• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Sleeve Op

Good advvice Brian. I second that having been someone who returned home and found that I had absolutely nothing in for the liquid stage apart from milk. Not able to go out and scour the supermarket shelves to find something suitable because recovering at home. Luckily my lovely husband has made me some homemade soups, but other than that, I'm stuck.

Thanks for the info. I'm quite new here but I have loved reading your story and look forward to following your weight loss. take care and a speedy recovery can't wait to be on the losres bench with you.

Arh Brian, Im so glad your back home safe and sound.. its really good to see you posting again. Hope everything continues to go well for you. xx

Hi Brian
Thank you for an excellent account of your experience. I am about to be sleeved on 14th October, so very helpful for me too.

Hope your recovery continues to go well.

Kind regards
Crackers X

Great post ty Brian hope u have more energy soon when the food arrives ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Great to hear from you Brian, especially with your positive news! you've done amazingly well and I loved reading your account if your experience. lots if detail - just what I like to read. take it easy. xxx

Morning all :)
Week 1 Post-op update.
felling pretty good as it happens, wounds are still tender and I get tired quickly if i try to do too much.
Now that i've started eating the right things I feel like things are beginning to return to normal.
Clexane jabs (blood thinners) twice a day are easy to do but they will leave a nasty bruise if you're not careful.
Sleeping is getting better each day I can now tolerate sleeping on my side which I couldn't do earlier in the week because the wounds hurt too much but now it's bearable.
Fitting all the meals in to a day around all the normal fluids like water,tea and squash needs a bit of planning as you cant drink for 30min before or after meals and you have 6 meal times per day.
A typical day is :-
0800 cup of tea (doesn't taste the same for some reason)
0900 BREAKFAST half cup of innocent smoothie (eat with tea spoon to slow you down)
1000 squash or tea or coffee
1100 MID MORNING half cup semi-skimmed milk with 2 table spoons of Marvel in it again eat with teaspoon personally I think this is vile but it's not there for fun so going to have to put up with it
1200 squash or tea or coffee
1PM LUNCH half cup Complan banana or Strawberry shake (yum yum quite like these) again eat with teaspoon
2pm - 330pm squash or tea or coffee
4pm MID AFTERNOON half cup semi-skimmed milk with 2 table spoons of Marvel in it again eat with teaspoon
5pm squash or tea or coffee
6pm DINNER Half cup of no lumps or bits soup eat with teaspoon
7pm squash or tea or coffee
8pm SNACK half cup of s/f jelly or half cup of smoothie eat with teaspoon
After that it's up to you if you want more fluids I tend not to drink after that otherwise I don't sleep through the night if you know what I mean!
The meals in Bold are the important ones but geting fluids in around the meals is almost as important to keep hydrated

Weight loss for the first week is 10lb which i'm very pleased with. :party0049:

Well done Brian !!!
Thanks for that list its given me a better idea of the timings ect.
Can i ask do the fluids go down easy ???? i know you can't gulp them but sipping tea/water.

Well done Brian !!!
Thanks for that list its given me a better idea of the timings ect.
Can i ask do the fluids go down easy ???? i know you can't gulp them but sipping tea/water.

they do indeed go down easy, if you're not careful and forget like I did then you can take too big a mouthful and then you will feel uncomfortable almost immediately. Hence the teaspoon and try to make each meal last 30 minutes. it sounds a lot but it's not when you actually start to do it.

Hi Brian, I only joined a couple of days ago but realised that you were in hospital after reading other peoples posts. I am really pleased all has gone so well for you, my operation for a bypass is 14th October so will be on the milk diet from Monday onwards. I have found all that you have said really helpful so many thanks and I hope your recovery continues to go well. I will look forward to reading more posts from you.

Wow thank you for sharing your experience Brian, hope your recovery is quick. i'm having my GB on tuesday and hope mine goes as well as yours. look forward to more posts and pics. Best wishes xx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Thanks Brian, hon ... I have a freezer full of little pots with different colour lids to denote the contents all ready for the sloppy stage & a cupboard full of shakes, soups etc ... like to be organised as don't want it to all fall on my hubbys shoulders. Thank you very much for the diet sheet you emailed to me, too. mwah mwah xxx :)

hi Hun
What have u bought ready for liquid stage...I need to shop today...thinking slimfast, and cup a soups? xx

JO I'm in the same position as you, op is 11/October and I need to know what I should by in for liquid stage!! xx

Twinkle will see this I don't doubt, she's more organised than me :) if u find out before me let me know :)

Back