• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon My gastric balloon journey starting 25/9/12

ginzeh

Well it's day before my procedure, getting nervous and thinking how am I going to feel, will it work, will it be easy, will I gag so much they can't do it lol and importantly of all, will I like a skinnier me?! I've already enquired about a breast uplift! lol. I'm looking forward to it all!

It cut off my text so ill continue...

So tonight my last normal size meal is roast lamb, I can smell it now mmmmm!

I'll use here to update everything even if no replies people can see someone's personal journey throughout with a gastric balloon and as I have the app on my phone ill update it constantly for something to do...moan and stuff lol.

I've noticed most threads people started aren't updated much and when you research gastric balloon there isn't an awful lot of experiences!

I currently weigh I think... 15st 3 (I've put on some since I booked in with pigging out!!!)

I was 14st 6lb!!

I'm short too only about 5ft!

I'll get weighed tomorrow no doubt do ill update my actual weight =)

Xxxccx

Hi Ginzeh:)

Hope it went ok with the balloon.. How are you getting on with it ???

Nicky xx

Well my actual weight is 14.8 so am pleased considering what I thought it was!

Well day night of balloon i have been on and off sleeping all day more asleep than awake lol and been vomiting regularly but not an awful lot, it's just liquid. My throat hurts also but don't really remember a thing thankfully but I must've of bitten my tongue as it
Really hurts! Ill update properly tomorrow I'm sure ill feel better xxx

Hi Ginzeh

How are you doing ??

Nickyss

Hi sorry for no replies been feeling very sicky. Probably worse than normal as I can't take the tablets prescribed as I can't take tabs anyway and have now givenup smoking!!! Day 4 and I think it's hunger pangs I'm getting had some fromage frais.

Haven't been properly sick for probably over a day now, I did get a bit dehydrated and fantasized about cold drinks lol. Going to have soup later!
Have had to get To normality now as my parents have to go back to work And my other half as my parents had my daughter the past five days

Xx

Oh dear. I do hope you feel better soon. xx

Hi hope u feel better soon,:). Could I just ask you a few questions because I'm planning on having the balloon next month?
What sort of things have you been eating?
Can you feel the balloon in you?
How's your throat?
Do you remember anything when having it done?
Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to find out as much as possible x

Aaaaww Ginzeh, hope you feel better soon...

Nicky xx

Hey peeps, update! I'm feeling kinda normal again now except the nicotine cravings but that's different!

I can't imagine how I felt the first 3/4 days! I'm moving to eating actual portions now.

Im sure feeling crap at the beginning will pay off tho! With my balloon as i live far away they didn't fill it to the usual 400 or something? So i have 300whatever lol. They done that incase I couldn't handle it! So I'm going to see about getting it filled already as my appitite is coming back, stuck to soups (cream of chicken mmmmm!) and fish pie/cottage pie (6tablespoons!) breakfast on the example sheet which is kinda going to be my diary says weetabix but I've tried it with no sugar and just can't do it! Today I had a banana and large glass of milk!

Snacks have been little pots of rice pudding or a kid size yoghurt!

Bought bran flakes for breakfast tomorrow love branflakes!!!

Aftercare been good they've rang me twice daily ever since and even consultant rang the day after!

I have to say I do feel hungry but I don't know if its cos I'm thinking to much...the stopped smoking thing like I just wanna pick cos I can't smoke etc. don't know whether to take smokin up until ive conquered the weight lol.

Done lots of walking today too, dropping and picking my daughter from playschool and to the shops, so I walked for around an hour today!

Lots of stuff babbled here lol thought I'd update now I feel ok!!! Going to get pampered tomorrow, nails redone, hair cut, eyebrows done and my eyelashes re done as past week I've gone off the wall with my beauty regime lol! I've not seen the boyfriend since Sunday, he saw me at my worse!! Ahhhh! Reunited tomorrow so ill look a bit glamourous lol

Xxx

and...LittleFairy123

No I can't feel the balloon, unless I'm laying on my front I can feel something but nothing major lol. My throats fine the day after it was back to normal! And all I think I can remember is gagging hard and them telling me to calm down ...! I was very sleepy after, everyone's different! I hate being sick so when I feel sick I'm awful! Plus I'm an idiot as I can't take tablets ...so I wasn't taking my meds til like day 3 they gave me dissolvable ones but the thought of em made me gag as I gag at everything haha. If I can do it and survive I think anyone can!!!!

Xxx

Hi ginzeh
im going for my consultaion with healthier weight tomorrow im hoping to get the re shape duo 6 month balloon its been realy interesting reading about you because i cant find much anywhere else !! what happened at the consultation ?? im most worried about the balloon going in the thought of having something stuck down my throat scares me as i gag at everything !! and the sickness is not the most appealing thing !!what is the diet after ? i heard its a week liquid and a week puree ? what are you eating ? so excited ive found someone going through it too i hope it works out well for you :D sorry for all the questions !!

hi Jade,

you wont remember about gagging or anything really, im awful for it if you read in my earlier posts, i gag at brushing my teeth really badly. i think they sedated me really well, i was very sleepy after too which im glad for so i slept through a lot of the sickyness and just awoke to be sick lol, everyones different though, if you do gag you wont remember!
you just sip water first 24hrs, then go on to fluids, juice etc then you just go step by step on how you feel, from day 4 i had soup etc and day 7 ive started on proper food now and omg, i feel so full up just from lunch time all i had was a bite of a sandwich as the shop had nothing snacky so my mum ate the rest after my little bite as i felt guilty and i had a pot of fruit, strawberries, grapes etc which i was still full up from til 7pm...i gave til 10pm and i ate my salad i made earlier on, i made salad with prawns, seafood sticks, egg, tomato, 2 tablespoons of dressing and onion! so so full up now its unbelieveable!! xxx

So glad to hear ginzeh!!!!! I'm booked in for tomorrow having the reshape duo I'm not sure if I'm nervous or excited!!!!!! I'm getting it done in Birmingham so leaving at 5am! You've made me feel a lot better thank you :) I hate needles so am now worried about being on the drip!!!!! AAAAAHH I just want it to be over with so I can start
Please keep me updated it'll really help knowing someone else is going through it!!

Haven't weighed myself properly still yet or joined gym, back to work tonight! Consultant ringing me tomorrow going to ask for a fill as I isn't get the usual amount of fill when i had it done, when I went to dr they said I'd lost just over a stone..I don't feel it don't know if there scale are crap lol
Been told my face and arms look slimmer tho! =) and my jeans feel comfier lol x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Ginzeh

Am glad to hear you are feeling better :) ..
Well done with the weight loss so far. I have stalled at the moment, have had 2 weeks off and have been pushng it a little, eating and drinking far too much without restriction :confused: ..
But.. good news i havent put any on but had a week and half of staying the same ..

Has ljade been on since her balloon fitted ??
i hope she is ok.

Nicky x

Back