• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey in pics - updated with months 7-12

Didn't even notice the lack of a shoe Ruby!! But did notice the weight loss and how great you are looking!! xxx

Thank,you Amanda,,,,,,,you look pretty good too Hun,x at Christmas and into new year I said to my family, I'm going to fail at this? I'm too old ,,,,,,,,,,,56. I've left it too late, but today I'm happy I took the step. I'm seeing a result,,,,for all those guys and gals out there, who may have any doubts? Go for it,,, if I can get results anybody can ?, and the support I have had on the sight has been fantastic,,,,,,A Big Hugg to everybody. Xxxxxxxxxxxx thanks guys

Thank you - I've got to update though LOL I'm now 9 months in . . .really must do that lol

WOW

What a difference, you looks years younger. Can I ask if you had any mobility problems before, and if yes, how it has improved? Thanks.

What a difference, you looks years younger. Can I ask if you had any mobility problems before, and if yes, how it has improved? Thanks.

Thank you - I've lost a further almost 4 stone since the last pic was taken and down a good few more dress sizes!

Mobility problems only in the fact that I was so large that it was hard work, I still walked lots etc but got out of breath, I couldn't do what I did on hols last week walking for ages along the beach or over the dunes, or even running up them. I didn't however suffer from difficulties moving around, although at the time just before surgery at my heaviest, I did find it hard to get up and down out of certain chairs.

I've just realised I've not uploaded any photos for ages.

So here are some from my phone that my son took (and a couple when I was in a changing room at the Gym and in Monsoon lol)

So

Here are the first five.

First is in February - 7 stone down

Second one is face shot only taken in march (will find and update the ones from my camera as a comparison to the earlier ones)

3 and 4 were taken in early April - 7.5 stone down

5 was taken at the end of April when I'd lost 8 stone!

Attachments

• feb13.jpg
    feb13.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 206
  • March 13.JPG
    March 13.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 192
  • April 13.jpg
    April 13.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 216
  • April13.jpg
    April13.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 225
  • EndApril.jpg
    EndApril.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 214
And then we have these.

Face shot from june 2013 when I was not far off 9 stone down

And the final one in the blue dress taken in August, I was out shopping and for the first time ever had gone into Monsoon,

I don't do short dresses but I tried the blue dress on, and fell in love with it. And as I had just hit 10 stone down, I bought it . . .left the shop chuffed with my dress even though my bank balance didn't appreciate being over £100 poorer, but it really shows how much I've changed.

I'm putting next to it the photo that was my inspiration to lose weight . . .the final "push"

I then of course put on 11lb during the time out in August, but have now lost this, but will take photos next week at my 13 month anniversary and cos its my birthday. . .

Attachments

• june13.JPG
    june13.JPG
    359 KB · Views: 186
  • aug13.jpg
    aug13.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Rome 1 small.jpg
    Rome 1 small.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 174
Here tho in a post are the first shot from my holiday in Rome in 2012, the trip up the Colosseum was my final straw!

Here I weighed in at 24 stone. My trousers in this pic are a size 34/36

2ql4l10.jpg

And here is the most recent pic I had from the dress buying in monsoon, 14 stone, size 18 dress (although I had bought tops that were a 14, monsoon I find are rather small lol)

11ipswn.jpg

Last edited:
Wow staggering difference, love the dress :)

Wow kat,,,you look amazing ,,, well done you ,love monsoon clothes,,,,, you look a diferent girl now,,congrats on your achievement,,, Good luck on the next step of your journey,,,,,cant wait to see those pictures. Wow fantastic. !!!!!! Xxx ruby

Kat you look fab, well done. Can I just ask do you have any problems with excess skin?

Yes, Kaz, I have considerable problems with it to be honest.

I have it around the top of my arms, although that doesn't seem to overly bother me as I've always covered them anyway.

I've got incredibly saggy "boobs" as I've dropped several sizes too.

But the worst is the top of my thighs, and my stomach. If I didn't have it all around my stomach then I'd probably fit into trousers at least 2 sizes smaller. It overhangs drastically, but I've now started to have problems with severe itching, especially where my c-section scar was. It is also giving me real lower back pain and also, makes it hard now that I've taken up running.

The area around the top and also my inner thighs is also particularly bad, and not getting too personal around the "personal" area too -

I am going to approach my doctor about it though, because the itching is getting quite bad and sore, but if I approach them now so its all logged I am hoping that I may even be able to apply for plastics via the NHS as I had my surgery private.

But yes, unfortunately there is a lot there. I didn't think it would bother me when I started, but it does. My stomach/thigh area would be the areas I would get done first, followed by boobs and arms. Although now that I've just lost the weight I put on while I was on holiday, I've noticed that the skin around my neck and chin is also getting really noticeable and while I've never really had a chin or a neck, now there's definition there, I am left being able to see just how saggy it all is :(

I have to say, the loose skin is quite difficult for me to get my head around, on the one hand I'm slimmer, healthier etc etc, but there's still such a level of self loathing because of how its leaving me.

Oh Hun you look fantastic! You have done so well and you've only got yourself to thank for it - you've worked so hard. Fingers crossed for the funding for loose skin removal.

I totally feel your skin pain but want you to know you look beautiful in that blue dress xx

I would never have said the lady in the blue dress was the same woman!!! Holy cow what a difference a year makes. You look fantastic Kat well done x

I showed the two pictures side by side to my son last night - he was like WOW - he actually couldn't believe the difference and how different I looked. I think cos he sees me everyday so has seen me reduce, you kind of don't notice it so much.

My aunt who also knows about my band, said "I didn't realise you were that big!" and looking at the photo now, seeing myself how I was, I can't believe I even dared to go out looking like that :(

But, I will NOT ever look like that again!

Thank you everyone for your posts - this board has been such a great support. And I hope as I still battle to find restriction that I will get there . . .

Back