• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon My gastric balloon journey starting 25/9/12

hi ginzeh, i also had a balloon done over a year ago and i have been shouting through words at how terrible nucleus are and for people NOT to get a balloon done!! i dont know if you read my posts earlier in response to you. they have indeed gone into administration. i got my balloon removed on oct 22nd and on the thursday 25th the whole comnpany was closed down and was offically in administration!! thank god i got my ballooon out just in time. well i had been trying to claim my money back but they have seemingly got away without having to give me my money back!! fuming!!

so i called this firm that is dealing with giving money back to the creditors (including us patients) and she said its unlikely we will get any money back as there is no money to give!! by the sounds of it they were very much in debt and owe money to everyone and his mother!! (i have defo learnt a lesson in life here!!)

i have also been advised that the credit company that we have the finance with is a seperate finance company so the contract that i have with them is still valid and i will have to pay them. however i am going to call them ad see if there is any way posible that i can get out of this, maybe they hadnt paid nucleus the loan money, i am wishing on a star but this is unlikely to have happened too.

ginzeh - the lady from BM advisory told me that current balloon patients with them in are being dealt with and they are looking for alternate help for you, so i would suggest you call them and they should be able to advise you more. they girl was very helpful.

also i see that you are struggling with losing weight unfortunately if you refer to my other posts this does happen. the balloon is absolutely rubbish in my opinion and i would advise anybody else to NOT GET THE BALLOON IF YOU WANT TO SAVE YOURSELF FROM UTTER DISAPPIONTMENT.

thank you suzy for posting those possible sources of help i will be looking into those myself.

i am sure this Dr Emmanuel Srivastava has plenty of money and i am going to be looking into seeking him out privately and slapping a civil claim on his lap!!

hi suzy i have just seen you are considering getting a balloon my honest and frank advice is please dont!!

you have to diet extremely hard the balloon is supposed to be a 'tool' and this is what the healthcare providers say when you dont loose much weight when in fact the balloon is non-exisitent.

you may as well just save money and go to Weight watchers or slimming world and really try hard on a diet as the balloon doesnt help at all. people that have lost weight have lost it by excercising and dieting to the max, so if you think about it logivally, was the balloon actually involved in their success.........NO. The diet and excercise is the sole reason for any weight loss.

the balloon is hardly used by many healthcare providers and i thought before it was because it was new but now i think its because its rubbish, it doesnt have a good success rate because of its lack of presence.

i know this sounds like a bitter account from someone whom it has not worked for but i honestly dont want people to feel like i did, utterly upset emotional and disaapointed in myself!! i had the guilt of making my partner fork out £5000 on a finance plan for me to lose weight and for it to fail :(

i just want people to think long and hard about the pros and cons and see that the cons list is extremely long.

lastly ginzeh - i feel for you and what your going through right now xx

hi suzy i have just seen about you being in oz and the terrible side effects of the obera, the spatz gives you awful awful wind, you cant stop burping and farting sometimes and it smells AWFUL!!

i would say you may be being a guinea pig for a Dr but paying for it? he is testing out a product on you that he doesnt know that much about and he is pioneering it in Oz when it looks like it hasnt been doing very well at all in europe and the UK.

please please please i cannot stress enough of how much you need to think about the success rates which are low.

if you really want to look into a weight loss solution maybe you should look at one of the more successful and longstanding procedures, they may be more invasive but they normally offer better results xx

I read last week about an Irish hospital or clinic that went into administration, leaving patients high and dry. I will try to track-down the website. One thing that was suggested to the Irish lady worried sick about having to pay the rest of the finance was that the surgeon who performed her op might be liable to continue her treatment as an individual and not as part of the group that went bust. She was advised seek advice from the Ethics Committee that regulates the professional conduct of surgeons (in her case, in Ireland). Ethics Committees, they said, have the power to require any surgeon or doctor to continue to treat a patient because they have a duty to do so. Might be worth looking into, if all else fails. Good luck! I hope you get at least a halfway decent result x

Hi, after over a month fighting am not entitled to anything from anyone and have had to pay out another £1000 just for a fill of the balloon, been very depressed recently and have had no weightloss whatsoever. I am hoping with this new company they'll give me what I need! I am so upset I've wasted £5000 on the company before for nothing, still will have to pay to have it removed in September too! =( I am praying this company is good and WON'T go bust either!!!! They've been great and helped me and agreed to take me on at a reduced price, usually fill is £1600! Thanks for ur comments, Credit card, namely barclay card, no one English on the phones to understand what the hell I'm on about had to go in the bank and demand to be seen and sent Papers, papers took 2 weeks to arrive to make a claim but as it's "cosmetic" am not able to get any money back. As for the finance loan which was thru the hospital and money directly to them am still having to pay although my services haven't been met with what I'm paying for, administrators for the hospital cannot give me any money back as hospital has none. Have gone directly to surgeon who inserted balloon and not heard anything for 3 weeks and rang today apparently will ring me yet again, but will not pursue rest of the service! Thought I'd update x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Also NHS England won't help me etc although if I was welsh and lived in Wales I'd be covered by welsh nhs law. As I'm English it doesn't apply to me, been to my gp and they've contacted pct and to no avail. No one is trained apparently have no equipment either! =( *cry* I feel oh so very low with my weight and amount of debt this has all left me with! I was unhappy, fat. But no debt now am ...fat very unhappy and in debt! =(

Ginzeh ive just been reading whats happened,,, who did u get it done originally with ? and who has done the fill.
I feel ive started to let myself down i lost 2 stone and then went on a weekend away and since then i feel i can eat more and im not sticking to it as much. im too scared to weigh myself but you have put me back on track today !! im going to go and get scales tomorrow and start biking again.
Lets do it together !!! youll be so much happier when you start to see a result !!!

Hey, well done on 2 stone! I've lost I feel like nothing but clothes feel better.
I originally had it done with nucleus, having fill with national obesity surgery centre in Manchester!

I'm so hoping it works this time around, I'm having full 700! I only have 300 now! =(
I joined gym and spent £200 on a pt so after fill which is 5th jan, I'm getting on it baby!!! Lol xx

Update; finance company are cancelling agreement and refunding me the £600 I've paid so far!!! Just hope credit card people give me some back! =)

Hi Ginzeh

I am glad you have managed to get some money back.. I hope the fill goes ok and you start to lose weight with balloon again.

Nicky xx

hi ginzeh how did you get the finance company to pay the money back as i have a loan with them for the failed balloon op too. did they pay nucleus the money already or had nucleus not recieved any money from them etc x

Back