• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Luton and dunstable wls... soon

Hello
I'm on the other side !!! Just about to be discharged. All went well, very sore, but up and about baby steps. Surgery 3 hours, been sipping water, taking in 200 ml of milk. Have had great care. Just waiting for my husband to pick me up for the long drive back to Norfolk. Can't wait to get home and get started on , new me! Thanks again for all your support on her, I will keep you updated how I get on. Congratulations 5 stone weight loss , wow that's fantastic! Xxx

Ahh good glad out the other side now !! All go now !! Take it easy and rest up while you can! When your energy levels improve you can't stop 🤣 xxx and thank you xx

Hello
I'm on the other side !!! Just about to be discharged. All went well, very sore, but up and about baby steps. Surgery 3 hours, been sipping water, taking in 200 ml of milk. Have had great care. Just waiting for my husband to pick me up for the long drive back to Norfolk. Can't wait to get home and get started on , new me! Thanks again for all your support on her, I will keep you updated how I get on. Congratulations 5 stone weight loss , wow that's fantastic! Xxx
Welcome to the losers benc, hope hubby took a pillow for your tummy on the journey home, I should have remembered to say that much sooner….I’m sorry…good luck with everything xx

Hello
💃💃💃💃💃 all dance and celebration for you!

Welcome to the losers benc, hope hubby took a pillow for your tummy on the journey home, I should have remembered to say that much sooner….I’m sorry…good luck with everything xx
Ahh thankyou, he did bring pillows bless him, thankgoodness !!!! Will keep posting my journey. Xxx

Morning......i hope everyone I getting on OK and healing well for those that haven't long had their surgery.
I have a date for my op!!!!!!
9/3/2022 😬 3 weeks today.
I'll be starting my LDR next week and go along for my pre op on the 1st of March.
Could anyone fill me in on what to expect at the pre op??

Oh wow , how exciting for you. At my pre op at UCLh they took my bloods, and checked my heart, on a monitor, took weight, height and then asked loads of questions re past ops, medical history, what to expect post op, the meds I'll be taking after, my assessment took me about 3 hours. Very excited for you, small tip when you leave hospital you have to wear compression stockings for 6 weeks , they only gave me 1 pair ask for two as mine are getting washed on a daily basis !!!! You'll be fantastic, I don't regret one little bit of the entire experience. I'm 13 days Post op and doing really well, still loosing, pain is minimal, I'm back to work , very light duties, and slowly building up strength. Good luck, keep us posted !! Xxx

Oh wow , how exciting for you. At my pre op at UCLh they took my bloods, and checked my heart, on a monitor, took weight, height and then asked loads of questions re past ops, medical history, what to expect post op, the meds I'll be taking after, my assessment took me about 3 hours. Very excited for you, small tip when you leave hospital you have to wear compression stockings for 6 weeks , they only gave me 1 pair ask for two as mine are getting washed on a daily basis !!!! You'll be fantastic, I don't regret one little bit of the entire experience. I'm 13 days Post op and doing really well, still loosing, pain is minimal, I'm back to work , very light duties, and slowly building up strength. Good luck, keep us posted !! Xxx
That’s amazing congratulations! X

That's great thanks for all the info...... I'll be prepared for a lengthy appointment then 😊.
I'm so pleased you're doing well that's really good to hear.
I'll defo keep you all posted on how I'm getting on 👍🏻 x

Morning......i hope everyone I getting on OK and healing well for those that haven't long had their surgery.
I have a date for my op!!!!!!
9/3/2022 😬 3 weeks today.
I'll be starting my LDR next week and go along for my pre op on the 1st of March.
Could anyone fill me in on what to expect at the pre op??
CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING YOUR DATE💃. I had my pre op at Luton last week. They give you a pre op assessment form to full out ( it’s all tick boxes) it’s about any pass medical history, they checked my weight, blood pressure, did an ECG (look at the heart), did some bloods, went over the procedure of will happen on the day, gave me information sheet on what to have after surgery and for how long (post surgery diet details) and that was it. I’m so excited for us, I’m also on the milk diet currently, how are you finding it?

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING YOUR DATE💃. I had my pre op at Luton last week. They give you a pre op assessment form to full out ( it’s all tick boxes) it’s about any pass medical history, they checked my weight, blood pressure, did an ECG (look at the heart), did some bloods, went over the procedure of will happen on the day, gave me information sheet on what to have after surgery and for how long (post surgery diet details) and that was it. I’m so excited for us, I’m also on the milk diet currently, how are you finding it?
Aww thats great thankyou.
The nerves haven't really kicked in yet!!!
I start my LRD this coming Tuesday.....I really don't mind the milk Diet, back when I first started this journey I had to do it for 4 weeks and I actually really enjoyed it 🤪🤣. It takes away all the planning and thinking about what to eat, plus I love milk too so that helps 😊.
Did you have to do the 4 week one too??
How are you finding the milk do far??

Aww thats great thankyou.
The nerves haven't really kicked in yet!!!
I start my LRD this coming Tuesday.....I really don't mind the milk Diet, back when I first started this journey I had to do it for 4 weeks and I actually really enjoyed it 🤪🤣. It takes away all the planning and thinking about what to eat, plus I love milk too so that helps 😊.
Did you have to do the 4 week one too??
How are you finding the milk do far??
🤣 I had to do it for 4 weeks too when I started. I’m only on it for 2 weeks this time. It’s not so bad the milk diet, but I do find it hard because I have an 8 year old and 5 year old so I still have to do a lot of cooking for them so I’m constantly smelling food and they constantly offering it 😂. I just have to say sorry but mummy can’t eat that, I’m having my special milkshake 😂.
, I’m so nervous, anxious but excited at the same time. I’m so desperate to be on the loser bench.

Oh yeh I forgot at the pre op they will give you your prescription for you preop meds (if your at L&D you have to collect it from the hospital pharmacy) and a mini sharps bin. And at the pre op they will tell you if your a “day case” or “overnight stay”.
Day case: You have the surgery early in the morning and gets discharged the same day.
Overnight; They plan to keep you in overnight after the surgery.

🤣 I had to do it for 4 weeks too when I started. I’m only on it for 2 weeks this time. It’s not so bad the milk diet, but I do find it hard because I have an 8 year old and 5 year old so I still have to do a lot of cooking for them so I’m constantly smelling food and they constantly offering it 😂. I just have to say sorry but mummy can’t eat that, I’m having my special milkshake 😂.
, I’m so nervous, anxious but excited at the same time. I’m so desperate to be on the loser bench.

Oh yeh I forgot at the pre op they will give you your prescription for you preop meds (if your at L&D you have to collect it from the hospital pharmacy) and a mini sharps bin. And at the pre op they will tell you if your a “day case” or “overnight stay”.
Day case: You have the surgery early in the morning and gets discharged the same day.
Oh gosh yeah I feel you with that one, preparing food for the family as well as their constant snacking is a test of anyone's will power.....my little food monsters are 11, 8 and 5 🤪🤣.
This has been a very long time coming for me I have run away from 2 op dates in the past one back in Oct 2019 and then Jan 2020 I was just too scared 🤦🏻‍♀️ along with mentally having to deal with a diagnosis of Lipoedema. I had to get my head around that and the fact surgery could make little to no effect on the size of my legs 🙄.

Fast forward 2 years and here I am still stuck at the same weight!! So I know I've defo got to pull up my big girl pants and go for it this time I've given myself too many chances.

Yep I'm at Luton too I've got to be at the hospital for 11am . Thankyou so much for all the info its not only useful for me but for all that come across this lovely site while trawling the Internet researching all about the very journey we are on at the moment 😊 x

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis of lipoedeama, the surgery may have a good effect on your legs, also just think of all the other health benefits you will get from it and also I’m constantly watching “my 600lbs life” on YouTube and a lot of the people with similar condition improved after having the surgery and losing the weight.

Well done for taking charge this time round. It’s hard sometimes, but mentally we are our own demons and it’s like your constantly fighting a battle with yourself. But taking this next step to help better yourself and health is a winning and just remember there is a whole community of us to support each other. We may all not be the same, but we are all on the same boat, riding the waves on the same sea 😉.

p.s I thought my little ones was the only good monsters 😂 they eat like 11 times a day 😂. Literally immediately after a meal they want a snack! And I’m sitting here with my boring semi skimmed milk sipping 👀.

Hey…. I had my first app on Friday I was there all day and saw 5 different people. They have advised a gastric sleeve. I was slightly disappointed as they said I’d only lose about 30kg and I want to do double that. How have other people found it? Xx

Have you tried my top milk diet tip….a chicken stock cube in hot milk, just like a runny chicken soup, really nice, I also made my jelly with milk I found it much more enjoyable, I was also at Luton back in 2018. So excited for you both x

Hey…. I had my first app on Friday I was there all day and saw 5 different people. They have advised a gastric sleeve. I was slightly disappointed as they said I’d only lose about 30kg and I want to do double that. How have other people found it? Xx
Thats the first appointment done.....You're well and truly on your way now👏🏻 😊.
Aww don't be disappointed we are all different and I'm sure with hard work, dedication and the use of you soon to be new tool you can achieve any goal you put your mind too 😊 x
I'm still in the pre op stage (I'll be having the bypass) so can't give any personal experience on the sleeve unfortunately but there are lots of different threads on here that are full of very useful information x

Have you tried my top milk diet tip….a chicken stock cube in hot milk, just like a runny chicken soup, really nice, I also made my jelly with milk I found it much more enjoyable, I was also at Luton back in 2018. So excited for you both x
That's one thing I've not tried yet Bling but I'll defo give it a try next week for sure 😊 x

Back