• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary warts and all

Asking the surgeon's secretary and contacting him or her directly is a good idea. I am not at all surprised you got angry - as I've said before, you have every good reason to flare up.

It might even be worthwhile asking the name of the hospital manager, or whatever title is given to such a person. Ring that person, tell him/her what you've been through so far, and politely but firmly request the earliest possible date for that barium procedure.

Sometimes we have no alternative but to get mad, and to use that anger to force others to do right by us! xx

I'm sorry to hear that chick, can't believe the nerve of them! Get on the phone again and tell them you are making a formal complaint and want to speak to the top! If that doesn't work they must have a patient liaison nurse or phone your GP, he may have some way of contacting the surgeon or sectetary directly, you need to be seen ASAP.

You can't wait any longer in pain, it's not fair. The health profession is supposed to be there for a reason, you would never treat a patient like that, so dont let them get away with it!!! after taking your money, they should be jumping through hoops to sort it.

Ask your colleagues what to do about taking it further, you don't have to go that far, but can threaten it if it gets you seen

Good luck hon, thinking of you xxx

I just googled a few gastric band forums - patients post there - and many report similar experiences to yours. One lady says that if you paid privately and are not getting the help you need you should go to your own doctor or hospital and tell them you can't eat (or drink, either, if relevant). Tell them if you are suffering chronic daily pain and/or discomfort. She says being unable to eat etc. is serious enough to count as an emergency, and that they will treat you.

Thanks guys spoke to one ofour consultants and he said threaten them with the quality of care people I txt Judith who I seen at my consultation and said that basically I'm sorry I ever used THG and what had gone on and she said she would sort it out as urgent still not heard anything back :-( today I've had chicken soup 4 little yogurts and 2 milky coffees and I know I'm going to wake up in pain regret having it done now I should be on the journey to a happier me not getting more depressed xxx

So sorry your not well but do call them again I don't know what happens when you go private as I was lucky to get it on nhs but in my job I do transfer patients who go in as private and have complications in private hospitals and then transferred to nhs hospital but not had any weight loss patients all knee jobs or hips who have heart attacks on the table
But all the best and good luck

I have been booked for an x-ray on Thursday evening I have to take half a days holiday from work and travel to Manchester but hole they sort this out for me zxx

kellsbells said:
I have been booked for an x-ray on Thursday evening I have to take half a days holiday from work and travel to Manchester but hole they sort this out for me zxx

Aww bless you hope you get things sorted and some answers x

What an appalling service, I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through hon :( hope it goes well on Thursday. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you sweetie, best of luck! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you everybody your support is amazing I'm sorry I havnt been giving the same support but I really will and have still be reading all your posts your all doing so well so decided wether I have liquids only or normal/soft foods I'm still in pain so today I had for breakfast 5 oat cakes prob should have stopped at 4! With Philly I had some Tesco own ritz type crackers as an afternoon snack with Philly and for tea I had chicken pops with 100g of oven chips was about 5 chips lol but so nice I have also snacked in 2 muller Greek style yogurts slightly uncomfortable maybe I have eaten too much maybe it's just because I always seem to be in pain lately roll on tomorrow I've never looked forward to a barium meal and X-ray so much!! Keep your fingers crossed for me it's something simple love n hugs xxxxx

Ah always hon, been thinking about you but didn't want to worry you by bombarding you with messages, was going to text you tonight to wish you all the best tomorrow.
How do you feel with eating proper food today, Does it feel anymore comfortable? I think I've eaten too much today myself, feel a bit bloated and full. Bit of a greedy pig at tea!!! :)
Hope it all goes well tomorrow chick and you get the treatment you rightfully deserve, you've been through enough hon, so good luck, fingers crossed for you, I'll txt you tomorrow xxxx

Good luck for tomorrow hon, will be thinking of you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks guys just on our way to Manchester now X-ray isn't till 5:15 :-( thought I'd do a bit of shopping first :) xxxx

Back