• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Missy’s Journey!

Week 16 & 17...
Back from my week in Spain and am pleased to say I haven’t gained any weight! I haven’t lost any either, but I can live with that. It was difficult to stay completely on track because of my struggle to eat certain foods e.g. meat, vegetables etc. This meant that I ate more carbs than normal and snack things like crackers. I had an ice cream one day and didn’t dump. I also had some biscuits and nuts as snacks. I was apprehensive about eating things that would make me sick as I couldn’t keep running off the beach every 5 minutes to vomit, which was also the same for eating out. What a wonderful feeling to be able to go on holiday and not come back 1.5 stone heavier. I usually feel totally disgusting at the airport on the way home. I also usually retain a lot of fluid and struggle to find clothes that still fit me for the journey home. I didn’t have any of that either. I feel like a ‘normal’ person!!! I have my telephone appointment with my surgeon on the 26th and I will discuss my issues with certain foods and regurgitation. Hopefully it won’t be cancelled like the previous ones.
Well done xx

Congratulations on maintaining whilst in Spain. I'm off to Spain on Friday for a few days and terrified of eating out. At week 9 I've only been to one restaurant thus far and it was sushi. I think tapas will be perfect sizes its just if I can find something on the menu that won't make me sick

Hopefully your surgeon can offer some advice with the sickness.

You are so close to your goal weight! You must be thrilled to have not gained in the last week. Have you gotten rid of all the bags of clothes now?x
Thanks. Have a fab time in Spain. I am taking some of the clothes into work today for some colleagues to rummage through. Yes, I was very conscious of not choosing something that would make me sick as I am often sick for a few hours after, which isn’t the best when you have to keep going to the loo when you’re out. I did have this one night and it ruined my night. It’s not always easy to find something!

The last 7 weeks have been utter chaos with my son being critically ill in hospital. He’s still in and has another surgery this Friday. Hopefully, he will be able to go home the week after. I feel that my eating hasn’t been a focus in this time. I spent a lot of time not eating and then eating bits of rubbish so I was getting something in. Then I was away last week and was eating more carbs than I like to in the hope of avoiding numerous amounts of sickness. I sat yesterday and thought about how I can combat this sickness business. I went food shopping and spent a long time there (husband almost sent a search party). Life can and has become so busy and it’s easy to push yourself/getting to grips with eating to one side. I think this is me! I’ve also realised that my problem with regurgitation seems to be when I try to eat a ‘normal’ meal (small portion). So, having salmon and veg or tuna salad. I don’t seem to have a problem if I separate my food groups. I’ve eaten Heck Italia sausages on their own (only manage about 1) and it stays down. If I put that with something else it comes back. If I eat tuna mayo on its own, it’s ok. I’ve decided to make small protein pots for the day and split my food groups. I’ve bought some children’s packed lunch type fruit bags. I am enjoying eating fruit & fibre cereal as I feel I am eating a normal meal and can eat it with ease. The problem is, it’s not too great on the protein front. However, I’ve discovered protein granola! Oh my! It’s delicious! 45g gives 12g of protein and only 20g of carbs. I’ve just eaten it and to be honest 45g is a struggle. It might be ok on other days or in an evening. This is now my new favourite and then there’s the protein from milk to add. I am going to give up trying mini meals and just do up to 6 mini protein hits throughout the day.
The dietician phoned me to see how I’m getting on. She was really pleased with my weight loss. I spoke about the above with her and she thinks it is a good idea. I’m concerned I may need a stretch, but she thinks it could just be a matter of time before I can tolerate certain foods more. She said it doesn’t matter if I’m not eating a variety of foods at the same time, but just that I’m getting the food groups in and a good amount of protein. She asked what I ate yesterday and I told her. I admitted to having a cup of tea and 1 biscuit last night and she started asking about protein alternatives! I wanted a bloody biscuit, so I had one!! What I didn’t mention was my first real episode of dumping. I went to the hospital to visit my son and took him some triple chocolate cookies. He’s lost 3.5 stone in weight. Everyone had a cookie and I broke a third of a cookie off and had that. Within 20 minutes I started to feel dizzy/faint, the need to lie down and sick. I had to go to the toilet, which was quite a distance away and I thought I was going to pass out! I didn’t know which end to put on the toilet first! I was sick and then went to the loo. I felt better after this but Joey was grumbling a lot. I think I’ve got pretty cocky with not dumping and being able to eat bits of chocolate etc. I found another great protein snack which I’d had before going to the hospital ... sweet chilli flavour edamame beans 6g protein per 30g. They are high in fat and I’m wondering if this contributed to the dumping after eating the section of cookie.
On another note. My weight loss has been slower this month but I have had my holiday mixed in. I do my measurements about once a month and have lost 8 inches this month. I lost 6 inches last month and I’d lost more weight last month. So it just goes to show, if the scales aren’t moving as fast the inches still can!

Great job on figuring out how to eat protein on its own. You've had a hard time with life circumstances and you've done your best. I hope your son's surgery goes well.x

I hope your son does make a full recovery really soon, I was only saying last night this really is all a learning curve but it sounds like you’ve got your head round it, it’s encouraging to know the inches still drop even if the lbs slow down. Good luck xxx

@Missyme when you get a chance please share the name of the protein granola. I was going to make a batch but if I could but some ready made with great macros that would be even better. Thanks.

6C46C458-A8C8-4FD8-B977-F12460821CA4.png
@Missyme when you get a chance please share the name of the protein granola. I was going to make a batch but if I could but some ready made with great macros that would be even better. Thanks.
@slimkim This is the one I got but there are quite a few other options.

Cheers! I'll have a look in my local one for it. I did Google but the macros on ones I found weren' as good.

The last 7 weeks have been utter chaos with my son being critically ill in hospital. He’s still in and has another surgery this Friday. Hopefully, he will be able to go home the week after. I feel that my eating hasn’t been a focus in this time. I spent a lot of time not eating and then eating bits of rubbish so I was getting something in. Then I was away last week and was eating more carbs than I like to in the hope of avoiding numerous amounts of sickness. I sat yesterday and thought about how I can combat this sickness business. I went food shopping and spent a long time there (husband almost sent a search party). Life can and has become so busy and it’s easy to push yourself/getting to grips with eating to one side. I think this is me! I’ve also realised that my problem with regurgitation seems to be when I try to eat a ‘normal’ meal (small portion). So, having salmon and veg or tuna salad. I don’t seem to have a problem if I separate my food groups. I’ve eaten Heck Italia sausages on their own (only manage about 1) and it stays down. If I put that with something else it comes back. If I eat tuna mayo on its own, it’s ok. I’ve decided to make small protein pots for the day and split my food groups. I’ve bought some children’s packed lunch type fruit bags. I am enjoying eating fruit & fibre cereal as I feel I am eating a normal meal and can eat it with ease. The problem is, it’s not too great on the protein front. However, I’ve discovered protein granola! Oh my! It’s delicious! 45g gives 12g of protein and only 20g of carbs. I’ve just eaten it and to be honest 45g is a struggle. It might be ok on other days or in an evening. This is now my new favourite and then there’s the protein from milk to add. I am going to give up trying mini meals and just do up to 6 mini protein hits throughout the day.
The dietician phoned me to see how I’m getting on. She was really pleased with my weight loss. I spoke about the above with her and she thinks it is a good idea. I’m concerned I may need a stretch, but she thinks it could just be a matter of time before I can tolerate certain foods more. She said it doesn’t matter if I’m not eating a variety of foods at the same time, but just that I’m getting the food groups in and a good amount of protein. She asked what I ate yesterday and I told her. I admitted to having a cup of tea and 1 biscuit last night and she started asking about protein alternatives! I wanted a bloody biscuit, so I had one!! What I didn’t mention was my first real episode of dumping. I went to the hospital to visit my son and took him some triple chocolate cookies. He’s lost 3.5 stone in weight. Everyone had a cookie and I broke a third of a cookie off and had that. Within 20 minutes I started to feel dizzy/faint, the need to lie down and sick. I had to go to the toilet, which was quite a distance away and I thought I was going to pass out! I didn’t know which end to put on the toilet first! I was sick and then went to the loo. I felt better after this but Joey was grumbling a lot. I think I’ve got pretty cocky with not dumping and being able to eat bits of chocolate etc. I found another great protein snack which I’d had before going to the hospital ... sweet chilli flavour edamame beans 6g protein per 30g. They are high in fat and I’m wondering if this contributed to the dumping after eating the section of cookie.
On another note. My weight loss has been slower this month but I have had my holiday mixed in. I do my measurements about once a month and have lost 8 inches this month. I lost 6 inches last month and I’d lost more weight last month. So it just goes to show, if the scales aren’t moving as fast the inches still can!
Hope your son is out of hospital soon, you are doing amazingly especially with all that worry and stress. I wish both of you all the very best xx

Hope your son is out of hospital soon, you are doing amazingly especially with all that worry and stress. I wish both of you all the very best xx
Thank you, @Maria61 Hope all is well with you xx

Week 18...
I’m on the home straight! Finally in the 12 stones! 12st 12 this morning, which is a 2lb loss. I get the feeling that last bit of weight is going to be the hardest, but that’s ok!
I’ve been doing my small protein hits and I feel it’s changed my life! I’ve barely been sick and can tolerate chicken when not eaten with other foods. However, I managed to have it with mashed sweet potato and gravy on Sunday. This has been the firs proper meal I’ve enjoyed. My hope will be to go from the mash to veg but that’s another step. My new eating regime has meant that I’m less likely to reach for bits of snacks e.g. chocolate/crackers etc. It feels like it’s taken forever to get to this point. Hopefully, Joey will begin to tolerate food groups together at some point but I’m happy with this for now and will continue. I’ve also swapped my vitamins from the chewy to A-Z Sanatogen as the dietician wasn’t happy for me to stay on the Bassett. However, the Sanatogen are like swallowing a bullet! I do take them first thing in the morning, so that doesn’t help. Happy losing peeps!

Last edited:
Whoop, whoop! Congratulations on making it to the 12 stone bracket. :0clapper:

Aw that's great, Missy! I'm so happy for you that you've found something that works for you and that you've been able to keep more stuff down.

Weeks 19&20...
Been a busy bee and missed posting last week. My son had surgery last week and he finally came home this weekend after 9 weeks in hospital. Yippee! My weight loss seems to have slowed down and I’ve lost a lb each week. I am on the home straight and getting close to my goal weight. I am still a daily weigher and it’s interesting to see how my weight is more erratic than it was not so long ago. It fluctuates more, which it didn’t really do until a few weeks ago. I’m managing to keep more food down and have actually managed salmon/chicken with salad. Still have odd days of being sick and can’t seem to work out why. I think it’s a lot of acid. I don’t get acid reflux but when I’m sick it seems quite acidic. I will discuss with my surgeon next week. Lots of people have noticed my weight loss now. I’m a lb away from 4.5 stone. I changed my profile picture on social media the other day and had many compliments. I’m now 12st 10 and have set my goal on here for 12st 7. In my head, I think my actual goal is 12 stone. I look too thin when I go under it, although psychologically it would be good to be just under to see the 11 something! I’m wondering if this is my body stabilising with the weight loss now. It seems early though as I’m only 4.5 months out. Would be interested to hear other experiences. Happy slimming everyone!

Weeks 19&20...
Been a busy bee and missed posting last week. My son had surgery last week and he finally came home this weekend after 9 weeks in hospital. Yippee! My weight loss seems to have slowed down and I’ve lost a lb each week. I am on the home straight and getting close to my goal weight. I am still a daily weigher and it’s interesting to see how my weight is more erratic than it was not so long ago. It fluctuates more, which it didn’t really do until a few weeks ago. I’m managing to keep more food down and have actually managed salmon/chicken with salad. Still have odd days of being sick and can’t seem to work out why. I think it’s a lot of acid. I don’t get acid reflux but when I’m sick it seems quite acidic. I will discuss with my surgeon next week. Lots of people have noticed my weight loss now. I’m a lb away from 4.5 stone. I changed my profile picture on social media the other day and had many compliments. I’m now 12st 10 and have set my goal on here for 12st 7. In my head, I think my actual goal is 12 stone. I look too thin when I go under it, although psychologically it would be good to be just under to see the 11 something! I’m wondering if this is my body stabilising with the weight loss now. It seems early though as I’m only 4.5 months out. Would be interested to hear other experiences. Happy slimming everyone!
Really good news all round, it must be so ch a relief to have your son home, you really have done well in 4.5 months and should be very proud, I noticed you are fairly tall so I can imagine 12 stone would be fine for you and understand how being lower could make you look to thin and maybe ill, I can’t wait to eat salad, I’m really missing it xx

Fab news that your son is out of hospital and back home. You've done so well with yoru weight loss and to only be 4.5 months out. It will be so interesting to see if your weight loss stops where you want it too.

Weeks 19&20...
So glad your son is home and congratulations on the weight loss xxx

Back