• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Luton and dunstable wls... soon

Pain still with me 😢😢😢. Last weekend I had 2 days when it was easing ….. but it only lasted 2 days. Now back double fold ! I spoke to my team and they don’t think it’s anything to do with surgery but it has to be!! Not sure if I describe it well!! they told me if it gets really bad to go back to the hospital A&E where I had the op …. Or go my GP. Giving it a couple more days then I’m going to have to do something …. It’s not right and I need it sorting!
Hope your still doing well x
Oh my goodness I'm so sorry your still so uncomfortable......defo get yourself seen never feel silly or question yourself when it comes to your health, even if its just for the reassurance it will put your mind at rest. How many weeks post op are you now?? Do you have the pain when eating/drinking or more when you move??

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry your still so uncomfortable......defo get yourself seen never feel silly or question yourself when it comes to your health, even if its just for the reassurance it will put your mind at rest. How many weeks post op are you now?? Do you have the pain when eating/drinking or more when you move??
Six weeks out tomorrow!! Thought I would be running marathons by now!! No pain when eating or drinking and nothing while I am sat here now ….. but when or as I get up ….. ouch!! And while I’m walking! Takes your breath away!! I thought I had pulled something but it would have eased by now if I had 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ I’m worried that if I go my GP she might think it’s self inflicted !! Was soooo hoping it would have eased by now and I wouldn’t have to! I have never popped so many painkillers in my life as I have this last few weeks!

So pleased you doing well with with the LRD.....all good here too. Its my weigh day tomorrow so going to be nice to see how much I'm managed to lose this week 😬.

I've got my pre op on Tuesday this week, I'm yet to receive a time slot for my covid test so I'll check with them Tuesday to find out when I need to go along as I know you can just walk in apparently. Would hate for my result to not be back on time 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Talking of school runs and self isolating my youngest came out with chicken pox yesterday.....I'm sure it won't affect anything but I will need to run that past them too 🤪
Oh no sorry to hear little one has chicken pox, it must be distressing from them as well as you. The covid test people will call you within 72hours before your surgery. The won’t book an appointment before, the lady said they don’t get the surgery list more than 3 days before the surgery.
Good luck with the weight in. I lost only 6lbs on the milk diet I’ve been doing it for 2 weeks now, I thought I would have lost more, but a lost is a lost 😊

Six weeks out tomorrow!! Thought I would be running marathons by now!! No pain when eating or drinking and nothing while I am sat here now ….. but when or as I get up ….. ouch!! And while I’m walking! Takes your breath away!! I thought I had pulled something but it would have eased by now if I had 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ I’m worried that if I go my GP she might think it’s self inflicted !! Was soooo hoping it would have eased by now and I wouldn’t have to! I have never popped so many painkillers in my life as I have this last few weeks!
Sorry your still having discomfort. It just take time for your body to heal, take your time and if your still in pain go to the GP for pain relief. Plus GP would be happy to hear that your mobilising by walking around that helps speed up recovery and also prevents dvt. Please don’t suffer in silence. Wishing you more speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹.
What kind of food are you eating now

Sorry your still having discomfort. It just take time for your body to heal, take your time and if your still in pain go to the GP for pain relief. Plus GP would be happy to hear that your mobilising by walking around that helps speed up recovery and also prevents dvt. Please don’t suffer in silence. Wishing you more speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹.
What kind of food are you eating now
Tomorrows job is try and get an appointment xx. Tomorrow I’m 6 weeks out so can have fork Mashable …. Though I did have Cottage Pie today with soft broccoli and carrots! Having weetabix most days for breakfast or a banana and soup for lunch …. Just little portions! scales are not moving much …. Probably because I’m not getting much exercise 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Oh no sorry to hear little one has chicken pox, it must be distressing from them as well as you. The covid test people will call you within 72hours before your surgery. The won’t book an appointment before, the lady said they don’t get the surgery list more than 3 days before the surgery.
Good luck with the weight in. I lost only 6lbs on the milk diet I’ve been doing it for 2 weeks now, I thought I would have lost more, but a lost is a lost 😊
Hi ladies....been thinking of you @Cheshire Cat fingers crossed you managed to get yourself an appointment bless you.

Also want to pop on and wish you @SM10 the best of luck for tomorrow will be thinking of you.... keep us all posted on how you get on 😊.

Pre op went well yesterday another step closer to op date 😬...... I think I need to start packing myself a bag not that I'm putting it off!!! 🤪 x

Hi ladies....been thinking of you @Cheshire Cat fingers crossed you managed to get yourself an appointment bless you.

Also want to pop on and wish you @SM10 the best of luck for tomorrow will be thinking of you.... keep us all posted on how you get on 😊.

Pre op went well yesterday another step closer to op date 😬...... I think I need to start packing myself a bag not that I'm putting it off!!! 🤪 x

Thanks @Shelley537 i had my op on Wednesday. But I havnt been recovering aswell as I wanted to. Ive been struggling to keep any fluids down, I keep vomiting bile…yuk even when I don’t drink, the anti sickness and pain relief made me extremely drowsy. Thankfully I’m home today.

Thanks @Shelley537 i had my op on Wednesday. But I havnt been recovering aswell as I wanted to. Ive been struggling to keep any fluids down, I keep vomiting bile…yuk even when I don’t drink, the anti sickness and pain relief made me extremely drowsy. Thankfully I’m home today.
Aww @SM10 I'm sorry to hear you have had such a rough couple of days.....I really hope that now your home you can relax a little more and thing will settle down for you.
Was this the first time you had been under general anesthetic??

Hope you are feeling a bit better now you are home xx Just take tiny little sips of water …… and I have read somewhere that sugar free ice lollies and ice pops are a good way to get fluids in so that might be worth a try. Just go nice and slowly …. Your team will be checking in with you to make sure you are doing ok. Ive got my fingers crossed for you xx. Hopefully now your home you will be able to sleep better and just take it easy xx I’m doing fine here … pain free and ready to take the world on 💪💪💪

Hope you are feeling a bit better now you are home xx Just take tiny little sips of water …… and I have read somewhere that sugar free ice lollies and ice pops are a good way to get fluids in so that might be worth a try. Just go nice and slowly …. Your team will be checking in with you to make sure you are doing ok. Ive got my fingers crossed for you xx. Hopefully now your home you will be able to sleep better and just take it easy xx I’m doing fine here … pain free and ready to take the world on 💪💪💪
I'm so pleased you're all up and running now 😊 I know that first month is always particularly hard one.....I don't think any research and knowing the mental crash is going to happen is going to make it any easier to deal with 😬. I'll just have to remind myself....... "this too shall pass" x
@Cheshire Cat How's the weightloss coming along?? X

I'm so pleased you're all up and running now 😊 I know that first month is always particularly hard one.....I don't think any research and knowing the mental crash is going to happen is going to make it any easier to deal with 😬. I'll just have to remind myself....... "this too shall pass" x
@Cheshire Cat How's the weightloss coming along?? X

hi Shelley …. Weight loss has started moving now …. Which I’m very pleased about! I was getting worried when it wasn’t but I was in pain and couldn’t move much without it hurting so I wasn’t burning any energy!! Now I’m pain free I’m getting out and about and the last 2 days I have got out walking 😋😋😋😋😋.…. So hopefully tomorrow when I get on the scales I will see a difference! Since surgery day i was 1stone 8lb down on Wednesday….. hopefully tomorrow i can add another pound to that!! I agree the first few weeks are tough ….. but once everything settles down is all going to a breeze xx. I’m ready to take on the world now xx

@Cheshire Cat How's the weightloss
Thanks Cheshire Cat. I’m feeling so much better. I’ve been drinking ‘cup a soups’ but they don’t have enough protein 😂. Thanks for the advised, I’m going to get some sugar free ice pops later. How are you doing?

hi Shelley …. Weight loss has started moving now …. Which I’m very pleased about! I was getting worried when it wasn’t but I was in pain and couldn’t move much without it hurting so I wasn’t burning any energy!! Now I’m pain free I’m getting out and about and the last 2 days I have got out walking 😋😋😋😋😋.…. So hopefully tomorrow when I get on the scales I will see a difference! Since surgery day i was 1stone 8lb down on Wednesday….. hopefully tomorrow i can add another pound to that!! I agree the first few weeks are tough ….. but once everything settles down is all going to a breeze xx. I’m ready to take on the world now xx
👏🏻👏🏻 that's a great loss so far well done. Aww do keep us posted it will be good to keep up with your journey x

Shelley537 not long now!! Only 2 days to go. I’m so excited for you 😃
......😬
I know count down is on!!!! got to be there at 11 on Wednesday.....I received my prescription for pre op meds through the post today (talk about leaving it to the wire 🤦🏻‍♀️)......long story short at my pre op the prescription she had for me was out of date 🤷🏻‍♀️ so she had to get a new one written and to save me hanging around they posted it to me. So I'm off out to pick up them up in a bit. When I have them in hand l'm sure things will feel that little more real!!!!!
How are you feeling in yourself now?? I hope your sickness has settled down now x

......😬
I know count down is on!!!! got to be there at 11 on Wednesday.....I received my prescription for pre op meds through the post today (talk about leaving it to the wire 🤦🏻‍♀️)......long story short at my pre op the prescription she had for me was out of date 🤷🏻‍♀️ so she had to get a new one written and to save me hanging around they posted it to me. So I'm off out to pick up them up in a bit. When I have them in hand l'm sure things will feel that little more real!!!!!
How are you feeling in yourself now?? I hope your sickness has settled down now x
🙂🙂 excitement 11am, I can’t wait for you to have yours on Wednesday. Pre Op Meds makes it feel so real and so close. I hope it all goes well.. Sickness is so much better: I literally woke up today and felt on top of the world, no pain except when drinking, but apart from that I’m forcing myself to walk little bits at a time.

🙂🙂 excitement 11am, I can’t wait for you to have yours on Wednesday. Pre Op Meds makes it feel so real and so close. I hope it all goes well.. Sickness is so much better: I literally woke up today and felt on top of the world, no pain except when drinking, but apart from that I’m forcing myself to walk little bits at a time.
That's so good to hear, plain sailing from here on out for you now then fingers crossed 😊.
The other half has got the week booked off so haven't to to worry about the school runs for bit but like you say moving around is defo going to help the recovery. Talking of meds........ I've got my sister on stand by just incase I can't bring myself to do the injection tonight 😂🤦🏻‍♀️.

BARITASTIC app!! Do you guys now about this app. I was researching app to get after Bariatric surgery, I came across this app it’s amazing!! And easy to use. You can log your weight journey, food diary (its even give you receipes that are high it protien, it got Facebook group you can access for more sommunity support, you can add photos to compare. My favourite, you can add timers for everything timers for when to drink water, when to take vitamins etc…. It’s literally the best app I’ve come across and it’s all free!! Before to do all this is have like 3 separate apps and it was so annoying but this has everything all in one.

Back