• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet

Morning Sophie , I know what you mean , I was lying her thinking I out get up & get my coffee . When I did eventually I bought it back to bed with me .
Good luck for day 2 xx

pandora said:
Morning Sophie , I know what you mean , I was lying her thinking I out get up & get my coffee . When I did eventually I bought it back to bed with me .
Good luck for day 2 xx

That is a very tempting idea! Lol

Well, I am have two shakes in my shaker cup today and will have my soup soon :)

I need to up my liquid (well water)

Dont feel as empty as yesterday (physically), but still hungry. Day 3 or 4 is usually better when ketosis kicks in :)

Day 3:

I had a mrp choc shake for breakfast. I then a mrp cottage pie (I use that name as loosely as I can lol). It's low cal, low carb and is made up with water and a tiny ding in the microwave. Sounds yummy right? lol

I am feeling much better physically today. Not nearly as empty as the last two days lol

I have been reading the bypass folder Heartlands Hospital gave me.

It seems the reason most people get put on the up to 6 week pre op diet is if they still have a percentage to lose. I have lost way beyond expectations. But I am going to do as I am told and stick to the pre op.

May switch to the portion controlled option at some point though.

I have been reading through what I will eat after the op. The 'two teaspoon' bit for one meal boggled me lol. I was thinking they must surely mean two tablespoons lol

Same here. I'm thinking that they must have typod. Surely?

Yvessa said:
Same here. I'm thinking that they must have typod. Surely?

It's written twice. But I would think its a typo for sure. I will ask the dietician at my next appointment :)

Its not the teaspoons that gets me so much. Its the concept that I will be full on that. I don't believe it yet.

Yvessa said:
Its not the teaspoons that gets me so much. Its the concept that I will be full on that. I don't believe it yet.

Lol! Me neither. Hence why I think it's wrong. Then when it happens, I would be like 'wow' lol

I think I would be eyeing the other teaspoons with anguish! I imagine though it is different for everyone.

Yvessa said:
I think I would be eyeing the other teaspoons with anguish! I imagine though it is different for everyone.

I think that too. Some people can manage more x

I've just bought a small (child's size) plate and bowl on eBay, time to switch me thinks....

That is a good idea!

I had that idea , but the ones I have seen so far are dinosaurs or Dora the explorer or such like , not really my bag lol x

In tesco they have metal child's knife fork spoon half price £5 :) bargain they also have child plates bowls wiv farm yard animals a bit better than cartoon characters lol they were £4 the set :) I've been using them about 6 mths n they really do help lessen portions n slow eating I've just treated myself to a new set for post op lol :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My laptop wont let me open the link :(

I can't either :(

I just use a tea plate, dessert fork and spoon, all work fine...without having to face food on a melamine plate!!!

Back