• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2015 Surgeries

Blondie43

Hello how is everyone? Well done Flirty and Flip flop on your weight loss. I've lost 3st 8lb since op. I'm just worried as I don't feel the restriction u should and I still feel hungry. My weight over the last 2 weeks has stayed the same. I've started exercising and I feel great but I would like to loose another 3stone. It sounds like I'm moaning but I'm not. I'm wearing clothes I've not worn in yeArs and when I look in the mirror I like what I see which I haven't done in yeArs. How are you all doing. I think maybe we should start posting some 'nearly' after pictures - me included! Have a good day everyone.

Hi Gill, glad to hear you're doing so well. I'm doing fine too, I'm now over six and a half stone lighter than this time last year ( 5 1/2 stone lighter from pre op) I'd still like to lose at least another 5 stone, but like you I'm feeling so much better already. Xx

Hey Gill

I'm doing well, I think I'm a slow loser 13 weeks out and only lost 2st 10lb. Not complaining though, working out and love seeing my body FINALLY making some changes. You doing well, how are you?

gill147

Lookingforabetterme
That's good weight loss in 13 weeks. I think the slower you loose the weight the better your chances of not having too much loose skin. Im glad to hear your doing ok. I'm doing fine I've also started exercising I go to spin classes and walk on the treadmill. Once I start getting fitter I will start on the weights. Have you booked your dream holiday yet? I'm hoping to go away at Easter. Keep up the good work. Gill

Lookingforabetterme That's good weight loss in 13 weeks. I think the slower you loose the weight the better your chances of not having too much loose skin. Im glad to hear your doing ok. I'm doing fine I've also started exercising I go to spin classes and walk on the treadmill. Once I start getting fitter I will start on the weights. Have you booked your dream holiday yet? I'm hoping to go away at Easter. Keep up the good work. Gill

Yea your right. I saw dietician today. I e lost 33% of excess fat in 12 weeks. Fingers crossed loose skin won't be a problem.

Goooo you, with your exercise, your doing great. I'm going 4x a week and had my first PT session today, tired.com.

Booked dream holiday and cancelled the holiday and the partner at the mo. He's trying to redeem himself but I can't be bothered right now. So going NYC for thanksgiving.

Where you booking for Easter?

Are you dumping, how you coping with food?

gill147

Hiya I want to go Barbados for Easter. I hope you book yours soon. You know what men are like, they like to blame us but there the ones with the problem. Hopefully you've made up by now. That's good 33% of your weight. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you and I've lost 40%. My arms are the worst they are all wobbly and have a life of their own. The rest of me is not too bad. I don't get dumping as I had a sleeve. I just feel really full and uncomfortable and like I have to lie down and kind of stretch. The food I really miss is bread. Can you eat everything?

Blondie43

Hiya I want to go Barbados for Easter. I hope you book yours soon. You know what men are like, they like to blame us but there the ones with the problem. Hopefully you've made up by now. That's good 33% of your weight. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you and I've lost 40%. My arms are the worst they are all wobbly and have a life of their own. The rest of me is not too bad. I don't get dumping as I had a sleeve. I just feel really full and uncomfortable and like I have to lie down and kind of stretch. The food I really miss is bread. Can you eat everything?

I'm going to Barbados at Easter too - just book it! Xx

Blondie43

Hi Blondie. I'll see u there - rum punch in hand! How are you doing? Gill

I'm doing really well thanks 3lbs away from losing 7 stone! Just back from holiday and I felt great ( last year I cancelled my hols because I just couldn't face it to get honest - this year was totally different! I'm back to work next week and in some ways it will be good to get back into a routine, but if I win the lottery in the meantime I'm sure I will be ok with retirement! Haha.

How are you doing?

Aud xx

gill147

Hi Aud well done on your weight loss. I know exactly what you mean the only thing about going back to work is the routine. I don't think there going to recognise you with a 7st weight loss. I'm starting at a new Sch. During the hols I moved to Birmingham. I am dreading the burping in the staff room. I have no control over them. Some actually sound like a lion roaring. I'm doing well and feel positive I feel like a dark 'fat' cloud has stopped following me around. Enjoy the rest of your hols. Gill

Leelin

Hi,

I'm still out here. Just not great at updating the diary. Can't believe it's been 6 months. I have my 6 month review with the surgeon on Wednesday.
I've lost 35kgs/77lbs/5.5 stone. Really happy about that. I need to loose another 30kgs to get into my healthy bmi range but everyone around me doesn't think I need to loose that much weight. Not going to worry about it - just trying to stay healthy and look after myself - Eating well and being active.
I have no regrets and no issues.

How is everyone doing?

Xx
Lee

gill147

Hi, I'm still out here. Just not great at updating the diary. Can't believe it's been 6 months. I have my 6 month review with the surgeon on Wednesday. I've lost 35kgs/77lbs/5.5 stone. Really happy about that. I need to loose another 30kgs to get into my healthy bmi range but everyone around me doesn't think I need to loose that much weight. Not going to worry about it - just trying to stay healthy and look after myself - Eating well and being active. I have no regrets and no issues. How is everyone doing? Xx Lee

Hi Lee. Glad to hear you're doing okay you're right six months has really flown by. I had my check up today with the surgeon. I've lost 32 kg and everyone keeps telling me I look okay. I would be happy if I lost about another stone I don't think my body could cope with much more. As it is I've got really bad arms and my breasts look terrible I'm probably going to need surgery at some point. I'm going to have to start saving. I also have no regrets. Hope all goes well for you and that we continue being losers! Gill

Blondie43

Hey Anybody out there! How's everybody (anybody) doing?

Hi Gil nice to get updates from you and Leelin!

I've now lost just over 8 stone and I'd like to lose another 4/5 stone. Saying that I feel great I'm in between a size 18/16 and totally have my life back again! It's not all been a bed of roses though and the last few months have been a difficult time for me and I know for a fact that without my surgery I simply wouldn't have been able to cope physically or emotionally.

Weight loss is bizarre I can lose a lb one week stay the same the next week and then have big loses in the next two weeks, so I'm tending to look at the bigger picture rather than rely on
weekly weigh ins.

Flip_Flop_Flo

Hey guys,

I've been losing slowly, 3st 2lbs before I left for Abu Dhabi last Sunday however I have indulged eeek.

Last two fills were cancelled so not had a fill for two months, next one booked on 17th November in Glasgow.

Currently have 4.75ml in a 10ml band.

About to head to the airport soon to fly back to Aberdeen, it's been a fab holiday with a wee trip to Dubai to see Take That yesterday, they were AMAZING.

Xx

Hi all,

My weight loss has slowed down greatly but I'm probably not as strick as I should be...have good weeks & naughty weeks!

I've lost 38lbs now & have 5.25mls in a 10 ml band.

3 stone still to lose but as long as I keep going the way I am I'm happy & certainly no regrets.

Hope you are all well.

xxx

Last edited:

gill147

Its been a long time since I've posted. I do come on every now again and read posts. Things have been going really well for me. I've lost 6stone I wear a size 14. I got into size 12 jeans last week. I now weigh 12.9lbs. I would like to get to 12st. It is getting harder now as over the last few weeks Ive gradually starting feeling hungrier. How is
anyone else dong. The time has really flown by. Gill

niccie

Its been a long time since I've posted. I do come on every now again and read posts. Things have been going really well for me. I've lost 6stone I wear a size 14. I got into size 12 jeans last week. I now weigh 12.9lbs. I would like to get to 12st. It is getting harder now as over the last few weeks Ive gradually starting feeling hungrier. How is anyone else dong. The time has really flown by. Gill
sounds like it was really worth it.

gill147

It really was the best thing I've done Niccie. I would tell anyone who had spent years yo yo dieting to go for it. How are you doing?

niccie

5.5 months post sleeve, life is so different in a great way. Lost 5st 4, weighing 12st 5 , so much more active, much more confidence but it's hard losing weight now as it is moving slowly but I guess that's because I'm getting smaller. If I stray from my strict regime hardly at all I put on weight so still have to be very careful but I'm am pretty focused :)