• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey through tier 3 in Leicester

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't think it works like that. They are not only testing your commitment to lose the weight but (very likely) also your ability to maintain that loss x

Unfortunately I don't think it works like that. They are not only testing your commitment to lose the weight but (very likely) also your ability to maintain that loss x
Brilliant! Maintaining the loss is the problem. Sighs

Hi hunny...I am LONG way behind you not even on tier 3 yet hunny. Sorry I don't know about loosing more weight and getting put through sooner hun. Well done on your loss 5lbs is fab xxx
Oh dear. You go to hospital before tier 3. So confusing with all the different processes. Hope it's not too much longer for you.

Lottiewishes

^^thank you hunny. I am hoping to hear something soon. Xxx

^^thank you hunny. I am hoping to hear something soon. Xxx

Do you know what is involved in tier 3 once you get there? I hope it doesn't take long as you've already been waiting a long time :(

Well, today I am heading towards the end of week 3 and it is getting harder, as I knew it would. I have been obsessively hoping on and off of the scales and each time been rewarded by them going down. That has stopped and my weight fluctuates a bit each day. I am trying not to get upset by the little gains when I have stuck to my calories. If I stick with I hope to have lost 2-3lbs by weigh day on Saturday. So all is well. I only need to lose 6lb to get back to my 2014 weight - when I started using weight tracking app on the ipad. That would be quite something as it should stop the app showing an upward trend.

Trying not to eat my lunch and its only 8.30!

Lottiewishes

Thank you hunny. It's hard....but we have to jump through these hoops! I will be at Luton so know I jave to do so many weeks on the milk diet then I am not sure hun. Xxx

You are doing really well hunny. I have my fingers crossed you will get to your 2014 weight.

Oh hun can you have a warm drink that sometimes helps my hunger.

Xxx

Oh dear. Lunch is no more! I have two Babybel lights, an orange and a banana left though. I couldn't manage to do a milk diet in a million years.

Lottiewishes

I LOVE babybel lights :) xxxx

Good morning

WEEK 3

2lb down this week. Slowing down now and much less rewarding. Also getting a bit less enthusiastic about the food so going to shake it up a bit with some new ideas. Ideas so far include

Get some nice easy to prepare veg, getting bored with salad
Treat myself to some steak
Have a look for some new heathy ready meals

Suggestions alway welcome.

Dotty

Lottiewishes

Somewhere are doing protein soups maybe sainsbury and asda do high protein ready meals maybe worth a look.

Do you like eggs. I sometimes do an omelette with 2 whole eggs and 3 whites with mushrooms and spinach. Also for extra cals add sainsbury smoked salmon trimmings ( they are HIGH in salt)

Erm do you like quorn? I like a chilli and use quorn mince to save cals love kidney beans and mushrooms in mine. Easy to make I double up and use for spag bol or lasagne the next day. Sainsbury do butternut squash lasagne sheets of you want to save cals.

Take care hun and 2lbs loss is fab ;) keep going xxxx

Somewhere are doing protein soups maybe sainsbury and asda do high protein ready meals maybe worth a look.

Do you like eggs. I sometimes do an omelette with 2 whole eggs and 3 whites with mushrooms and spinach. Also for extra cals add sainsbury smoked salmon trimmings ( they are HIGH in salt)

Erm do you like quorn? I like a chilli and use quorn mince to save cals love kidney beans and mushrooms in mine. Easy to make I double up and use for spag bol or lasagne the next day. Sainsbury do butternut squash lasagne sheets of you want to save cals.

Take care hun and 2lbs loss is fab ;) keep going xxxx

Thanks Lottie. Some really good suggestions there. I love eggs and had no idea that you could get butternut lasagne. I am not sure about quorn after being on slimming world for too long but I love kidney beans and probably could have enough cals for lean mince. I think I might have a go at bean salads too. Tasty, filling and high protein.

Last edited:

Lottiewishes

Also tesco do cauliflower couscous and courgette spaghetti so to save on a few more carbs xxx

What is cauliflower couscous like?

Lottiewishes

I like it, have it with spag bol :) just stir fry it for 3-5 mins. xxxx

Suffolk Joy

Good morning

WEEK 3

2lb down this week. Slowing down now and much less rewarding. Also getting a bit less enthusiastic about the food so going to shake it up a bit with some new ideas. Ideas so far include

Get some nice easy to prepare veg, getting bored with salad
Treat myself to some steak
Have a look for some new heathy ready meals

Suggestions alway welcome.

Dotty

Hello Dotty - no need to hide!!!
You sound so chirpy and you will find some great support on this site. I get a lot out of it and it will see you through the whole process. I am just 6 1/2 weeks post op and am having a we bit of a hard time at the moment. 2 weeks blissful holiday has not meant any weight loss. I was good. Kept calories down to below 1000 a day and swam 2 km a day but alas - the scales tell a different story.

I did the milk diet for 2 weeks when I initially went to Luton & Dunstable and then for 6 weeks prior to surgery. Unlike you I can drink milk till the cows come home (ha ha!!!) so it was not as hard as I thought it would be but boy do you miss chewing and food textures. I was craving cucumber and lettuce as it was cool and crispy. Didn't at that stage hanker for chocolate or crisps so I think the diet does take away some cravings.

Shake your diet up - How about a vegetable stir fry with either steak or chicken? Some lovely chicken, pepper and onion kebabs marinated in natural 0% fat and spices? If you eat them (Yuk!!) garlic prawns with couscous or cauliflower rice (you can get that in Tesco). It does get really repetitive but on the net there are so many sites that can give you ideas. Last night I did baked chicken cubes having marinated them in soy sauce, garlic and crushed pineapple. I added a wee bit of vinegar and got a sort of sweet n sour effect going at very low calorie content.

Keep on posting.

SJ xx

Hello Dotty - no need to hide!!!
You sound so chirpy and you will find some great support on this site. I get a lot out of it and it will see you through the whole process. I am just 6 1/2 weeks post op and am having a we bit of a hard time at the moment. 2 weeks blissful holiday has not meant any weight loss. I was good. Kept calories down to below 1000 a day and swam 2 km a day but alas - the scales tell a different story.

I did the milk diet for 2 weeks when I initially went to Luton & Dunstable and then for 6 weeks prior to surgery. Unlike you I can drink milk till the cows come home (ha ha!!!) so it was not as hard as I thought it would be but boy do you miss chewing and food textures. I was craving cucumber and lettuce as it was cool and crispy. Didn't at that stage hanker for chocolate or crisps so I think the diet does take away some cravings.

Shake your diet up - How about a vegetable stir fry with either steak or chicken? Some lovely chicken, pepper and onion kebabs marinated in natural 0% fat and spices? If you eat them (Yuk!!) garlic prawns with couscous or cauliflower rice (you can get that in Tesco). It does get really repetitive but on the net there are so many sites that can give you ideas. Last night I did baked chicken cubes having marinated them in soy sauce, garlic and crushed pineapple. I added a wee bit of vinegar and got a sort of sweet n sour effect going at very low calorie content.

Keep on posting.

SJ xx

Hi SJ

some very nice ideas in there. I will add to my food/weight journal. I find keeping all my thoughts and ideas together really helpful.

It sound like you are doing really well. I am so grateful not to live in you area. 6 weeks on a Lrd? How is that even possible? Are they trying to exclude as many people as possible to save money? 6 weeks with no real food must me torture. I do not know how you did it. Well done!

UPDATE

Well I have had my 6 week check up with the dietitian and I have lost the required weight. The work sheets so far have been about eating regularly and I have done well at that. I am now moving on to a work sheet where I monitor my hunger levels before and after eating. I must be doing everything right as I am supposed to carry on with what I am doing. Easy, right? But since then my life has become extremely stressful and I expect this to last for another 3 months before resolving. I am just about managing to hang on to the weight loss achieve already but it feels like the magic that kept me going has suddenly been swept away and I am worried about failing again. On a positive note, this demonstrates that I do need the surgery and that I am very unlikely to do this by myself.

I was worried about asking too many questions at my appointment. I had got it into my head that the process in Leicester is a well guarded secret. It isn't at all. They just have a problem with the information they are providing - nothing quite matches what appears to happen. As an information junkie, I find that rather difficult. Anyway, my dietitian cleared everything up for me and I now feel reasonably happy with what is likely to happen. I am pretty impressed with my dietitian, who really does seem to understand how difficult things are and works with me. Quite different to my experiences with health professionals in the past. One thing I wasn't too happy about was that I had worked out from information given at the first meeting that I might be having surgery, if all went well, around Feb next year. Now it seems that it is likely to be June.

I am keen to move on and get my life back. I want to do those things that other people take for granted. Walk around a shop. Go on a plane. Just to be around other people without the constant anxiety and embarrassment. I want to say yes to social activities. I don't want to feel so isolated. I want to be normal.

UPDATE

Well I have had my 6 week check up with the dietitian and I have lost the required weight. The work sheets so far have been about eating regularly and I have done well at that. I am now moving on to a work sheet where I monitor my hunger levels before and after eating. I must be doing everything right as I am supposed to carry on with what I am doing. Easy, right? But since then my life has become extremely stressful and I expect this to last for another 3 months before resolving. I am just about managing to hang on to the weight loss achieve already but it feels like the magic that kept me going has suddenly been swept away and I am worried about failing again. On a positive note, this demonstrates that I do need the surgery and that I am very unlikely to do this by myself.

I was worried about asking too many questions at my appointment. I had got it into my head that the process in Leicester is a well guarded secret. It isn't at all. They just have a problem with the information they are providing - nothing quite matches what appears to happen. As an information junkie, I find that rather difficult. Anyway, my dietitian cleared everything up for me and I now feel reasonably happy with what is likely to happen. I am pretty impressed with my dietitian, who really does seem to understand how difficult things are and works with me. Quite different to my experiences with health professionals in the past. One thing I wasn't too happy about was that I had worked out from information given at the first meeting that I might be having surgery, if all went well, around Feb next year. Now it seems that it is likely to be June.

I am keen to move on and get my life back. I want to do those things that other people take for granted. Walk around a shop. Go on a plane. Just to be around other people without the constant anxiety and embarrassment. I want to say yes to social activities. I don't want to feel so isolated. I want to be normal.

Hi Dotty :hugs:
I'm just starting my tier 3 journey. Haven't got my first appointment till 16th August o_O
I'm the same with being a information junkie. I'm getting a little frustrated as there's no straight plan everyone has to follow and I'm also yet to find anyone who has done tier 3 in my area :confused:
Onwards and downwards ;)

FeeBee

Well done on meeting the first goal you were given. I can understand the frustration though about keeping it off while continuing to jump through hoops AND deal with the rest of your life at the same time. Keep talking to us, we get it x