stunning outfit - they then made me stand up and give them a twirl (bear in mind I get on really well with these guys and they knew i'd be flattered by the comments not send them to HR), then I went out for a smoke and another of the guys complimented me - at least I hope "you look hot" is a compliment and not a suggestion that I'm going through the menopause!!, and the day ended with me being in the kitchen having a cup of tea when another guy cut short the phone conversation he was on to say "you look really slim" before carrying on his conversation. Other than the friend who sent the email first thing none of these people knew about the tt. I've been on cloud 9 all day.

I felt so good after work I went for a swim and wore a bikini, IN PUBLIC, without cowering behind a towel.

I'm so delighted that the tt has meant I can wear clothes that get that sort of reaction - if it had cost twice as much I would consider it worth it ;-)

I don't even know you and I feel soooo proud of you. I know that we are or have had this op because of the unsightly fat, but how amazing to get compliments from guys. I don't think I will know how to take it, I will still think that they are joking and laugh it off as usual.
As the bikini ans the tight skirt you go girl. A bikini is my dream.
The breast lift. I thought I might as well get the lot done at once, as I can't really afford to take more time off work, and my job is very physical as you can imagine.
The op takes place 24/01/2009, and am I looking forward to it? Oh yes bring it on. I think another reader had a good point, you know when you feel a blow out day with food coming on and there is not alot you can do about it besides wiring your mouth shut, well I know that after this op I will look in the mirror and actually like what I see and not want to ruin it. i can't afford to waste £11500.
I am off to the gym now I will be back on at lunch time. I have a class booked so I need to go to that. We can go through our boob lifts together!!1
Thanx for adding me xx

You truly are amazing, well done, you are so brave & it seems like your recovery have been remarkable, i to am booking to have a TT on 11th feb 09, i can't wait, your story have has been a great help in preparing me for my op, so many thanks. i'm new to this site how can i see your pics?
Once again well done.x

You truly are amazing, well done, you are so brave & it seems like your recovery have been remarkable, i to am booking to have a TT on 11th feb 09, i can't wait, your story have has been a great help in preparing me for my op, so many thanks. i'm new to this site how can i see your pics?
Once again well done.x

Hi bubbles - we need to be friends for you to see my pics - i've just sent you a friend request - you should then be able to see them in my album

Thanks for your comments. Today is exactly 4 weeks post op - in fact at this exact time 4 weeks ago they were carving me up. Oh which reminds me it must be time to put up some new photos - will do that today or tomorrow

After yesterdays swim was so successful I went to the gym today - did all the machines - treadmill, cross trainer, bike and even the rowing machine with no probs. Thought I might have problems on the rower but I was fine.

Very excited for you - roll on 11th feb - and any q's you've got just let me know - would be delighted to help in any way i can

Wow it sounds like you have been recovering soooo well. Well done you on all you have been able to do since your op, that is not bad at all as it has only been 4 weeks, fantastic stuff! xx

morning all

I have updated my pics now that I'm 4 weeks post op.

Really pleased with the scar and can really see a difference now the swelling has gone down.

My only area of not being 100% happy is above my belly button where there is still some lose skin as you can see - I have a cunning plan though - i'm hoping when i get my boobs done he might be able to tighten that skin at that point - no harm in asking the questions anyway

Back