• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Gastric Bypass Journey

An amazing story, thanks for sharing with us all :) welcome to minis
alia the days i struggle getting my 6 meals in i make sure i have a milky coffee instead just to bump up my protein.

An amazing story, thanks for sharing with us all :) welcome to minis
alia the days i struggle getting my 6 meals in i make sure i have a milky coffee instead just to bump up my protein.

Thats a great idea, I love milky coffees. I'm still really struggling to get everything in as I just don't feel hungry at all and have a tight feeling thats making me feel full all the time and I don't want to push anything. I asked my daughter to get me half a weetabix with semi skimmed milk last night and she brought me a whole one and I was able to just eat the half i wanted and leave the rest. Something inside was telling me to eat it but I was able to resist. Something I'd never have done prior to my surgery

goodmorning! have u taken your vitamins??????????? take them with food, otherwise you loose out on the full value!:17729:

Thank you for sharing, your story made me cry. I also have a little boy, he is 22mnths and I have been waiting for WLS since 2005 but then I fell pregnant also. Yesterday I took a 3 hour train journey to Taunton, as Cornwall PCT stopped performing WLS down here last year and now refer all their patients. I was expecting more hurdles, more hoops to jump through but to my amazement the surgein said he is happy to do my bypass and I will get an appointment date within 11 weeks. IM SO EXCITED AND SCARED all at once Im not sure what to do with myslef!!
Thanks again
Sxxxx

Great news Sassy :)

Thank you for sharing, your story made me cry. I also have a little boy, he is 22mnths and I have been waiting for WLS since 2005 but then I fell pregnant also. Yesterday I took a 3 hour train journey to Taunton, as Cornwall PCT stopped performing WLS down here last year and now refer all their patients. I was expecting more hurdles, more hoops to jump through but to my amazement the surgein said he is happy to do my bypass and I will get an appointment date within 11 weeks. IM SO EXCITED AND SCARED all at once Im not sure what to do with myslef!!
Thanks again
Sxxxx

oh wow I'm so pleased for you. I really think I have found the answer to all my problems after a life time battle. Fingers crossed it will be the same for you. I'll be looking out for posts from you after you surgery so I can be one of the many that are here who can offer you support. Congratulations!!

goodmorning! have u taken your vitamins??????????? take them with food, otherwise you loose out on the full value!:17729:

lol missy, your the little voice in my ear telling me to take my vitamins haaa :eek:

well today is my first day feeling a bit crap. Can't put my finger in whats wrong, just not feeling right. Food wise everything went well today and the District Nurse came and advised that all my staples be removed so I took her advice. She said not to worry about the fluid coming out, she did say what it was but I can't remember. I'm just hoping that when she comes tomorrow and takes the dressings off to see how its going that everything is still together.

I'm feeling so exhausted, maybe cause its the first day I've been downstairs all day and not had a nap or rest during the day. Just been sitting watching tv and watching my baby with a friend who has donated her services to help with the baby till I'm fit again, God Bless her

Hi Alia,

Sorry to hear you're not having a good day. It happens post op, the recovery process is hard on your body and every so often you'll get a bad day. Take it easy and hope you feel better today :hug99:

Good morning all.

I've woken up this morning feeling much better, its amazing what a good nights sleep will do. I'm waiting for the district nurse to come out and look at my scar so I can see if its all holding together after my staples were took out yesterday. I'm dying to have a shower but was given strict orders by the district nurse not to get the scar wet so I'm hoping today that I can twist her arm and she'll let me take a shower, I hate feeling so grungy.

glad you had a good night a feel better today. Nothing worse thn not being able to have a shower. My son is going stir crazy at the moment as since his accident 9 days ago hes not been able to have a shower.
take it easy and go with what yr body tells you
take care
HC

Evening all, I had a much better day today although today was the first day where I eat something and I had a bad reaction and ended up being sick (very painful so soon after surgery). I ate mushed up beans with 1 egg all mushed up. I had 3 spoons of it and seemed fine. Must have been 30 mins later that I had a small mouthful of milk and a few mins later had some water. Seemed then like the egg was stuck and the drink was n't going down so I ended up being sick but felt much better afterwards. To be on the safe size I'm going to stay off the eggs for a while although I'm pretty sure it was cause of the fluid I had so soon after eating them. Is there any one else that has trouble with eggs who has had a Gastric Bypass

Hi Alia,

I'm fine with eggs. Everyone's different though :)

The main cause of problems at your stage isn't the actual food though, it's the eating. You should be aiming to take bites the size of a pencil-top-rubber and chew till liquid. It should take you a long time to eat anything!

Shel

I followed shels advice and it worked for me, everytime I put something into my mouth I think of shel's rubber lol...xx

Hi Alia,

I'm fine with eggs. Everyone's different though :)

The main cause of problems at your stage isn't the actual food though, it's the eating. You should be aiming to take bites the size of a pencil-top-rubber and chew till liquid. It should take you a long time to eat anything!

Shel

Thanks for that advice, I've always had a problem with chewing my food enough and eating far to quickly.. I'll be thinking of the rubber from now on :p

Just remember, if you're foods still warm by the time you finish, you're eating too fast!

Back