• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mike's Gastric Bypass journey

Thank-you it great to hear others understand . I am feeling much better now that I wrote it down . Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I know this feeling, I eventually had a few discussions here and there.. Not really reduced but now my folks make sure I Feel appreciated father than a doormat. Its a subtle difference that can help.

Hugs to you.

Lol oh i remember my sister once saying she bets i sit and watch jeremy kyle all day long, i usually see the adverts break and cant remember whats on tv as i just use it for back ground noise

Today is starting out as a very good day only 54 more days until surgery . I have got everything setup for my mother-in-law for breakfast ( I prepare and cook all her meals ) . She is very picky on how things are made ( she 79 yrs old ) a glass of orange juice , milk , water with a small bowl of fresh fruit , peanut butter and a bagel and coffee . This never changes everyday is the same . My mother-in-law goes to her doctor on the 25th of this month to see if she can go home . I hate to say this but I my looking forward to her to go home after a month of living here . I enjoy my time alone with my own thoughts and not worrying about other people's needs . I know that's selfish but I can't help it I think I need sometime for me . Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Last edited:
In no way is that selfish. Everybody needs a little space. If you are always putting your own needs last in order to take care of everyone else you will eventually burn out, become ill and then you wont be able to help others.

Hope your mother in laws appointments goes well

Thank-you Robina I try to keep a positive attitude all the time some days are easier than others days . I guess it makes me feel better just writing it down to remind myself that I do count too . I sometimes forget that I need to take care of myself too . Again thanks for reminding me .

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Woke up normal time 3:00 AM showered then made coffee for the wife and green tea for me . My wife and mother-in-law are leaving at 6:00 AM to get there hair done and grocery shop . They will be gone until about 2:00 PM so there will be peace and quiet around here yeh ! So I will be watching old westerners and just relaxing . I love Saturday mornings lately . I do miss shopping with my wife for grocery ( I like picking up my own stuff ) I am the cook in the family and they like picking up junk sometimes .

Woke up to a heavy rain ( I have a metal roof ) usually the sound puts me to sleep but not this morning it is coming down hard . Only 54 more days until surgery I cannot wait . The pre-op diet is going well it makes you really look at food differently I can't believe how much I use to eat . Going from eating all the time to 3 time a day was very hard at 1st now it so easy . I have been on pre-op diet since May 13 and eating at the table instead of my chair in front of the t.v. Really made a big difference on how I eat . I know I cannot keep losing weight without surgery but right now it feels like I can . I feel so good and proud of myself ( I know I am doing this for my health ) that it seems like like it has finial sunk it that I have to take care of myself 30 yrs late .

Woke up to a heavy rain ( I have a metal roof ) usually the sound puts me to sleep but not this morning it is coming down hard . Only 54 more days until surgery I cannot wait . The pre-op diet is going well it makes you really look at food differently I can't believe how much I use to eat . Going from eating all the time to 3 time a day was very hard at 1st now it so easy . I have been on pre-op diet since May 13 and eating at the table instead of my chair in front of the t.v. Really made a big difference on how I eat . I know I cannot keep losing weight without surgery but right now it feels like I can . I feel so good and proud of myself ( I know I am doing this for my health ) that it seems like like it has finial sunk it that I have to take care of myself 30 yrs late . Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Good Morning Mike. :)

Raining here in Glasgow too, not hard but has been constant. And only 54f which is normal Scottish summer :(

Love your upbeat posts, those 54 days will fly by. You are giving your surgery a fantastic start,

Good for you. Hugs

Thanks Chrissy it really is a very good day it's about 70 degree F and the rain is letting up . I am going to a BBQ. place ( called Smoky Bones ) with my boys my wife and my mother-in-law for Father's Day . I am going to have 4 oz of salmon and 6 oz of steamed broccoli the rest of the family will have barbecue stuff .

Thanks Chrissy it really is a very good day it's about 70 degree F and the rain is letting up . I am going to a BBQ. place ( called Smoky Bones ) with my boys my wife and my mother-in-law for Father's Day . I am going to have 4 oz of salmon and 6 oz of steamed broccoli the rest of the family will have barbecue stuff . Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Enjoy! Would have been my choice too. :)

Enjoy your father's day Mike.
You are doing well with your pre diet. Like you said after the operation, you will carry on eating little. That is the good thing with the operation.
Enjoy bbq.

Thanks Tules I definitely will .

Friday is my next check-in with the surgeon's team to get weighted and general check on process . I feel good I know I have lost weight I hope he's scales and mine are close . I show 13 lb loss since May 13 which was my 1st visit . I was shooting for 15 lbs by Friday I don't think I will make it but that ok .
I had a wonderful time with my family yesterday going out for Father's Day lunch . It was a little hard when everyone got dessert but I did fine just talking instead of eating ( what a change ) it felt good to have the control not to eat . My boys got me a Fitbit Charge HR what a great gift . I have been wanting one for awhile now I have something else to obsess about lol that a good thing my wife said . Well I am off to test my Fitbit out , everybody have a super day .

Awww very thoughtful present. I dont know if your on my fitness pal, i use it to log my food to keep an eye on my calories in and my exercise to see my calories out and it syncs to fitbit to input your exercise data for you

Yes , Robina I am on Myfitnesspal .

I feel awful uneasy this morning I don't know why just can't put my finger on it . Everything is going good , I even got use to drinking my green tea without equal in it ( that took a long time ) . Pre-op diet is going great I am not hungry between meals and keeping to to the plan but yet something is off . O well I guess it must be all the changes to my life . I think one of the harder things to get use to is watching other people eat I can't believe I use to eat that much .
I love my new Fitbit . I never though I moved around so much when I slept . Tracking steps is really neat too . I hope everyone has a fantastic day .

Hello Mike, I get where your coming from regarding thinking about the amount of food we eat pre/post WLS I notice it even more now 9 months post bypass surgery even a childrens portion looks too much now and I notice but dont say anything how much everyone around me is eating, its pretty much contant munching! I want to say to them"do you really need thatand that much?"but know that if someone had said that to me I would have been inside so upset and eaten more , but maybe that 1 comment MIGHT have stopped me and made me turn my life around .

Los in it , I know what your saying I think about saying something but I never would I know it would have upset me . It just makes you think all the time .

I feel great this morning I have next appointment with the surgeon Friday to see how the pre-op diet is going . I will be getting some of my up coming appointments with the difference doctors and NUT can't wait . Surgery is August 13 just 10 days after my birthday what a gift it will be . I hope everyone has a very good day today .

Another good morning I feel that I have made a lot of the changes to my eating habits in the last few week that I think I will have no problem staying with it . Pre-op diet is going well I just got some calls yesterday for some of my doctors appointments . Very excited that everything is getting closer . Well I have to go and make breakfast for my mother-in-law so here to everyone HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!

Back