• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet

The tea plates on my set are so big we use them to eat off now , will need to find some smaller ones !!!

A saucer? Lol

Try this.....
$%28KGrHqIOKiwE308Cw%29MEBOEhzsNlTw%7E%7E_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=220871449133

The reason I don't mind plastic or melamine...

I carry the plate I use with me, if I go to a restaurant I simply transfer the food from the main plate to the control plate (that's what we call my little plate) so I know I'm not what I'm eating portion wise.

I think it's better than the guilt of over eating, or denying myself the pleasure of eating out. :)

civvygit said:
The reason I don't mind plastic or melamine...

I carry the plate I use with me, if I go to a restaurant I simply transfer the food from the main plate to the control plate (that's what we call my little plate) so I know I'm not what I'm eating portion wise.

I think it's better than the guilt of over eating, or denying myself the pleasure of eating out. :)

Good idea! :)

Well it's day 4 of pre op diet. I think I am 8lbs down so far. But I have used my scales at my partners house and not mine I use at my place. Think they are 1lbs different to each other. I had put on 6lbs up until the start of the pre op. so not surprised on initial loss.

Woke up with a lot more energy today. I have been dancing, singing and exercising in front of the full length sliderobe mirrors. For once my wobbles didn't bother me. Because they will be less soon. What a liberating feeling :D

Fuffs, Can you list what you eat each day to give us an idea of what to expect?

x

I have been putting it in the thread chick :)

My hospital is not like most others. It gives 5 pre op diet options. So I am doing a total meal replacement VLCD. So its shakes, soups and low carb/cal meal packs :) x

Sorry it's me, my heads all over the place today, I've had Glandular Fever since late last year and today after dropping the kids at school I went to Waitrose to collect a few bits for tonight (my oldest and best-est friend's visiting. :)) and threw up in the bread section.

Not the best start to the week!

Sorry it's me, my heads all over the place today, I've had Glandular Fever since late last year and today after dropping the kids at school I went to Waitrose to collect a few bits for tonight (my oldest and best-est friend's visiting. :)) and threw up in the bread section.

Not the best start to the week!

aaawww (((hugs))) that doesn't sound fun at all! It must be horrid. Is there any time limit they can give you for having glandular fever (sorry I am dumb about the specifics of it) xxx

Thanks, but no-one wants to hug me at the moment!

It's a hit and miss thing, you could have it for weeks, or, as seems to be the case with me, months!

You just have to ride the storm, most days are good now, but the bad days wipe me out.

The bonus is I'm losing weight as a result, the bad news is I'm a liability in public! :)

Every cloud......lol

Only joking :) But hope it does one soon and leaves you feeling fantabulous! (that's my word for the day. I put it in my blackberry status also lol)

So how far into the wls journey are you?

Well there's the thing!

I've slowly gained weight over the last 24 years, since my eldest son was conceived, I had that 'eating for two' thing you get when you have a child young, followed by a sh*t relationship with his Daddy (that turned out to be a good thing as he's now one of my best friends!) that ended up with me comfort eating.

I'd get a grip, lose the weight to have a child, then pile it back on.

So three kids later I took a good hard look at me and the yo-yo dieting I'd been doing all my adult life and made decision to go to the GP and ask about WLS.

As a psychiatric nurse i had all my argument ready, emotional, physical, psychological the works, I went in ready for a fight, he took one look at me, weighed me and said well done for being brave!

That was in 2010, since then I've been poked, prodded, stuck with needles, wired up to sleep study equipment, head shrunk and on and on......

Most recently I've found out that if you don't push, you don't get.... Yes it's taken this long to learn that one! :)

As to losing weight, I'm on WW at the moment, more for the support and weekly weigh in.

I have one of the most amazing other halves you could have, he really is perfect, (and very fit) he never judges and is always behind me 100%, so here's hoping this is my year!

I read the posts on here with an equal mix of envy and joy, I wish it was me, but I wish those, like you, well, because I feel a connection.

Weight gain and food addiction are an under recognised disease, both physical and mental that we need to get help with and that's a wonderful thing, you know what's sad, since I've been on this journey, and I'm incredibly open and honest about it to anyone who asks or listens, I've met people I know, or thought i knew, well, who've had the surgery but never tell anyone as if it's a dirty little secret to admit you need help.

So that's me, ranting and raving!

Thank you for sharing :)

Every word made sense to me. Its amazing how lifes challenges make this disease creep up on us.

I have been on diets since I was 17. So 13 years now. I did the GP weight management programme in 2009. Later that year I asked to be referred for WLS.

As many on here know, my journey has been a nightmare since then. And I learned last year that I had to push. If I hadn't, I dont think I would be getting my op. My hospital were telling me for ages that I wasnt eligible. So I fought.

So here I am, feeling this is unreal. But fingers crossed it will happen. I have slight doubt due to all the problems at my hospital. But trying to stay as positive as I can.

Good luck in the fight :D

Amen to that, Amen to that!

:)

Just had my banana breakfast shake. It was nice. But because ketosis has kicked in, my mouth tastes like rubbish lol

Its lovely to no longer feel hungry. But gonna end up bnakrupt on mouthwash lol

Had a meal replacement cereal bar for lunch. A bit bitty, but not too bad.

Got a ketosis headache. Had it for the last two hours. I get it every time. Upping my water now.

Other than that, going strong :)

Hardest bit so far was seeing and smelling the roast dinner yesterday. I literally dribbled. But, no food is worth losing my op for :)

As i said, I'm green with envy, and amazed at the will power it takes..... YOU GO GIRL! :)

civvygit said:
As i said, I'm green with envy, and amazed at the will power it takes..... YOU GO GIRL! :)

I have been the same. Really happy for people, but frustrated for myself. So I know exactly how you feel chick :(

My letters have just come to confirm everything. The letter said I need to lose 5%-10% of my last clinic weight which they say would be 7.5 kg to 15kg. But the last recorded weight they say is 148.3 kg. I am significantly lighter than that already. So fingers crossed, I should be ok :s

Back