• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2014 Surgeries

Hi ladies!
What op have you all had ? I know tinkerbelle bypass right? Are you all passers or any sleevers?
I'm week 3 not hungry hardly at all and really struggling to be bothered to eat, I have a little and then feel nauseous! Tried purée and chucked it in the bin! Vile stuff! Scared to jump to mush but think I might have to, it doesn't hurt as long as I only have a teaspoon at a time x

Same here if I can get an appt lol we have to call surgery at 8.30 to make appts for that day and by time you get through by 8.45 all appts have gone it's mad

im a bypass same here tinker but my surgery is always good and gets me in even if its with the nurse/practitioner who then gets my gp in if he feels the need i do have to go see them as surgeon has made me stop my metformin not so happy about that was hoping to let blood sugars even out before that stage

Strange you should say that princess they stopped my metformin day after op I used to inject with victozia for my diabetes too and they stopped that too I would've been happier to cut it down slowly rather than just stop

yeah i want to query it as my bloods are always high hence the metformin to reduce and my hba1c was 84 last check anyway hunni bed for me i think had a long day and aching a little now take care and chat tomorrow maybe

When I was 3 weeks out I felt the same not hungry at all and after trying to eat felt sick I was told by a lady on here to eat slower really slower and to eat 6 egg cup fills a day of purée also don't mix the purred food do it all individual then it does not taste like baby food but three weeks out I was starting on mushy stage slowly
Good luck

Princess I think we should definatly check about the metformin I know my Dr told me before surgery that the dose would be lowered but hospital stopped it think I'm going to ask Tuesday x

I know I'm 24hrs too early but I've just had a piece of warburtons whole meal toast with a desert spoon full of beans it was lush! Removed the crust by the time I'd done that toast was size of a cracker but it was bloody lovely in the space of me eating that the other half had ate omelette beans mushroom and 2 slices of toast! Ha ha the step kids are here laughing at me with what I had on my Disney princess plate!

Happy Easter folks xx

yes tinker im going to get an appointment this week def think it needs checking to be safe and happy easter to all

Happy Easter everyone. I've had a **** day......sick again. My own fault, tried a bit of beef. Such a bad thing to do. It got stuck made me very sick. Trying to run before I could walk.

beef yuck hope you feel better tomorrow

Hi everyone 4week out back to work today and feel so so bloated it's awful I went to the loo Saturday all fine, since I moved on to next stage Sunday day early I kno I have felt so bloated last nite I had terrible wind and I still feel windy now :-( to top it off my weekly weigh in I've gained a pound since last Monday so I'm feeling bit crappy at the min on the plus side getting back into the work routine is fab drink, breakfast mid morn snack lunch bottle of water on the desk and home at half 5 just going to prep a small baby tin of macaroni cheese and couple pieces of courgette still feel full from my 1 cracker and slice of corned beef tho slowly cooking courgette so it's nice and mushy should take me up to 7ish xx

Hi everyone 4week out back to work today and feel so so bloated it's awful I went to the loo Saturday all fine, since I moved on to next stage Sunday day early I kno I have felt so bloated last nite I had terrible wind and I still feel windy now :-( to top it off my weekly weigh in I've gained a pound since last Monday so I'm feeling bit crappy at the min on the plus side getting back into the work routine is fab drink, breakfast mid morn snack lunch bottle of water on the desk and home at half 5 just going to prep a small baby tin of macaroni cheese and couple pieces of courgette still feel full from my 1 cracker and slice of corned beef tho slowly cooking courgette so it's nice and mushy should take me up to 7ish xx

Only 4 weeks out and you are already on crackers? Why are hospitals so different with post op diets? This is my 6th week out and I'm still on pureed !

Yeh week 4 on our hospital in sheffield is crackers half slice of whole meal toast too cooked veg some slices of wafer thin ham/chicken 6 week still on purée wow! I have just managed half a baby tin of macaroni with some wafer thin ham cut up and 3 slices of courgette it was lovely :) xx

im feeling down with it all.my wound the nurse is dressing is still as sore.ive had a ladies problem.the runs for 2 week.i have done everything consultant and nurse say.yakult,imodium.i even went on to the soft stage thinking normal food might help.i did speak to dietician first.i cant get that down.when I drink or try to swallow something I have like trapped wind in my throat.i have lot of wind in my throat when I drink or swallow food. i don't know if its psychological.i get a bit worried how big my pouch is and if I fill it too full.this is stopping me from drinking enough.and I feel so weak.i was reading thru the wls cookbook for idiots.and it says about this metal taste in your mouth.this is the taste when you arnt feeling well.does it ever go away.you cant taste any food.i know I have to work this out myself.i go back to hospital in 2 weeks because of the runs.and I have all this written down questions questions.i do go on a bit.but if anyone else as just one of these problems.can you share.take care soohoo

Soohoo if your that worried go to a n e they will be able to help it dont sound so good you really should be a lot further on now seems your just going backwards some could be in your head worrying but your pouch will soon let you know when its had enough hope you feel better soon

Back