• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2014 Surgeries

26th March

Hey tinker.I'm doing really well. 25ld down..lots of energy and more confident...how u doing?

Wow Slimby 25lb your doing great,I've not weighed since first week after op I'm scared to lol,but clothes are loose and my daughter told me I have cheek bones now.we took a picture the other day and put it side by side with a picture from beginning of march and it can see a difference.are you on blended food now?x

I'm on pured and then next week chrunchy... So liking forwad to a piece of toast. Yum

I'm on pured and then next week chrunchy... So liking forwad to a piece of toast. Yum

Slimby u are 2days after me with op I am dreaming of Monday to try a bit of toast how sad do we sound lol I just hope I can tolerate it xx

We can only try. Lol

I know how you feel take it slowly with toast I still find it very filling I can just do one slice but nothing else I find those Melba toast with pate or humus or Philly great for lunch
Good luck
Still on bad days I go to mash gravy and beans

morning all.hope you are all well,and have a great easter.im still going to the loo.7 days now.been to consultant got to go back 3 weeks.still waiting for sample to come back from hospital.not doing well with eating.i mashed cornflakes and warm milk.lovly.but I asked my dietician if I could have a substitute to sugar.im not a sweet tooth more savoury.but on cereal a little sugar and salad I need salad cream.but I will have to make do with a low calorie dressing.i am have a bit of toast tomoro.and then sunday morning a lovly sloppy scrambled egg.see how it goes.got to go slow.i take one morning and one night a little tablet to stop acid.but by the time morning comes my stomach is hurting and I know it can still be sore.does anyon know how long we take these I may only have another 10 to take.do we ask for more.i could waffle on all day.so be in touch soon.take care soohoo

I was sick today......... the first time since my op......... followed quickly by the runs. Goodness knows what set it off. It was very disappointing. I'm not eating that much as it is.

Does anyone know how many calories we should be eating 5 weeks after the op?

Sorry ur poorly. I'm eating 6 small meals aday...miniscule but regular. Hope ur feeling better soonx

Being five weeks out is not the time to think about calories your body is just getting used to the new plumbing two small meals is alli have and yes some days things just don't go right if I have fresh fruit I get the runs but chocolate I am ok with sad because I used to love fruit and never been a fan of chocolates well take it easy
The main thing is plenty of fluids and protein looking back at my diary I was eating mashed potatoes gravy and beans and it was only half a tea cup size but 3 times a day and breakfast was ready break
Take care

Being five weeks out is not the time to think about calories your body is just getting used to the new plumbing two small meals is alli have and yes some days things just don't go right if I have fresh fruit I get the runs but chocolate I am ok with sad because I used to love fruit and never been a fan of chocolates well take it easy
The main thing is plenty of fluids and protein looking back at my diary I was eating mashed potatoes gravy and beans and it was only half a tea cup size but 3 times a day and breakfast was ready break
Take care

Thanks for that Maphilips. I just worry. Pathetic I know.

It's not pathetic at all we all felt like that at the beginning of our journeys
The focus at the beginning is on nutrition not calories what is totally the opposite of what for years we have focused on
Good luck

Plenty of time in the future to worry about calories I know I am only days post op but my concern is proteins etc as still on clear fluids though might risk milky coffee later

Back