• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2015 Surgeries

Me too Lin! Luckily for me though whenever I was sick it was a fleeting feeling of being sick and then I was sick straight away and then the feeling was gone!

That was the worst part for me apart from not being able to lay on my side comfortably but I still can't do that now yet either!
Never mind!

Good luck Lin X

23 days out and I am doing well. Having a few problems with purée savoury rice. It is making me have frothy sick ! And really bad indigestion. Have lost 7.4 kilo since op day so well happy, how is everyone else doing?

Oh I haven't had rice yet trying to stay away from too many carbs if I can. However Made minced turkey style cottage pie sloppy blended to a purée was ok but not beef mince and I've made quorn chilli which is yummy. Had two odd/bad expiriances with lower cream cheese and salmon blended and I think a fruit yog disagreed with me. I've lost 14lb in two weeks so it's starting to move just feel like I should be exercising but everyone is saying to wait. I'm back to work tomorrow and a little apprehensive as I feel fragile but i need to get back in the swing of things. Worried about eating lunch in front of people so taking a very thick soup in a flask as think it won't bring to much attention to me. What ups and downs have you experianced so far?

I'm not sure if I feel cheated or not..! Up til now I haven't had anything that's disagreed with me. I've yet to experience the 'foamies'. The worst I've had is good backing up in my throat and not being able to be sick. Course, that's only when I've over done it. It seems that for me there seems to be a fine line between feeling like I can eat more and feeling like I've had way too much..

How's everyone else..?

I had a few funny bowel issues in the beginning but only one experience where I ate some Asda instant mash that went down and within twenty minutes came right back up.

I feel almost exactly like Claire. Seems there's nothing that I really can't manage I just get a fullness.

I try not to dish too much out now so three tablespoons and I know that's it. I'm still having homemade soups every now and then in a little bowl as it gets more veg into me and I love them. I am really liking reduced fat smooth pate and a few breadsticks for lunch both dissolve so feels like I'm eating again but I'm only on purée stage. My tummy is starting to feel softer which I think is a reduction in weight and that my body is healing after surgery however it's still blue, purple, black green and yellow. I have noticed that by using bio oil my skin is beginning to supple up and hoping this will help with less noticeable stretch marks.

Goal for week......increase water.

I've been having crackers and the like too beep! Feels like I'm back to normal when I can have something crunchy!

I've been going for meaty sandwich fillers as I'm not a pâté fan. Things like egg and bacon or tuna and sweet corn (though admittedly the noises from my tummy after I had the sweet corn were questionable haha!) I also tried a salmon and soft cheese one from m&s but I think it might have been a little fat heavy

Claire where do you get those sandwich fillers from and are they smooth.

How is everyone getting on who had surgery in November 15

Back