• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2014 Surgeries

DippyDeb

Terrible........ not taking in enough nutrients to do any....... In fact I'm beginning to think this whole surgery was a mistake. I don't seem to be able to get past the soft food stage. Spoke to the bariatric nurse may need a camera down. Life is **** at the present.

strawberry don't be down the bariatric team
Will sort you put.

Maphillips

Hi I understand how you feel I take a tablet twice a day for the sick feeling but eat in a different style now I eat 10 egg cup size meals always put protien on a must things like pulses chicken fish gammon turkey there easy but lamb and beef I struggle and after feel sick also if I drink to soon after makes me sick at first I found it impossible but learnt how to make it work still some days I get it wrong

I do hope you get it sorted out

soohoo

hiya strawberry.how are you.feeling about the same as me.after I had the hospital bug c.diff.i got a nasty water infection.and now I have cyatica.my legs feel like lead weights.struggle to lift my legs when I walk and go up steps.it can be a combination of things so I am told by about half dozen people.but the big problem is Im still on soft.cant get past it.struggle to do my medication.and still loads of reflux.i am not a sicky person.i have to bring it up myself.im struggling to have 2 meals a day.i told all this last time I went to consultant.and I am in hospital this thurs for the camera down and the balloon.he thinks the pipe to my stomach as healed narrow.this Is a common thing he said. so we will see.you might mention that to your consultant and see what he says.you take care.i do feel for you.i know we will feel better soon.keep looking forward and take care soohoo

hiya strawberry.how are you.feeling about the same as me.after I had the hospital bug c.diff.i got a nasty water infection.and now I have cyatica.my legs feel like lead weights.struggle to lift my legs when I walk and go up steps.it can be a combination of things so I am told by about half dozen people.but the big problem is Im still on soft.cant get past it.struggle to do my medication.and still loads of reflux.i am not a sicky person.i have to bring it up myself.im struggling to have 2 meals a day.i told all this last time I went to consultant.and I am in hospital this thurs for the camera down and the balloon.he thinks the pipe to my stomach as healed narrow.this Is a common thing he said. so we will see.you might mention that to your consultant and see what he says.you take care.i do feel for you.i know we will feel better soon.keep looking forward and take care soohoo

Hi Soohoo,

Waiting to hear back from the hospital. They think I may need the camera down as well.I get terrible reflux too. As soon as I start eating it begins. I'm only managing two meals a day too......
How did you get on with your camera? What are they going to do?

Let me know. Take care x

MomInArizona2014

Having a rough week and thought I would post about it. Feeling like im on a pitty potty because my weight is not shifting again. I broke my stall last week and then bounced back up those 2 pounds. Depressing to say the least. Wasn't expecting a 3 week stall so soon. So I have been reading older post about trying toWas increase calories to start loosing. Tried today and felt ill due to eating throughout the day and found I only went from my average of 500 calories to 650. Is it normal to stall so long right before the 3 month after surgery?

MomInArizona2014

Sorry to hear your still not feeling well. I think the hair loss is a common thing after surgery. I plan on saving up for hair extensions if my hair falls out too much. Lol try to stay positive this too shall pass and you will end up thinner and healthier in the end.

Can't believe how quiet all you Marchers have gone......... You must all be doing so well.

On Monday I had a camera down to see if there was a problem........ there wasn't and I didn't need a balloon dilation. Good news I guess, but it doesn't explain why I still feel sick after everything and why I can't progress past liquids. Waiting for a CT scan now to see if that sheds any light on things. Hair is still falling out too. . . .

kissthetoad

Hi strawberry. Im here :). Although I'm a juner lol. Sorry to hear you are having these problems. Must be so frustrating and worrying for you. Take care xxxxx

soohoo

elo everyone.i have kept quiet on purpose.i knew you was waiting for the camera strawberry.so I kept quiet.on my first month I was ok.then I got the c.diff.thrush,water infections.3 day with dehydration.couldnt get food down the hole had healed narrow so I wasn't been able to swallow.and lost loads of weight 4st 6lb.way too fast.so I did go in and I did have the balloon down.but as they was pulling it out they perforated my asophagus.i was in for another 3 days.on drips antibiotics 4th course now.i had a xray and a scan.but after 3 days the tiny hole had started to heal.im still feeling a bit fed up.i had my b12 on Friday and I seem to be picking up.but I have problems with my legs.they feel like lead weights.but they say its with not eating properly and it will all come together eventually.i am eating a bit better.but this is a common procedure the camera and balloon.i have had it twice.my sister and my daughter.but that can happen 1 in 500.so here I go again.i do hope you get it sorted.the scan will be a good thing strawberry.it will show you everything.just the jug of liquid they give you to drink.it takes some getting down.i only did 4 small glasses full.i just told them what op I had done.you take care and stay in touch.and I hope all the rest of the marchers are doing well.take care all soohoo

joanne7271

Shrink me please x
Hi Marchers, hope u will all feel better soon. Its a shame all the problems you seem to be having. They will get better in the end...... promise.

As for me I am ok, eating and drinking no problems....... think too much sometimes but compared to what I used to eat it is much much less. I am a slow loser but am ok with that. As you can see below I stall for a couple of weeks then lose a couple of pounds and the cycle starts again.

Hopefully it continues, always get a little scared when I stall!!! Anyway, if its any consolation my hair has started falling out too, trying not to think about it but dont wanna go to work bald! I have curly hair so when I style it now I am trying to scrunch it to make it look thicker, god knows if it is working.

On a plus side I have been walking 4 1/2 miles three times a week. My legs were bloody killing at first but getting used to it now. Feel much better in myself just not losing that much......

I not gonna complain though, so pleased i had it done, feel very lucky and lots of people are starting to notice now. Say i am a happier different person (hope thats better n not worse lol)

Well thats all for now, will be on soon to see how u all are, take care jo xx

MomInArizona2014

Wow 4 1/2 miles is great. I struggle to complete my mile a few times a week on my treadmill. Glad to hear things are going well with eating for you.

kimmiekoo

Hi everyone not been on here for ages, how's everyone doing seems we're all suffering with the hair loss thing mine is terrible :-( makes me cry I've purchased some alpecin shampoo and treatment and started eating 2 Brazil nuts everyday.

I've stalled now for 2 weeks convincing myself i mystery be doing something wrong it's so hard to come to terms with no loss every few week really messes with ya mind are u eating too much are you doing something wrong crazy feeling!

Goal achieved tho this week my mum gave me a pair of black high waist trousers size 18 finally got them up and fastened last nite whooooooooop!

I've managed to secure a 12week excersize course through my local council I start that next week can't wait on top of the walking I hope I see some movement.

Hope everyone is well xx

Hi everyone not been on here for ages, how's everyone doing seems we're all suffering with the hair loss thing mine is terrible :-( makes me cry I've purchased some alpecin shampoo and treatment and started eating 2 Brazil nuts everyday.

I've stalled now for 2 weeks convincing myself i mystery be doing something wrong it's so hard to come to terms with no loss every few week really messes with ya mind are u eating too much are you doing something wrong crazy feeling!

Goal achieved tho this week my mum gave me a pair of black high waist trousers size 18 finally got them up and fastened last nite whooooooooop!

I've managed to secure a 12week excersize course through my local council I start that next week can't wait on top of the walking I hope I see some movement.

Hope everyone is well xx

Oh my goodness......... hair loss so bad I have had to cut my hair short.

kimmiekoo

Oh my goodness......... hair loss so bad I have had to cut my hair short.

My hair has got thinner the older I've got as a kid it was so thick I'm just sticking it in a bobble at the minute my hair brush on a morning makes me fill up a little :-( its god dam awful but the dr told me after the 4/6 month mark it will stop so fingers crossed we should all be slowing down!

Is anybody suffering with water retention I seem to be drinking like a fish 2+ litres a day plus 2 milky coffees and this might be a bit TMI but a pee never feels satisfactory! I had a detox massage with chocolate on Saturday and my goddddd it was amazing that day I had more than 6 pees's it seems to me a lot is going in for not as much going out! could be me just being paranoid wondering if anybody knows of any herbal tea's to try I have tried my best with green tea bleeuughhhhh a friend told me to try green tea & a flavour anybody tried any?

Take care folks xx