• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey in pics - updated with months 7-12

top_kat

Photo 1 - this was taken on our holiday In June 2012 - the holiday which really was the final straw of me returning home and calling to book my consultation

Photo 2, 3 and 4 - taken 19th August 4 days before my Op on august 23rd. At this point I was at 24 stone.

(going to post November pics in next post)

Attachments

• Rome 1 small.jpg
    Rome 1 small.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 646
  • 19th aug 3 SMALL.jpg
    19th aug 3 SMALL.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 597
  • 19th aug 4  SMALL.jpg
    19th aug 4 SMALL.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 581
  • 19th aug 7 SMALL.jpg
    19th aug 7 SMALL.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:
These photos were taken November 14th - just under 12 weeks post op

at this point I was 276lb (and had lost just over 4 stone)

Attachments

• 14th Nov 2  SMALL.jpg
    14th Nov 2 SMALL.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 493
  • 14th Nov 3  SMALL.jpg
    14th Nov 3 SMALL.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 455
  • 14th November SMALL.jpg
    14th November SMALL.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 469
Wow u can really tell a difference. Well done. I can't wait to have my surgery but I'm still in the initial stages. You look much younger also from the initial pik to what u are now. Well done

What a fab difference in four months - well done.

These photos were taken December 21st going out for my Works Christmas Meal.

I had lost another 1 and a half stone (so 5 1/2 stone since the first pics) so at 18 stone 7.

(excuse the toilet roll showing in one LOL it was the only room light enough to get the photos to show properly)

Attachments

• Dec 21 2012 9 SMALL.jpg
    Dec 21 2012 9 SMALL.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 496
  • Dec 21 2012 7 SMALL.jpg
    Dec 21 2012 7 SMALL.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 476
  • Dec 21 2012  10 SMALL.jpg
    Dec 21 2012 10 SMALL.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 462
  • Dec 21 2012  5 SMALL.jpg
    Dec 21 2012 5 SMALL.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 479
And here we are . . .a picture taken Xmas Day.

5 1/2 stone lighter, 16 weeks post band op.

Now I HATE having my photos taken, so having these and even sharing these is a huge thing for me, but when we went out for our works Christmas dinner everyone commented on the huge difference. Mainly because it was the first time that I'd worn a tighter fitting top (I've still been lounging in ones 2-3 sizes too big!)

Attachments

• Dec 25 2012 2.jpg
    Dec 25 2012 2.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 556
Wow Kat, amazing! I wish I had taken photos like this, only got facial pics, but will have to post ..... once i know how to lol xx

I still struggle to see the difference when I see myself in a mirror. When my son took the ones before I went out for work, I couldn't actually believe the difference when I put them onto my laptop.

My head couldn't get around the fact that I was heading out in a top that I had not worn for almost 6 years but had kept cos I bought it and it cost me a fortune lol and I was heading out in trousers that were 5 sizes smaller than I was in 4 months before.

I am still wearing daily clothes which are still 2-4 sizes too big, I just can't get my head to catch up with my body, so when i put on the outfit to go out in, I was shocked that it fitted, but it was the first time I had looked in a full length mirror and couldn't believe the visual difference.

Its also the first time I looked in the mirror without clothes, and it made me feel ill to see the loose skin which I already have at the top of my legs, but thats another post and an issue for the future. . . .

Hi Kat, I totally get the issue with the loose skin! I am seeing it in areas I haven't seen for years...lol. However you are a lot younger than me... and I think I am ok with this, well so far, as is my partner. Yet if I am totally honest, I think in time to come I would like to be rid of all this excess skin. Do you know if having gone private for the op would we be eligible for NHS funding for removal of excess skin? xx

I honestly don't know. It wasn't something that I even really thought of to be honest, I know that I will have some around my stomach due to the size I was, but my legs weren't overly big (even the lady at the gym commented on that), but its at the very top of my thighs that the skin is incredibly noticeable. I think I noticed it more cos I went swimming this weekend (my pet hate but something I want to start doing) and it was then I really noticed it, and realised that there isn't anyway that I will be able to wear a normal swimming costume and that even as I get smaller, it will have to be a swim dress. The skin at the top of my thighs is just just awful :(

My GP laughed when I approached them regarding looking into WLS . . .god knows what they will be like if I approach them for anything like this in the future . . .

Kat, you look absolutely amazing, and must be so proud. Well done hunni.
Xxx

you are doing so well, and have really shown through your regular posts/pics that working with your band, rather than relying on it is key to your success. proof indeed that great success can be achieved for us banders just as any other wls procedure. very inspiring topkat to potential/new/existing banders alike. heres to you achieving your 2013 goals too :D x

Oh wow you're doing great hon, it really shows :) well done!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you everyone :)

Michelle - thank you for your words. I actually came on today to remove my thread as I am such a photo hater that I thought what on earth got in to me to post them up LOL

My band has made me think - I am still very aware that I have a long way to go, not only with the weight loss but changing the way I eat. Christmas has shown me that I still could if I allowed myself, to eat the way I used to . . .that sometimes the will power will go and that I have to made a conscious decision to stop myself. I know that if I had a packet of biscuits, I'd still eat them all and that just having one is at the moment, still not the way my mind goes. But then I'm battling against 30+ years of eating habits that got me into this mess.

In the past week - I wished I had a band around my mouth LOL and also around my head which squeezed out the thoughts of "just one" and the eating habits from all those years.

Oh Kat you look amazing x

Wish i dare share my fotos, maybe one day who knows x x

You look amazing, I haven't even had any photos taken since the op as I still feel so big, but according to the scales I've lost 5.5 stone since end of July. Maybe if I brave it I'll see a difference.

Looking fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing and it would be great if you kept sharing over your journey :) I intend to share my pictures once I've had a procedure.

As far as I can gather getting loose skin removed on the NHS is virtually impossible. I am already thinking about this now. Some PCTs even get you to agree/sign before hand that you will not be eligible for loose skin removal :( When I saw the psychologist she said this during my assessment and she also included it in the report (that I had been made aware there would be no funding for loose skin removal post any weight loss surgery). I've started saving already and any money I got for Christmas is going straight into the loose skin removal savings account! Also, when the time comes I will have to see if I can get some finance as I won't be able to save the huge amounts needed as not much disposable income after paying all the bills...

Anyway, you're doing very well and you should be proud x x x

Back