• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My op has been postponed :_(

Antony

So upset. Been religiously following this torturous pre-op diet to receive a letter when i get home from work informing me my op has been postponed from 30th Aug to 22nd September. And its not an apologetic letter, its identical to the original admission letter with biro scribbled 'change of date'.

Its also a change of surgeon too, from Mr Khan to Miss Heitmann.

Was so getting psyched for this, and made all arrangements re work etc, as had my mum to look after me.

Has anyone else had there's postponed at walsall? I know Sambucca is due to have her surgery next week...

Gonna go and crawl in a corner to cry :cry:

Ant

PS - to make matters worse, my phone has just died, and wont switch back on!

Hi Ant am so sorry this has happened to you, i cant help ya with response 2 ur question but did not want to read and run.
Hope some others will be around soon that can answer ur question. Is there a chance u can ring up on Monday and other days and see if there has been any cancellations or does that not work like that at ur hospital
Sending you a ((big hug)) and hope u manage to get an earlier date sorted out luv Roch xxx.

Oh Ant what a disappointment you must be devastated, I feel so bad for you, I can imagine you have been building yourself up to the op, and then to get that letter must be just miserable for you.
The only plus is that you know you will be having it in September.
I think it would have been nicer of them to phone and let you know at least it would have been more thoughtful.
You need to phone and ask what you are supposed to do about your diet, and if you need to stay on a low cal till before the op then back on the milk diet. Also are you happy about changing surgeons??
Hope you feel better tomorrow, disappointment will still be with you but you might have come to terms with it a bit more.

Jay xx

Oh Antony that is just not acceptable. You get on the phone and tell them its just not good enough. Tell them that you can't change leave round at work at the drop of a hat or something so they will have to try and get you in as close to your original date as possible.

I'd also ring Anna and see if she can do something as often these things are down to finances and she holds the purse strings.

Don't get down about it, get cross and sort them out.

On the upside if its any concellation, if I had my time over again I would be asking for Mrs Heitman to do mine I think. Her scars are about half the size of Mr Khans, she is absolutely lovely and spends a lot more personal time with her patients both pre and post op.

If they refuse to budge on the date then come off the pre-op until two weeks before the new date. Your body needs as many vits and minerals as you can get in prior to the op so its not wise to do the pre-op diet for longer than two weeks.

Hope this helps.

xx

I AM SO SO SO SORRY, I REALY FEEL FOR YOU, WHAT A BLOW, A REAL KICK IN THE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

So sorry to hear your news.
I am no stranger, myself, to shoddy admin treatment from Walsall Manor. The only consolation is, that when you do eventually get your treatment, I think you will be in safe hands. I agree with Bonita - I would give them a call and discuss the practicalities of sick leave from work, etc.
Try to stay positive.

i wasnt in that hosp but my op was postponed on the day after id sat in my hosp gown all day waiting to go down lol i think about in the way was not ment to be and i got my surgery in the end these things just happen, hold strong you will get there

Hun, I'm so sorry to hear your news. You must be devastated. Well at least you know you can come on here and rant. Not sure it'll help but you'll probably find someone with a helpful word or two!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry that you're so upset. The same happened to me (twice). I'd start my pre-op diet and then they'd postpone. It was in a London hospital tho. I kept being told that it was because I was having a bypass and there were no beds. when i changed my mind and opeted for the band i was told that they would assure me my op woldnt be postponed - which it wasnt.

Good luck, i know you're heartbroken - but it will come...

So sorry your op has been postponed. It must be so frustrating for you, especially when you are not given an explanation.

Antony I'm so sorry.I know how you feel sweetheart because this happened to me and my 2nd date got cancelled while I was on the bed in my beautiful paper gown and knickers. Please look at this from a different point of view. These things happen for a reason. I felt it happened to me because it just was'nt the right time for me to have my op. Have faith in your new surgeon and believe that when you do get your op that its the right day for you to have it.xx

Am so sorry for you Antony, hope you get things sorted xx

Sorry to hear that your surgery has been postponed it must be really frustrating. As you say you have made all the arrangements round that date. As others have said i would give them a call at least to see why. I know you have another date but i hope you get things sorted out xx

Thanks for the sympathy everyone. Its so good to be able to vent my frustration on here. Now the news has settled in, and my frustration has been eleviated, I now realise its possibly for the best. I know work will be ok about the change in date (I work for the NHS) as I have been pretty stressed that i wouldn't get everything i need to finish done before i started sick-leave. Gives me an extra few weeks to put my house in order.

Also, was really struggling with the milk diet, and you can't change part way through. Will give the other diet a go next time round.

Have heard from several people that they would have rather had Ms Heitman over Mr Khan as although she's the less experienced of the two, she is very personable and also v. meticulous(sp?) as you say Bonita.

Have that song from life of brian in my head now "Always look on the bright side of life du-du d-du-d-du-d-du."

Thanks again all - luv you guys! Ant x

Sometimes things happen for a reason hun!! Not long to wait now anyway!!! Glad things are looking up! Hope you enjoyed every single bite of that bacon buttie!!!!

glad your feeling a little better about it, I also think things happen for a reason so good luck on your new Last Meal lol:D
Least you get to test the pre op diets out lol, be thankful you arent stuck with one that you cant stand :)

good luck with your new op date it will fly to it

So frustrating for you. On the upside (as Bonita said) Miss Heitmann is a delight. She really has a good 'bedside manner'. She is caring and makes you feel special. I was changed from Mr. Khan to Miss Heitmann. I have no regrets! x x

Back