• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mike's Gastric Bypass journey

I am feeling pretty good today I have appointment with surgeon on the 26th for check up to see if I have gained any weight but I haven't I have lost 13 lbs since the last time I saw him .

Well done!

Thanks Chrissy I can alway use the support .

Wow, well done for the weight loss!

Thank-you

Your doing great Mike - well done!!!

Thanks I needed that for sure it's always good to hear you doing alright sometimes it's not easy but I guess no one said it would be .

Another great day , I am losing weight and feeling more positive everyday about my surgery being the right thing for me .

I get more excited everyday until my surgery only 58 more days .

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

The time will fly by and your doing a great job prepping for the op

Hi Mike

All the very best with your journey, and op in August.

Well done on the weight loss, you are doing really well.

Thank-you for the support .

Only 8 days to my 2nd appointment with surgeon for a check up to see how well I am doing on my weight lost diet and PGX fiber . I feel like like everything is going fine I have lost about 13 lbs so far . I have no weight lost I have to achieved I just have to not gain any before surgery .

Good luck for your next appointment Mike, you're doing really well :)

Thank-you BFB I can see you are doing really well I hope I can have the same results .

Cheers Mike, I'm sure you'll do well. You've made a great start and you've found all this great support on here. Recipe for success :)

Good morning all I am having a off day today feeling a little stressed watching and taking care of my mother-in-law ( she broke her leg again ) i am taking care of because I don't work . I am disable and have been since 2000 from a car accident so every time someone needs personnel care they come to my house . My sister-in-law was in a motorcycle accident that made her a quadriplegic and I care for her for over a year until her boyfriend retired and he takes care of her now . My wife works and will not retired for another 6 yrs . We have been married for 39 yrs in August and I feel like I get dump on because I don't work and I cannot say no . I know they really need my help and a love them very much but sometimes I like to be left alone . I guess I am feeling a little sorry for myself instead of just sucking it up and do my job .
This is the only place a have to get things off my chest so thanks .

Im in a similar position. I dont work as my daughters disabled so i get the errands and dog/child sitting expectations since im "just at home" its hard but i now say no to some as people wernt there for me when ive been in and out of hospital/sufferred a loss

If you need personal time then dont be afraid to say no, that you need a little time to yourself

Thank-you for reading , I know I am not alone but like you know it sometimes feels like it . I felt better just writing it down again thanks for reading and sharing I am sorry for your loss I do know hard that is .

its a bit like when people say "im just a mum/dad"and others think you just sit at home watching tv and eating biscuits instead your
taxi cab driver/cook/first aider/money bank/watcher woman or man/teacher/ fixer of broken things /chief iron my clothes/cleaner /party maker
the list could go on !
hope your day gets better

money bank

Thank-you it great to hear others understand . I am feeling much better now that I wrote it down .

Back