• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Gastric Bypass Journey -Onwards and Upwards-Well this is a start

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooo consultant called me back, and it is the solpadol he says I shouldn't of taken these for various reasons, one being you shouldn't take these after gall bladder removal, which I have had, and I shouldn't of taken the due to being on strong antidepressents and thirdly one of the main reasons is becasue of having the bypass........

Shel you are right he says I will be bruised and swollen, and that I need to rest, for the next few days I need to go back onto mushy foods, as it is rather tender..........if i am still getting the pain by Monday, Tuesday then he wants me to call him and he will take me in on Thursday and use the camera to go in and see if all is ok...... he says it will take a few days to heal.

Thanks for looking it up for me!!!!

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooo consultant called me back, and it is the solpadol he says I shouldn't of taken these for various reasons, one being you shouldn't take these after gall bladder removal, which I have had, and I shouldn't of taken the due to being on strong antidepressents and thirdly one of the main reasons is becasue of having the bypass........

Shel you are right he says I will be bruised and swollen, and that I need to rest, for the next few days I need to go back onto mushy foods, as it is rather tender..........if i am still getting the pain by Monday, Tuesday then he wants me to call him and he will take me in on Thursday and use the camera to go in and see if all is ok...... he says it will take a few days to heal.

Thanks for looking it up for me!!!!

glad youve been given an answer quickly Mandy. Just try to take it easy now for the next day or two. Hope you feel better soon chick x

OMG did you fall over with shock when he phoned or were you already sitting down hehe. Glad you know what it is, now you can rest and take it esay, and hopefully it will rectify its self. Hope you are ok other wise.

Oh Mandy how horrible for you! Take care and feel better. (((Hugs)))

I was in shock when he called have to say........ but he was great!!!!!!!

Tell you what has made me think twice about taking medication............ will now start to research them more........ what makes me laugh in many ways is you can only get them from the gp you think he would of relised as he is the one who prescribes my sleeping tab and anti depressent and he knows about gall bladder and bypass........

Have phoned the surgery too..... and left message for gp!!!! and Michael says he will write to my gp too.......

so looks like a weekend of doing not alot....... but resting........ mind you I have started to do the collecting little house on praire, I loved that series..(I know how sad) well looks like I can start watching it this weekend

I am so glad you heard back and are on the mend.

Glad that's sorted Mandy :)

Whats the reason associated with the bypass? Solpadol is basically co-codamol (brand name) and I've not been told to avoid that.

Not sure, I think it depends whihc one you get shell!!!! i know the one i get you can only get on prescription.... will email and as him.... see what he comes back with

Poor you Mand you have been through the mill, glad you got it sorted now chick. As for still seeing a "fat person" when you look in the mirror that is something that will come in time when you work on your self esteem, after all you have been through its bound to come out somewhere else....but trust me been there done that and you will get through and change how you feel....((hugs))...xx

Hi Mandy,
Sorry I've not been on minis for a bit but I've been busy making bookings for the wedding. I just read your thread. I can't believe that your GP didn't consider that you'd had a bypass etc when he prescrbed the tablets. How are you now? It must have been terrible.
Take care of yourself xx

Hi guys, well have to say spent weekend not doing very much, on saturday did some shopping, then blitzed Jordons bedroom god it felt so good.......

Then Sunday spent the day cooking, made homemade sausage rolls and cheese and onion ones, and then made a bread and butter pudding for hubby along with cooking a lovely meal..... i loved every minute of it!!!!!

Was great fun.......... I have still had a lot of discomfort but have to say been getting there with it!!!!!!

Hope everyone is well

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend just emailed me she has got us tickets to go and see PINK woooooooooooooohoooooooooo it's fantastic news............. min dyou not going till 23/10/09 but at least we got tickets

Just catching up with your journal and bloody hell Mandy, you don't do things by halves do you.

Glad you are on the mend :)

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend just emailed me she has got us tickets to go and see PINK woooooooooooooohoooooooooo it's fantastic news............. min dyou not going till 23/10/09 but at least we got tickets

I love Pink, am very jealous!

Imagine how skinny you will be by then hun!

oooooh so jealous! I love Pink too!

Back