• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May Surgery anyone?

triedeverything

Anyone getting surgery in May? would anyone like some support on here, if you share a May date with me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a May date :) May 24th :)

When's yours?

Fantastic! I'm May 21st! Would be great to share the experience with you guys. I'm getting a bit anxious but at the same time it couldn't come soon enough I wish it would just hurry up and get here and I can stop thinking about it! What pre-op diet are you on?

I've been told to do the Milk diet 1 week pre-op. I'm vegetarian and stressing about how I'm going to get enough protein after the surgery.. and what I'm going to actually eat!

Would the protein shakes or bars help. I am not sure if they are vegetarian or not.

I now what you mean about wanting it over with. I keep thinking whether I am doing the right thing, but what else could I do?

I have been told to do the milk diet for a week but am not very tolerant of milk so I am hoping to do a VLC diet instead.

What are you both having?

I'm anxious too - not of the before or after, I'm anxious about the anaesthetic. Keep thinking surely I can do this on my own - when clearly I can't! Waiting is the worst part as you're going over and over it in your head!

But I'm also really excited too though - I can't wait to start a new life :) :) :)

:woohoo: Hiya Everyone, I am at Sunderland Royal on the 20th of May, Due to have my opp on the 21st. Its nice to no that their is someone else going through the surgery at the same time. I am also having a Gastric Bypass. Good luck x

good luck everyone x

I'm having a sleeve on the 7th so I'm nearly a week Into my pre op diet! Eeeek I can't believe it's so soon! Pooping my pants :s lol! Good luck everyone!! X

Lots of May surgeries here that's fab! We can use this thread to share our journeys and experiences if you want to. Looks like there is a mix of Bypass, Sleeve and Bands going on so it should be interesting to help each other along the way!

Hi there, I am also going for May op. Mine is the 21st May. Having Gastric Bypass. Pre op is next week. How are your nerves doing? Mine just kicked in when I opened the letter from the hospital. When in May are you going in for your op?

Good luck,
Kat

Hi Kat, I'm having mixed emotions :) I found out about my date what feel like ages ago now but I only got the letter yesterday and that made it feel really real!!

Good luck on your journey hun xx

Hi Caraline,
I will be there! I am also going in to Sunderland on the 20th. Op is the 21st. I have sent you a friends request. Are you getting the nerves too? I will be at Sunderland next week for the Pre op. Goodluck and have fingers crossed for us.

Hiya South beach, Yeah I will be there on Wednesday next week for my pre opp. I am dead excited because its finally here. but like you once I opened the letter, I had a few mixed reactions. one of them was have I lost my weight. I panicked that much I had rang the hospital to see what my weight was the last time I got weight through Sunderland. and I was ok thank god. I have excepted your friend request. its nice to no, that their is someone going in at the same time has me x

Hi ya Sleeve Girl.
Good luck too hon. Yes the letters came together for pre op and op date. It is proper nerves like before sitting an exam. I think its all the what ifs. Which make me plan like mad and make lists to try and calm me down. If I am prepared then hopefully will be calmer. We are going to a wedding in July and just hope I can be none sickie by then. Husband is excited as he will get two dinners and I am not sure if I will even be able to have a glass of champers. So he will have two of them too! lol He has enjoyed this year so far as I have been T total since New Years with one blip. We have decided to set targets and rewards. So no eating out until we go to family's wedding. reward is new outfit for the wedding. He wants to lose 30kg this year too so he is also trying and no longer complains much at the veggies and fish I am cooking for dinner. He has even stopped moaning about the lettuce in his sandwiches! I know I would struggle if he was not behind me on this. I had to point out that when I quit smoking I had to avoid smokers for a couple of years after. I have had to get him to agree not to bring home naughty foods. (which was hard for him as he works for a large Chocolate company)
However I must say the rewards is working we have both picked a reward we can have when we reach mini targets. and main target, Holidays, clothes, sunbed hire, mountain bike are on our lists. We also have a penality clause of if either says they want a takeaway or eat out the other says NO and gets to pick an outing which the other can not say dont want to. ie go to watch movies and good person gets to pick the film. Or he will take me to the theatre if he mentions take away. Have you decided on any treats for you reaching targets along this long journey?

Back