• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Luton and dunstable wls... soon

Hpa91

Hi yes not too bad thank you. I seem to have got my cycle back with a vengeance too! Might call them tomorrow just to see if this is normal as I never get them like this, if any at all. I have Polycystic ovaries so this is a bit strange for me xxx

Cheshire Cat

I feel for you with that! But is that the only downside so far? I have my Pre-Op today 😱😱 ….. and been given surgery date as 17th Jan …. It’s been a long time coming! Just hoping that Covid doesn’t put a spanner in the works for me …… Again!!

SM10

I feel for you with that! But is that the only downside so far? I have my Pre-Op today 😱😱 ….. and been given surgery date as 17th Jan …. It’s been a long time coming! Just hoping that Covid doesn’t put a spanner in the works for me …… Again!!
Hi Cheshire Cat,

how was your surgery? Hope your recovering well. Pre and post op tips you and Hpa19 can give me would be much appreciated. I’m so nervous and anxious waiting for my date. I’m happy for both of you, so close to your goals :)

Hpa91

Hi how are you doing cx

SM10

Hi SM10, yes I'm very good thank you so I've lost 63 lbs so far. Feeling great to be honest!
WOW 63lbs!!! OMDZ that’s amazing! Congratulations and well done cause I know it much be hard work, but totally worth it and it shows in your success rate!! Keep up the good work!! Preop and post op tips?

Hpa91

Thank you. Ermm pre op just make sure you have plenty to drink for everytime you feel hungry and get some stuff ready for post op. Ie sanitary towels, lots of different soups. Angel delight sugar free, a sieve. And take it easy after surgery !! Xx

SM10

Thank you. Ermm pre op just make sure you have plenty to drink for everytime you feel hungry and get some stuff ready for post op. Ie sanitary towels, lots of different soups. Angel delight sugar free, a sieve. And take it easy after surgery !! Xx
Thank you :) I’m so excited, can’t wait for my turn. How long did it take you to recover from surgery, ie pain, driving, going back to work etc. I also have paso and havnt had a period in years. I saw on your post that’s your has come back post surgery is that normal?

Hpa91

Well I sometimes forget that I've had the surgery now 😅 that's how much it doesn't affect me and I've got used to the restriction some days restriction is tighter than other days. Also had my second period finished a couple of days ago. Not sure if ots normal or not but mine seem the be lasting 11 or so days but I dont have post op appointment untill 14yh Feb... when is your surgery? Pain wise i would say after 2or3 weeks I didn't take any pains meds. The most painful was standing up straight and getting in and put of bed i would say. And as for driving I think I drove at 10days po xxxx

Cheshire Cat

Hey up!! I’m doing well thanks 😋😋 10 days post op and doing just fine!! Op went well… no problems so I was allowed home next day. Tried to chill as much as possible…. But I’m not very good at it! Constantly sipping water as instructed ….. and my diet is just milk and sieved soups …. But I’m coping really well that ……. And since op date I’ve lost almost a stone which is amazing!! It’s just the beginning of the journey for both us! We can do it xx

Hpa91

Hey up!! I’m doing well thanks 😋😋 10 days post op and doing just fine!! Op went well… no problems so I was allowed home next day. Tried to chill as much as possible…. But I’m not very good at it! Constantly sipping water as instructed ….. and my diet is just milk and sieved soups …. But I’m coping really well that ……. And since op date I’ve lost almost a stone which is amazing!! It’s just the beginning of the journey for both us! We can do it xx
Ahh good glad you are doing well!! Yes it's very exciting isn't it? How's your pain xx

Goodmack

Congratulations 🎉 to you, you sound as though your doing really well and fab weight loss . I have my gastric bypass surgery on 3 rd Feb, at UCLh , I'm soo nervous, but trying to remain calm. I'm looking forward to my new me , however just anxious about it all and what to expect. I've read so much, probably too much ! I will keep you posted how it goes next week, huge congratulations to you.

Goodmack

Thankyou. I'm hoping it all goes ok. Fingers crossed. I really want to be the 7 weeks down the line now !!!! Just a quick question, does the nausea go away after the surgery, or is this something that stay with the you forever !!? Just something that's been niggling me and I'm thinking about , it's crazy what's going on in my head !!! Excited and fearful!

Cheshire Cat

I haven’t really got any pain at all 😋😋. Only time I feel anything at all is when I try and get comfortable at night. If you try and sleep on your side you feel discomfort…. Not really pain …. But makes it that you can’t sleep on your side…. Which for me is an utter pain! I have no nausea at all. When in hospital I did once think that I was going to be sick, but it passed and hasn’t returned! I think everyone is different. Try not to think about the problems that might happen …. Be positive and embrace what can be!! Let the positive thoughts flow xx

SM10

Got my letter this morning my OP is booked! 3rd March at L&D! WHAT?! I’m so excited and nervous at the same time!!! Fingers cross 🤞🏾!!! Can’t wait to be on on loser bench. P.S I really happy to here you both recovering well from surgery :)

SM10

Well I sometimes forget that I've had the surgery now 😅 that's how much it doesn't affect me and I've got used to the restriction some days restriction is tighter than other days. Also had my second period finished a couple of days ago. Not sure if ots normal or not but mine seem the be lasting 11 or so days but I dont have post op appointment untill 14yh Feb... when is your surgery? Pain wise i would say after 2or3 weeks I didn't take any pains meds. The most painful was standing up straight and getting in and put of bed i would say. And as for driving I think I drove at 10days po xxxx
GOT MY LETTER TODAY!! 03.03.22 SOOO EXCITED