• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My hubby all too enthusiastic...

ldavidson84

to inject me after my op to prevent the blood clots :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anybody else's partner jump at the chance of this? Should i worry that he wants to inject me :D

There is no way i could do it to myself but he offered only to quickly for my liking :8855::8855::8855:

He will have to catch me first:bliss:

Well I had em queueing up to inject me :eek: 1 hubby and 2 sons all eager to stab me with a hyperdermic......do you think they are trying to tell me something lol XX

I don't like this thread !! I hate needles and I am ignoring that I have to have injections post-op.

I am also looking into B12 lozenges that melt under your tongue and apparently are absorbed as well as a jab is - heres hoping lol.

Angela

I too hate needles and am dreading it, but it will be worth it.

I do think my hubby will enjoy stabbing me tho :D

They are Clexane injections that you have when you have surgery, they are to prevent blood clots. You usually have to have them for a few days when you come home depending on how long you are in hospital. I had to have them for 6 weeks altogether but thats only because Id had 5 DVT's in the past. They are tiny, dont worry! :D XX

Husband offered but I could see the evil grin on his face...lol
So I did them myself,you hardly feel a thing if like me you pinch your fat tummy and just shove it in x

Hi guys..i wouldn't let my other half near me...
i am used to injections because of the insulin...but can i ask a question..
how many days did you have to inject yourself for,and was in once a day????
thank ladies(and gents!)

My best friend did the one the night before my op and hubby did them after for 10 days.
They don't hurt when it goes in but it stings after a couple of seconds after.:eek::eek:
He always said sorry just after the injection but boy did I play on it ;):D

Hi guys..i wouldn't let my other half near me...
i am used to injections because of the insulin...but can i ask a question..
how many days did you have to inject yourself for,and was in once a day????
thank ladies(and gents!)

Lisa, I had them for 5 days after going home and only 1 a day.

My hubby tried, I flipped out and we went to a local walk in centre once a day afterwards! I told him quite politely he was welcome to spend a few years qualifying as a nurse if he wanted to inject me.

Then I fell pregnant, and due to a health condition had to have the same injections every day for 9 months :eek: I can't self inject, selfish hubby still hadn't been to med school so it was off to my gp, the walk in centre or the dvt team every single day.

I am absolutely fine with those and the b12 so long as a nurse or doctor is doing them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back