• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Minnie's journey

Thank you that's made me less stressed about having it done now I know what to expect what is it they are looking for I really hope mine doesn't show anything xx

Glad to help, I agree its easier if you have an idea what to expect. Not sure exactly what they are looking for just that everything is healthy I think, you can actually watch the screen yourself and see the live camera feed if you like, I couldn't see without my specs, which I was quite relieved about actually

Sounds similar, the spray does make it hard to swallow if I remember correctly

don't overthink it and worry to much, its only a minor step on your journey, you'll be fine they look after you really well.

I hadn't even thought about Xmas I had better get my arse in gear on payday.

Bit low feeling. I want to shout about hopefully pending surgery however where I live is a fairly small community and everyone knows everyone else. I haven't told any family apart from my husband and I feel quite isolated at the moment. My parents I don't really see much as they have become very self centred the past year and very materialistic. I think I just need a kick really to sort me out.

Hi beep beepcat I've been finding it hard not telling anyone either ... I've just started one of these diaries to try to get stuff out! Hope you feel better soon x

Just popped in to wish you luck with the camera on Tuesday, sure you'll do great and get the all clear and put onto the list.

Just been for my endoscopy wasn't an experience I want to repeat again never gagged so much in my life but got through it with just throat spray go me turns out I have a hiatus hernia never expected that but the great news is I'm now listed for sugary mr Carr said next time we will see you will be surgery the nurse who kept me calm was so lovely really helped me a lot wasn't in too long glad I never went for the sedation.

Great news, shame about the hernia did they say if they are going to do anything about it ? Really pleased for you getting on the list.

Thanks loop I can't believe I've made in to the list never thought it would happen they never said anything apart from I had hernia I was to busy getting my head around how bad the endoscopy is waiting for a letter so hopefully will explain it in there xx

I did warn you, lol at least its done and dusted. I saw Mr Carr on my 6 week follow up, seems a nice guy.

Any word on a date yet, I got a phone call from appointments where you get to pick a date that suits, I took the the earliest available

I go the call to book a date about a week after my scope.

Can you tell me how things happened after your endoscopy like when you went for pre op when were you told to start pre op diet when you went in for op when you went home thanks x

I got my date around a week after the scope as I said, When you finalise the date that suits you best they'll tell you the date to start your pre-op diet, You'll get a confirmation letter by post with the booklet about what the pre-op diet.

You'll also get another appointment for your pre op assessment, mine was 29th July ( my op was 11th Aug), I saw
1. The pharmacist (nice Spanish lass) who went over the medications and supplement's required post op so take in any current medications you are on so she can take these into consideration.
2. A nurse who took bloods and MSRA swabs from your nose and groin.
3. Another nurse who basically talked about the pre op diet and made sure you fully understand what is required
I think that was everything took about an hour in total nothing to worry about

Thanks loop I was just confused to wether I would have pre op before I started pre op diet how long were you in hospital when you had op I'm struggling with the thought of been away from my kids x

I went in on the Mon afternoon, operation was Tues morning, the norm at Sunderland would be a Thurs morning discharge but they kept me an extra day as my operation took a little longer so I was the Friday morning. So should have been 3 nights but I ended up being in 4.

no word yet ?

Pureed turkey wont be that bad, lol. Either that or arrange a family Christmas dinner for next week before your pre op diet.

Exciting times, SJS. It will be here before you know it.

Day one of pre op diet don't feel to bad at the thought of not having some nice food for a while but do wish I had something big and nice to eat last night hope it's not to hard but feeling positive up to now going to sort hospital bag tomorrow going to buy some new pyjamas and things to take in with me in 10 days time I will be on ward waiting for my op is this really happening to me is it really my time I feel so lucky xx

Good luck with it all X X

Day 7 of pre op diet really sick of it now but hanging in there 4 days till I'm off to hospital for my surgery the next day less than a week think I need to pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming it's coming round too fast I really hope I don't get to scared and walk out has anyone got any ideas on food I can eat when I get home thanks xz

Back