• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Luton and dunstable wls... soon

Luazai

Hi ladies....been thinking of you @Cheshire Cat fingers crossed you managed to get yourself an appointment bless you.

Also want to pop on and wish you @SM10 the best of luck for tomorrow will be thinking of you.... keep us all posted on how you get on ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Pre op went well yesterday another step closer to op date ๐Ÿ˜ฌ...... I think I need to start packing myself a bag not that I'm putting it off!!! ๐Ÿคช x
Thatโ€™s exciting x

Luazai

BARITASTIC app!! Do you guys now about this app. I was researching app to get after Bariatric surgery, I came across this app itโ€™s amazing!! And easy to use. You can log your weight journey, food diary (its even give you receipes that are high it protien, it got Facebook group you can access for more sommunity support, you can add photos to compare. My favourite, you can add timers for everything timers for when to drink water, when to take vitamins etcโ€ฆ. Itโ€™s literally the best app Iโ€™ve come across and itโ€™s all free!! Before to do all this is have like 3 separate apps and it was so annoying but this has everything all in one.
Oooh Iโ€™m going to download in preparation. Thank you x

Bling Babe

I tried it but couldnโ€™t get on with it, I stick with MyFitnessPal and change the macros in my setting. But we are all different and get on with different things so enjoy x

Shelley537

Shelley537 GOODLUCK FOR TODAY!!!!!
Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป I'm here and on the other side to tell the story ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป.
Thankyou so much for your message I've had so many messages and phone calls to reply to I have only just had chance to get on here to reply to you guys.
All went well I'm 2 days out now and got home last night around 7.30, the team and hospital were amazing couldn't have asked for better care. I've had no sickness and I've tolerated everything that I've tried so far all bit it milk, oxo and peppermint tea ๐Ÿ˜ฌ may try a bit of a thinned out protein yoghurt this evening. Suffering a bit of discomfort and gas pain but that will soon pass and that's it really so I feel very lucky that it seems to be a smooth ride at the mo.
I hope you guys are all getting on well x

SM10

Thankyou so much for your message I've had so many messages and phone calls to reply to I have only just had chance to get on here to reply to you guys.
All went well I'm 2 days out now and got home last night around 7.30, the team and hospital were amazing couldn't have asked for better care. I've had no sickness and I've tolerated everything that I've tried so far all bit it milk, oxo and peppermint tea ๐Ÿ˜ฌ may try a bit of a thinned out protein yoghurt this evening. Suffering a bit of discomfort and gas pain but that will soon pass and that's it really so I feel very lucky that it seems to be a smooth ride at the mo.
YEAH!!!!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ Iโ€™m so happy for you. Just take it easy and rest as much as you can!!

Bling Babe

Welcome to the losers bench x

SM10

liquid stage post op diet. Any tips please on what I can drink. Iโ€™m so bored of Cupa soups. I e tried protein shakes, but yuk do not like the taste ๐Ÿ˜‚, and Iโ€™ve also tried slim fast but some reasons they give me diarrhoea, so Iโ€™m stuck at cieved Cupa soups! Since havnt the op anything with dairy gives me the runs, so I feel very kitties currently!!!

Shelley537

liquid stage post op diet. Any tips please on what I can drink. Iโ€™m so bored of Cupa soups. I e tried protein shakes, but yuk do not like the taste ๐Ÿ˜‚, and Iโ€™ve also tried slim fast but some reasons they give me diarrhoea, so Iโ€™m stuck at cieved Cupa soups! Since havnt the op anything with dairy gives me the runs, so I feel very kitties currently!!!
They do say that can happen maybe leave it a while and try the dairy again in a couple of weeks......have you tried soy milk and peanut butter protein shake with a little bit of banana to sweeten it x

Shelley537

Ps.... did anyone else fine the morphine patch they put on you after surgery completely zonks you out......I've never been so tired counting down the days until I can take it off ๐Ÿคฃ x

SM10

Ps.... did anyone else fine the morphine patch they put on you after surgery completely zonks you out......I've never been so tired counting down the days until I can take it off ๐Ÿคฃ x
Thanks, I definitely going to try the soy milk with peanut butter and butter. Something so simple but I didnโ€™t think of it. I was allergic to the patch they had to take if of the next day, I was sooo drowsy with the patch, turns out I was allergic to it, ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™ve got a patch shape burnt mark on my chest where my skin reacted to it ๐Ÿ˜‚. Iโ€™ve got codiene phosphate and paracetamol instead.

SM10

Hey Guys, how is everyone doing? We have all gone abit silent. Iโ€™m 3weeks+ post op, doing abit better. Minimal side effects, very burpy and belchy, canโ€™t drink cold water, I can now manage 3oz of soup or bake beans, still canโ€™t tolerate dairy or the protein shakes. Minimal discomfort after eating still. Wounds have all healed nicely. Can people recommend a chewable multivitamin, I currently take centrum chewable, but OMDZ they taste soo sweet now ๐Ÿ˜‚. Hope you all okay ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ! Just give an update. Iโ€™m also -16lbs post op. Also what is everyone eating 3weeks/4 weeks post op?

Shelley537

Hey Guys, how is everyone doing? We have all gone abit silent. Iโ€™m 3weeks+ post op, doing abit better. Minimal side effects, very burpy and belchy, canโ€™t drink cold water, I can now manage 3oz of soup or bake beans, still canโ€™t tolerate dairy or the protein shakes. Minimal discomfort after eating still. Wounds have all healed nicely. Can people recommend a chewable multivitamin, I currently take centrum chewable, but OMDZ they taste soo sweet now ๐Ÿ˜‚. Hope you all okay ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ! Just give an update. Iโ€™m also -16lbs post op. Also what is everyone eating 3weeks/4 weeks post op?
Hey....๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป its so good to hear from you I'm so pleased you seem to have settled into your new normal although a little sad your still having a bit of trouble with the dairy... fingers crossed with time that will hopefully settle down.......have you managed find any high protein dairy alternatives that are working for you??
CONGRATULATIONS ๐ŸŽŠ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป on your weightloss too that's amazing I bet your so pleased.
As far as vitamin go i can't recommend and chewable ones I'm afraid I've just been taking my normal one......Asda a-z multivitamin and minerals, I know they don't recommend own brand but I know I tolerated these well before surgery and vitamin can be a bit funny on normal tummies so I'll see how I go!!!! Im not brave enough to swallow tablets whole yet ๐Ÿ˜ฌ so I've been crushing them up along with the iron and extra biotin and mixing with with a pit of protein yoghurt. The centrum chewable didn't agree with me, they actually made me dump I got very fast heart beat and just felt super zonked but like you say I think it maybe because they are so sweet!!!

I'm 2 weeks 3 days Post op now and I'm doing really well I'm so so greatful for my smooth ride so far ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป. My wounds have also healed really well they are so neat I'm just left with little faint pink lines.......not that that matters I'm not one for flashing my tummy at the best of of times ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. I moved onto pureed this week which was a little daunting at first after so long with no proper food but I've had no discomfort after eating which is great. I've had some light scrambled egg with cheese, weetabix, tuna mixed with cottage cheese (don't knock it until you've tried it ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚). I'm doing a "low fat" roast today so going to mash/blend a little of that up and give it a go too. Aswell as that little bit of real food I've also been having just the normal shakes, milk ect. So I've not really experimented much yet, its just such a surreal feeling being so full on so little it's amazing!!!!! X

SM10

Hey....๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป its so good to hear from you I'm so pleased you seem to have settled into your new normal although a little sad your still having a bit of trouble with the dairy... fingers crossed with time that will hopefully settle down.......have you managed find any high protein dairy alternatives that are working for you??
CONGRATULATIONS ๐ŸŽŠ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป on your weightloss too that's amazing I bet your so pleased.
As far as vitamin go i can't recommend and chewable ones I'm afraid I've just been taking my normal one......Asda a-z multivitamin and minerals, I know they don't recommend own brand but I know I tolerated these well before surgery and vitamin can be a bit funny on normal tummies so I'll see how I go!!!! Im not brave enough to swallow tablets whole yet ๐Ÿ˜ฌ so I've been crushing them up along with the iron and extra biotin and mixing with with a pit of protein yoghurt. The centrum chewable didn't agree with me, they actually made me dump I got very fast heart beat and just felt super zonked but like you say I think it maybe because they are so sweet!!!

I'm 2 weeks 3 days Post op now and I'm doing really well I'm so so greatful for my smooth ride so far ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป. My wounds have also healed really well they are so neat I'm just left with little faint pink lines.......not that that matters I'm not one for flashing my tummy at the best of of times ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. I moved onto pureed this week which was a little daunting at first after so long with no proper food but I've had no discomfort after eating which is great. I've had some light scrambled egg with cheese, weetabix, tuna mixed with cottage cheese (don't knock it until you've tried it ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚). I'm doing a "low fat" roast today so going to mash/blend a little of that up and give it a go too. Aswell as that little bit of real food I've also been having just the normal shakes, milk ect. So I've not really experimented much yet, its just such a surreal feeling being so full on so little it's amazing!!!!! X
Hey Shelley537,

So nice to hear from you. Iโ€™m really happy to hear you have settled with your diet and is managing purรฉe, it such a breath of fresh air from liquids ๐Ÿ˜‚. So far Iโ€™m still trying various protien powder but I just canโ€™t manage them, even the none flavour ones has a slight after taste to it, plus they are so pricey. I might try your idea of tuna with cottage cheese tomorrow. Tonight dinner is 1 scrambled egg. I canโ€™t live on bake beans forever๐Ÿ˜‚.

How are you managing with portion size? My brain keeps telling me I can eat normal portion, so I have weigh out everything.

im super happy about my weight loss so far I canโ€™t believe I lost so much already? Have you weighted yourself at all yet?