• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mike's Gastric Bypass journey

Mike k

Ready for my new life !

I am excited about surgery happening in August . The pre-op diet is quite a change but it's going pretty good so far . Its getting use to not drinking anything 1/2 hr before and 1 hr after a meal that's hard for me but I am doing so that I am ready after surgery .

Mike k

I have until August before surgery but I am living as close to what my new life will be now . The only thing I not doing is taking the extra vitamins and pills until I am seen at the office to find out what they want me to be on . I feel pretty good and with a little more energy than what I had before .

weegie

I am excited about surgery happening in August . The pre-op diet is quite a change but it's going pretty good so far . Its getting use to not drinking anything 1/2 hr before and 1 hr after a meal that's hard for me but I am doing so that I am ready after surgery .

Hi Mike, I am on the pre-op too and have also been doing the same with drinks. More the half an hour after which is I think where you reach automatically for something to drink.
This is not my first surgery, as I had a band in 2007, so I already chew my food really well. I would highly recommend practising smaller mouthfuls and chewing at least 20 times, if necessary put your fork down in between. It came as a bib shock go me just how quickly I ate previously but now it is second nature even after having my band totally emptied.

There is so much support on the boards so get stuck in, the time will fly now you have a date.

Good luck with the rest of it, 2 more sleeps before I fly to Belgium, then op on Wednesday. :)

weegie

Lovely positive post Mike.

nafpnd

good way of staying motivated

Venture

Good luck fella, stay strong in the pre-op and look forward to the big changes coming to your life very soon!

Mike k

Thank-you Pauline and the best to you on your surgery .

los in it

Good luck to mike,paula and weegie

weegie

Mike k

Thank-you Venture I am looking forward to surgery and definitely am excited .

Mike k

Mike's pre-op journey

My name is Mike I am having gastric bypass in August . I am very excited by surgery coming up . I have been on pre-op diet since May 13 I go back to see my surgeon June 26 for check up and to see if I lost or gained weight . There is no number of lbs I have to lose I just can't gain any weight . On May 13 I weight 331 lbs and now I am 318 lbs so I guess I am doing alright .

weegie

My name is Mike I am having gastric bypass in August . I am very excited by surgery coming up . I have been on pre-op diet since May 13 I go back to see my surgeon June 26 for check up and to see if I lost or gained weight . There is no number of lbs I have to lose I just can't gain any weight . On May 13 I weight 331 lbs and now I am 318 lbs so I guess I am doing alright .

No guessing required Mike. Well done great loss. :)

Mike k

Thank-you Chrissy I think my mind is right now . It wasn't easy giving up all the junk I was putting in me but I sure feel better .

weegie

Amazing isn't it? All the comfort junk actually makes us feel physically worse.

Mike k

I think we are the only ones to realize this as a major problem .

los in it

hello Mike ,well done on the weight loss so far ,long may it continue !good luck in all you wish for

Mike k

Thank-you very much for the support .

Mike k

I am feeling pretty good today I have appointment with surgeon on the 26th for check up to see if I have gained any weight but I haven't I have lost 13 lbs since the last time I saw him .

Jacwat

I am feeling pretty good today I have appointment with surgeon on the 26th for check up to see if I have gained any weight but I haven't I have lost 13 lbs since the last time I saw him .

Hi Mike and welcome and well done on your weight loss so far!