• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey in pics - updated with months 7-12

You look fantastic, well done Kat

Thank you everyone :)

Michelle - thank you for your words. I actually came on today to remove my thread as I am such a photo hater that I thought what on earth got in to me to post them up LOL

My band has made me think - I am still very aware that I have a long way to go, not only with the weight loss but changing the way I eat. Christmas has shown me that I still could if I allowed myself, to eat the way I used to . . .that sometimes the will power will go and that I have to made a conscious decision to stop myself. I know that if I had a packet of biscuits, I'd still eat them all and that just having one is at the moment, still not the way my mind goes. But then I'm battling against 30+ years of eating habits that got me into this mess.

In the past week - I wished I had a band around my mouth LOL and also around my head which squeezed out the thoughts of "just one" and the eating habits from all those years.

the photos are great. a reminder of your achievement. glad you didnt remove them,

i am not sure if the bad habits built up over a lifetime will ever fully go. i cannot have "just the one" ... and can still eat lots of chocolates, biscuits, etc ... and sometimes i do...its how you deal with those times thats important...and for me having the band has changed my attitude/perspective. i know realistically that there are going to be the odd days like that and my head understands that, and now doesnt give in to feeling down about it and then self-saboutaging. moderation / overall balance helps me enjoy life more while maintaining the losses.

keep the losses, honest threads and piccis coming :)

Kat, what a difference ...well done you! Keep up the good work hon, it's definitely showing, you look great!!!! :)

Oh wow you're taking shape beautifully! Good on you and keep it up :) xx

Thank you everyone :)

Michelle - you're so right. Its that learning how to deal with it that I'm trying to do at the moment, changing the mindset along with those eating habits :) x

woahhh! these pics are amazing! youre an inspiration to me (as always) well done!!

xx

Wow you look amazing, what a fantastic result in such a short time - thank you it's truly inspirational too see and read your posts which are always so positive x

Good luck for 2013 and may the loses keep coming for you x

Well how did I miss this post!!!! oh I know because you are shrinking WOW well done hun you are doing fantastic, please keep the photos on they are inspirational you can see so much difference in such a short time. xxx

brilliant ! Well done !!

Looking fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing and it would be great if you kept sharing over your journey :) I intend to share my pictures once I've had a procedure.

As far as I can gather getting loose skin removed on the NHS is virtually impossible. I am already thinking about this now. Some PCTs even get you to agree/sign before hand that you will not be eligible for loose skin removal :( When I saw the psychologist she said this during my assessment and she also included it in the report (that I had been made aware there would be no funding for loose skin removal post any weight loss surgery). I've started saving already and any money I got for Christmas is going straight into the loose skin removal savings account! Also, when the time comes I will have to see if I can get some finance as I won't be able to save the huge amounts needed as not much disposable income after paying all the bills...

Anyway, you're doing very well and you should be proud x x x

Thank you - I haven't had my WLS via the NHS tho as I've gone private - it has been suggested (and something I will look into more nearer the time) that it maybe possible to have the skin removed on the NHS, had I had wls on the NHS then this would be a no.

But, speaking to my provider about it today, actually made me realise a bit more, that its something I will perhaps consider, despite my fear of going under anaesthetic . .. in the meantime, I've still got lots of lbs to lose :)

topkat ... i said i would never have any more elective surgery after had my band ... but i then decided to have a little bit of 'work' .... i ummmmed and ahhhhhd for months about whether or not to have it, because it wasnt for health reasons ... however i am SOOO happy that i did have done what i had done, because the feeling of satisfaction it gives me, makes me happy ... and if feeling happy isnt part of feeling healthy, i dont know what is :rolleyes: just take your time to weigh up your options and do what you feel is right.

image-3314673338.jpg

3 stone gone 16 weeks,,,,,a bit chuffed today,wanted to sharexxxxxx ruby

Attachments

• image-3063131486.jpg
    image-3063131486.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 158
I think you look amazing kat!! You have done extremely well, and so glad you didnt remove the pictures they are inspirational.. I agree with flutterby about the cosmetic surgery. I have been pretty lucky with the loose skin issues but have already paid my deposit for a breast uplift and enlargement, as it will give me something to keep me going to goal knowing I am going to have this procedure at the end of it, and also will just make me feel better about my own body. It's also my way of rewarding myself after all the struggle and sacrifice that the bypass has brought, along with the weight loss.. But once again I think you have done so well!! Congratulations xxx

Loops, I don't think I should have put my picture there ? Sorry girls for the mix up x rubyred15

What picture are you talking about Ruby???

OH oh!! It's okay scratch that last post!! Have just seen the pictures lol....

Didn't even notice the lack of a shoe Ruby!! But did notice the weight loss and how great you are looking!! xxx

Back