• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey through tier 3 in Leicester

Lottiewishes

you are doing Fab hunny xxxx

OkieGirl

UPDATE

I am keen to move on and get my life back. I want to do those things that other people take for granted. Walk around a shop. Go on a plane. Just to be around other people without the constant anxiety and embarrassment. I want to say yes to social activities. I don't want to feel so isolated. I want to be normal.

This is totally me as well. We're due to head to Oklahoma to visit my family in October and I'm dreading it. I totally hate flying because it's uncomfortable and I have to have a seat belt extension. Maybe it's all in my head, but it seems as if some flight crew take the greatest of pleasures in making it really obvious that they're giving you a seat belt extension. Like, if they could, they'd put on a massive parade down the aisle to draw attention to the fatty. Thank goodness I always fly with my family, so that does help and means I've never been asked to buy an additional seat.

Keep up the good work Dotty! I keep thinking how fast this year already seems to be going and so keep telling myself that once I get my first appointment with L&D (I've only just been referred two weeks ago) it will probably go super fast. I am scared because I have the same experience of being able to lose so much weight, usually a couple of stone, and then everything stalls out and I eventually creep upwards until I'm as heavy, if not heavier than before.

Hi Dotty :hugs:
I'm just starting my tier 3 journey. Haven't got my first appointment till 16th August o_O
I'm the same with being a information junkie. I'm getting a little frustrated as there's no straight plan everyone has to follow and I'm also yet to find anyone who has done tier 3 in my area :confused:
Onwards and downwards ;)

Hello Princess Tiger

I must admit to being a little jealous of everyone here who has someone in the same area to 'talk' to. We should start a 'going it alone' club :(

Dot

Well done on meeting the first goal you were given. I can understand the frustration though about keeping it off while continuing to jump through hoops AND deal with the rest of your life at the same time. Keep talking to us, we get it x

Thanks FeeBee. My diet has fallen apart which pretty much reflects what is going on with my life at the moment. I made the mistake of shutting down when it is much better to talk.

you are doing Fab hunny xxxx
Thanks Lottie. Not doing so well now. I think I am 4lb heavier than when I saw the dietitian due to stress eating and not caring. Hopefully back on it now. How are you?

This is totally me as well. We're due to head to Oklahoma to visit my family in October and I'm dreading it. I totally hate flying because it's uncomfortable and I have to have a seat belt extension. Maybe it's all in my head, but it seems as if some flight crew take the greatest of pleasures in making it really obvious that they're giving you a seat belt extension. Like, if they could, they'd put on a massive parade down the aisle to draw attention to the fatty. Thank goodness I always fly with my family, so that does help and means I've never been asked to buy an additional seat.

Keep up the good work Dotty! I keep thinking how fast this year already seems to be going and so keep telling myself that once I get my first appointment with L&D (I've only just been referred two weeks ago) it will probably go super fast. I am scared because I have the same experience of being able to lose so much weight, usually a couple of stone, and then everything stalls out and I eventually creep upwards until I'm as heavy, if not heavier than before.

Horrendous, isn't it. I don't think many people understand if they haven't been there. You are doing better than me. I don't fly now. Loosing and gaining is the story of my life! I hope the process isn't to arduous with L&D and you get your appointment soon.

UPDATE

Hi

I am sorry I haven't been around. I haven't been well and I've been extremely stressed by what has been going on in my life. It has been really tough but I have made a decision not to carry on with what is causing me so much pain. Slowly I am starting to feel a little better but I am very much up and down at the moment. What this means for my journey towards weight loss surgery is that I have lost the plot with healthy eating. I have been so tired that I have been beyond caring about what I eat. I then manage to stick to calories for a day or two and then lose the plot again. This leads me to feel like a complete failure which makes my eating worse.

My plan going forward is to monitor my hunger levels as suggested by the dietitian and count calories when I am able. I think my next appointment isn't until September and so I am hoping to have worked it all out by then. My scales are a bit unreliable at the moment. I am having to hop on and off so many times before getting at least one reading twice but I think I have only gained about 4lb. This is actually quite good given the circumstances!

I will try harder not to be that person that only posts when things are going well.

Dotty
xx

Hannah2

Sorry you are having a stressful time of it. Hope things improve for you soon. Most people dip in and out of the forum depending on what is going on in their lives - don't add more stress by thinking you have to post! On the other hand this is a great non-judgemental place for support when it is needed most.

Don't tackle everything at the same time, break it down into bite-sized chunks (so to speak) so you don't get overwhelmed. Follow your dieticians advice as you have stated and then move back to the rest gradually.

Don't obsess with the scales - either get a decent reliable pair (a worthwhile investment on this journey!) or do what a number of others have done and use the scales in Boots (or equivalent) once a week. Scales and weighing can become an unhealthy obsession if we are not careful. I do weigh, but on the advice of my Psychologist /therapist I focus on clothes sizes and NSVs. It really does help.

Good luck and hope things improve soon.

While i am here, a quick update

When i attended that first meeting with the dietitian last May i was told that , if all went well, to expect surgery around Feb this year. Then it moved to June. Now it is even worse.

I completed my stint on tier 3, having the lost the required amount of weight plus a little more, at the beginning of Nov and, after reminding the dietitian that i was to be referred after 6 months and pushing for the referral as promised, I was referred. I was finally seen recently, a month after the surgery was due to take place, and put on the waiting list. It is now around a year to wait with no guarantee that this wont change to 2 years at some point. Note that there are no plans in place to address the bed blocking issue. The time i have waited, almost half a year doesn't even count towards my waiting time. Even worse, anyone finishing tier 3 at the moment will not be referred at all. Heaven forbid, the waiting list gets any longer. Even worse than that, they cancelled surgery for stomach cancer!

If anyone has just started on this journey within the Leicester system, i am sorry but, whatever you are told, please bear in mind that this is likely to be a long and frustrating process with little information, and whatever information you are given is most likely to be incorrect. You might want to consider being referred elsewhere.

Bling Babe

Oh Dotty I’m so sorry you have been messed about with different information and moving goalposts and I really hope you don’t have to wait too much longer, please keep in touch it’s lovely to hear from you again xxx