• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Made it Back sort of Alive

Matt76

Well what can i say, hmm everything i realy want to say would prob not be allowed, what i can tell u is that the op went ok and i feel like hell, haveing some major problems breating as all along my left side hurts like hell, someone please remind me why i did this lol.

not had much to eat today as i went for some steamed fished earlier along with some mshed up carrot and something else that i couldnt quite tell what it was, that went down ok and tasted ok.

the only issue is when i cough talk about splitting me down the middle god it hurts.
should be able to get painkillers for that tomm, well it better b tomm lol. not usre what to say at the min as side/ribs are hurting too much.

Matthew

Aw Matt, I'm sorry you feel so rough, we've all been through it tho and can totally sympathise with your discomfort. Don't worry, please take it easy! You'll be feeling much better as each day goes by , I truly hope so.
Just remember , this is a few days of yuck and then the exciting journey down to your ideal body and amazing health and wellbeing can continue.
Get those pain killers and rest and keep your mind on the positives that working towards your dream will bring.
Love and feel better from me:)

Hi Matt, I can't remember what WLS you had, but should you not still be on liquids? I would have thought you were pushing the boundries with sloppies already. Depends on what you were told to do though. I hope you all the best and keep walking.

whichever op you had the pain is likely to be trapped wind, try some pepermint tea and or gripe water and gentle movement will help relieve it. Also as Glen has said you should really only be on liquids/sloppies at present whichever your WLS team advised

have moved onto the next stage of food, as for yesterday i just couldnt eat anything owing to how painful everything was, its just as bad today and am awaiting the delivery of some nice painkillers. As for the food i had some musshy weatabix this morning followed by some belended haddock which was steamed with chives and garlic accompannie by some blended carrot. Just want the pain to dissapear at the min as i didnt get much sleep last night owing to everytime i coughed i felt i was being split in 2. ohh well such is the price of wanting to be thin again.

Hi Matt,
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your weightloss journey,
Your still early days yet and it does get easier, in a few weeks time you will be feeling a lot better. Good luck!

Ohh did forget to mention i was unable to see anyone from the dieticians owing to where i came from to have the surgery, they did however give me some a4 paper with reccomende servings and what i can and cannot eat, have to admit it really feels strangehaving the amount of food i am having and feeling full.

On the up side my painkillers have arrived so it wont be long before they kick in, hopefully this will allow me to move about a bit easier and not be in as much pain even beter lol would be a good nights sleep.

Matthew

It does get better just give yourself some time to recover it is major surgery after all. Also with the pain meds take them like clockwork even if you don't think you need them, managing pain once it has gotten to a level that you want meds makes it harder to get relief, just keep you meds going in so you don't have breakthrough pain.

Take care,
Nic:p

hiya Matt
sorry to hear you are in pain but it does ease believe me. Im only 7 days post op from open bypass, it aches/hurts every time I breathed in so I know how you feel.
Last night was the first night I felt 'comfy' in bed :)
As for the coughing, if you have a tickle before you cough get a sip of water, thats what Ive been doing, it stops that big cough coming. Ive visions of coughing/sneezing and pinging my staples across the room lol

The painkillers will definately help, but be careful with the food as that can cause you pain too.

Good luck, you know why you had the op and you will see the results soon and then you will be wondering what all these posts were about lol :D

Hi Matt - good luck on your journey. What surgery did you have and was it open or lap? Keep smiling and focus on the changes your life will take thanks to this surgery.

Hmmm surgery that they did was the one where they stb u and insert things Lap i think lol.

As for how i am going i am slowly getting there, i am now pain free except for the fall i had yesterday where i ripped some of the staples that had been holding me together ohh well. the weight is currently still coming off thou i really must rem to actually eat, one of my worst habits i am afraid to say. Usually i get busy and before i know it most of the day has gone by.

Oh, Matt so sorry to hear you had a fall, what terrible luck! I hope you have a speedy recovery for now on. Take care, rest, eat as often as you can (early days you should have something 6-8 times per day), sip fluids all the time. All that will help you heal faster so you can get back to your life!

;)Nic

Hi Matt how are you doing now ?
Sorry to hear about your fall , keep posting Mia

Back