• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts today

Time to be free

So I have just today filled and sent off my forms for wls in Brussels . A potential date has been give to me of August 4th . As soon as pressed the send button this evening at 646pm I have had the most crazy terrible anxiety and am soooooo sooooo scared. I have 2 beautiful boys and a loving husband, I now need to do my part in our family and try and bring back the wife and mother that used to smile, laugh, enjoy life , look sexy for her hubby and healthy for her kids. I want to find the lost me who somehow got forgetton along this journey of motherhood and marriage. Our 12 year wedding anniversary is on August 8th , 4 days after my surgery date and I want this to be a fresh start in becoming the woman I used to be 12 years ago and to feel as free and light and happy as she once was. I wish I knew where it all went wrong and at what point I could have stopped myslef from reaching to 275lbs at a young age of 36!!! But now I am scared , if not waking up, not being there for my family, and having to endure pain with surgery that my doctor has advised me not to get and to just go down the normal weight loss routes. I wish I could have done that , otherwise I would not be writing this post! I need to stop letting people down now . Please help in sharing your experiences immediately post surgery . Much appreciated

Hi and welcome!

What surgery have you chosen to have? Have you done lots of research already to reach your decision? If so, then you know why you are doing it and you have chosen the best path to take.

However, the best advice I have seen on here is to research, research and research some more - wls is not an easy fix and it is not the magic answer. If you have problems with food now in your head, then they will still be there after the op.

Was there a specific reason why your dr advised you not to get surgery? Or was it that they just don't agree with it in general?

I am really lucky - I saw my gp yesterday and she told me that she fully supports me and wished more people took the decision to have the surgery in order to try and pre-empt all the issues that will happen if obese.

The only thing I would say is to make sure that you are doing this for you and not for other people - it needs to be by you and for you. You say that you need to stop letting people down - this needs to be about you, not because you think other people want you to do it.

Having said that, congrats on making the decision and starting this journey. Not long to go now!

Hello and welcome :)

Hi Time !
Welcome to a lovely friendly site .. We have all been in your shoes and we have walked your path , so we all know where your coming from and the pain it creates ..
I've had a band fitted in April and will never regret having it done .. My only regret is not being able to have it done before I was in my 50s and wasted so many years being so unhappy ..
Xxx

Hi and welcome to the forums. I can understand your anxiety, most of us here have been anxious about our ops but it really is very safe these days, I had the full gastric bypass as a day surgery patient, I went under at 11:20am and left the hospital at 8pm on the same day. The whole process from the time we make our decision can be challenging no doubt but try and focus on why you want to do this and on the end goal. All the best.

Hello newbie!!

Hi and welcome. I think you will also have someone from this group with you in those days. good luck

Hi and thanks for your reply?? Will you also be going?? They have confirmed that I will actually be eligible for a sleeve, but now need to do slim fast liquid diet for the next 2 weeks up to surgery . Now it's so real!

Hi and welcome. I think you will also have someone from this group with you in those days. good luck

Hi and thanks for your reply?? Will you also be going?? They have confirmed that I will actually be eligible for a sleeve, but now need to do slim fast liquid diet for the next 2 weeks up to surgery . Now it's so real!

Hi welcome to the forums. We can be here for any conversation or support you want! Try to settle your anxiety and think of the goals you want to reach in 3 months time. It takes the pressure off a little. Promise xx

Thanks so much for your advice and support. Honestly speaking after reading about so many great weight losses in this forum and transformations of bodies and lives, even if I could get half of that then I am a very happy bunny! I am just just a big worrier and baby when it comes to blood and pain! But hey who isn't??!

Would love to treat myself to something after, but seems pointless after reading the posts to buy anything during the first 18 months as you are forever changing sizes??!!

Hi welcome to the forums. We can be here for any conversation or support you want! Try to settle your anxiety and think of the goals you want to reach in 3 months time. It takes the pressure off a little. Promise xx

Thanks so much for your advice and support. Honestly speaking after reading about so many great weight losses in this forum and transformations of bodies and lives, even if I could get half of that then I am a very happy bunny! I am just just a big worrier and baby when it comes to blood and pain! But hey who isn't??!

Would love to treat myself to something after, but seems pointless after reading the posts to buy anything during the first 18 months as you are forever changing sizes??!!

Buy a lush pair of shoes ;) xx

I'm starting to trawl the charity shops for a few bits to keep me going. I've also bought a couple of dresses because I figure I can keep wearing them even when (I put if but there are no longer any ifs about it ;)) they become baggy because unlike my trousers, they won't fall down:p

Good idea Fee .
I've been in a few charity shops but can't find any plus sizes at the moment .. I get a few bits off eBay , you get a hell of a range and choice , but limit my top bid to £5 as postage is added on sometimes .. I've got a few good bargains off there to .. £1.50 for an evens gypsy type blouse .. So if I'm not in them for very long it won't bother me to much and I can either donate to charity or sell as a bundle on eBay ..

Right now I am thinking that even if I do lose any weight I am fine with wearing the bigger clothes as my motivation !! Even though in my growing bigger phase I probably have enough to keep me going to the way back down!!

I can advise you of the charity shops where I donated my old clothes from surgery in Ipswich - all male clothing but a t-shirts are reasonably unisex. I donated three months ago and I guess some will still be around. My trouser size has gone from 54"to 36", so I had wardrobes of unusable clothing. Thrift shops will become your friend once you can fit into the largest standard sizes.

Back