• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2014 Surgeries

Thank you so much. Feeling a lot better. Thank you. You've allayed so many fears in one fell swoop and I thank you for that. You read my mind! Xxx

Here anytime you have a question, being all so fresh to me i'm sure i can help :) I also went over back threads to read anything i could so i knew what to expect. I can honestly say the wait in waiting room was the worst once home all was well (apart from the wind) once your 4-5 day post op its all plain sailing. The first week did seem to be all full on with taking meds, changing stocking, injections, eat don't eat, sip don't sip. But its already second nature now :) you will be fine x x x

oh my words.thankyou all so much this site is unbelievable you are all great people.thankyou for offering help you might regret it when I am chewing your ears off.i am in the process of shopping list am not doing the milk diet I am intolerance.i am doing the low carb and I start on wed 26th. will keep in touch with.take care

oh my words.thankyou all so much this site is unbelievable you are all great people.thankyou for offering help you might regret it when I am chewing your ears off.i am in the process of shopping list am not doing the milk diet I am intolerance.i am doing the low carb and I start on wed 26th. will keep in touch with.take care
I had a band fitted so not sure how much i can help with your bypass questions but i sure can offer plenty of support and comfort. I to did low cal diet due to intolerance, i found it pretty easy to stick to :) just follow the rules your given and you'll be ace x x x

crystalrsinbow you are a star ! Thanks for your support. The thing i am dreading most is having to give myself needles for a while after. But i am sure when it comes to it i will cope. This site is a great support x

crystalrsinbow you are a star ! Thanks for your support. The thing i am dreading most is having to give myself needles for a while after. But i am sure when it comes to it i will cope. This site is a great support x
hmmmmm sorry to say i'm a big wimp and couldn't bring myself to stab myself lol
Poor old hubby got the job every morning..... i would try and put it off as long as i possibly could lol i would kinda sit lay on sofa grab my bit of tummy where i wanted it and hide behind a cushion. Trust me it doesn't hurt just a wee sting, but its the thought of if. I can safely say i was very very very pleased when my week was up :eek:

Yes toad banders too lol its anti clotting stuff they give after ops, the nurse will show you how to do it :D my tummy has a little smile of bruises now.

I was hoping my other half would do mine .. But he just laughs when i mention it.. !
Got a doctor next door i suppose i could ask if i struggle ... So i know where u r coming from on the wimp score

I was hoping my other half would do mine .. But he just laughs when i mention it.. !
Got a doctor next door i suppose i could ask if i struggle ... So i know where u r coming from on the wimp score
first morning i cried my eyes out :8855: you should have seen it a right old to do sprawled out on sofa with a pinch of belly in my hands hubby sitting over me with needle ready, my head behind a cushion. I kept shouting wait, wait ,wait lol really thought i was going to have to go see the docs too !!! Hubby was a star and i'm sure yours will step up if needed :D

Needles??? Needles??? I'm having a band. Will I have to do the needle thing? Thought I read something earlier! X
I had some blood taken before the op. There's a needle for the cannula too (for the anesthetic) & anti coagulant (i think that's the correct name) daily injections (mine were 5 days) & the fills are done by needle too (not had that one yet though)
So lots of needles
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
None of them are too bad though (so far)!

band fitted 16.01.14

It's really not too bad. The 1s u do yourself do sound scary but once you've done it once you'll be fine. It's more weird than anything.
The benefit of being fat is that it doesn't hurt!

band fitted 16.01.14

I`ve just had a call from Kings College they have given me my surgery date as Friday 21st March, I`m shaking at the moment not sure why!!!

I`ve just had a call from Kings College they have given me my surgery date as Friday 21st March, I`m shaking at the moment not sure why!!!
Congrats Lorraine on getting your date :D just take your time and breath. i know i was all over place once i got date, then it all begins you wont have too much time to worry about it. If like me auto pilot will kick in and you'll be grand x x x

hiya everyone and congratulations lorrainel it will come around quick.i received my letter of admission what to do.what to take into hospital with today.shaking reading it.but I pulled myself together got on that phone to comfirm I will be there.fingers crossed.were all on our way you march ops.and for all you that are still waiting.it wont be long im sure.take care

Back