• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My hubby all too enthusiastic...

I will have them once a day for 21 days,cos my surgeon does not use surgical stockings during or after surgery.Small pricks have never bothered me,its the big ones that hurt......

I had a months supply to do. My hubby did most of them till i got to the last week or so and then i wanted to do it myself....

The trick pre oppers is this :

1. Put your hand under your fatty overhang/apron and gently raise the excess fat.

2. Put the edge of the 'clicker' on your skin and push.

Do not squeeze the fat and do not rub after...

I'm hoping that as I have to do my bloods every day with a syringe, I should be ok with things like this.

I did my own, no way way was cack-handed OH going anywhere near me....but honestly guys, they really aren't anything to get worked up over, they are the tiniest & thinest of needles, so easy to use, pinch an inch & stab, didn't even hurt going in!

Why's that Jacqui?
I was under ammori and they never mentioned about doing the jabs in certain areas...just being nosey x

Ive no idea lol....when they came to do my jabs I got my tummy out as Ive had them before and the nurse said Mr Ammori doesnt like you to do them in your tum! Just one of his "rules" she said :D What about you Bev? XX

My husband wont want to do them but my son might want a go! Ill be doing mine in my thigh, I found it stung less there than in my tummy. I had to do them for about 6 months once.

Me and hubby both having bypass next Monday so we'll be stabbing each other!

Ive no idea lol....when they came to do my jabs I got my tummy out as Ive had them before and the nurse said Mr Ammori doesnt like you to do them in your tum! Just one of his "rules" she said :D What about you Bev? XX

lol, I was told to do it in my tummy as apparently the Clexane was absorbed better in adipose tissue....I love it that they all say something totally different! The first injection I got given in hospital they did in my arm & I had the hugest bruise you've ever seen, yet they didn't bruise when I put them in my tummy, weird huh?!

I have a months worth too. My Hubby tried doing them but got so panicky his hands were shaky. My sister did a few and was really good. I am doing the rest myself. I find next to the belly button on the left hand side if you lift the hold a little of the fatty part the needle goes in with no pain whatsoever. Sometimes the fluid going in stings a little. I prefer the click needles the hospital gave me but the pharmacy does not do the same ones. How long do you have to wear your surgical stockings. My last week of them next week! Yay! Xx

Back