• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Sleeve Op

hi brian,great to see you doing so well,x so pleased for you xxxxxxxx

Well done brian xx

Morning all
Week 3 update short and sweet this week :)
Exactly 3lb lost :D which I'm pleased with.
All dressings removed now and wounds are healing nicely. No Pain any more but still not convinced that I'm not gong to open up the bigger of the 5 wounds..Again!
Still on the liquid stage, (1 week to go) so a bit jealous of those of you that were on Puréed food after a few days, but I'm determined to stick to what my diet sheet says. I don't feel hungry which is a great benefit of the sleeve, I actually have to look at the clock to remember I need to eat!
Started walking more this week but my knee started playing up again so I need to get the balance right.
Only 1 week left of the Clexane (blood thinner)Jabs, I can't wait to get off of these it's not painful but you bruise so easily and I'm running out of thigh and upper arm space to stick the needle in :rant2:
have a good weekend all.

You too Brian ... :)
Just wanted to say, again, just how different hospitals are in their regimes for us patients. Tonight is my last Clexane injection & was told they had to be in line with my belly button, & were only for 10days after leaving hospital so that is different & my diet seems way different to lots of people. You are doing so well doing the liquid stage for so long. Wait till you get a taste of proper food again - mmmm xxx

You too Brian ... :)
Just wanted to say, again, just how different hospitals are in their regimes for us patients. Tonight is my last Clexane injection & was told they had to be in line with my belly button, & were only for 10days after leaving hospital so that is different & my diet seems way different to lots of people. You are doing so well doing the liquid stage for so long. Wait till you get a taste of proper food again - mmmm xxx

Me at the end of the Clexane jabs and Liquid diet....no wonder i'm losing weight!
leaking.jpg

love the picture Brian lol x

Wow thanks for writing that all out. I have not had any surgery yet and am not sure what one I will have (I'm hoping for the sleeve but will know more after my intake on Nov 8th).

What struck home with me most was when you said you spent time wondering what kind of mistake you made, while sitting alone in the hospital. I almost cried when I read that because I know that no matter what surgery I have or how it goes, I am going to feel that too. Mostly because I am the type to always second guess myself. It won't matter how much research I do or how sure I am of my decision going in, I'm going to have that moment and I know it's going to suck.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi TurtleGal,
Im glad it helps in some way. I should point out that those feelings i had were very short lived and I think only came about because I was bored and very very tired. The following morning I was calling myself all sorts of names for being so silly :p
Yes I do still love my food but the only thing that is going to be different is that I won't be able to eat the huge quantities that I eat before which is what got me here in the first place. I have now also got a much healthier view on what I should eat and how I should eat, and so for me the surgery has also helped me to focus my mind on what I should and shouldn't be doing. As you will see written many times on here the surgery is only a tool to help you loose the weight. I suppose the surgery should have a little sticker on it that says can only be used as part of a calorie controlled diet :)

For the record apart from that one evening the day after surgery I have Absolutely NO regrets whatsoever, I hope this helps you.

Ok Gang, here I am 1 month post op today and I am down 26lb and for the first time in 6 years I weigh less than 25 stone. :bliss:
The 4 week post op fluid diet hasn't been hard at all but it has been dull. But then that is more about me not looking at alternatives but being lazy and just sticking to the examples given to me in the diet sheet. No More Clexane jabs for me either they finished on Friday.

Exercise wise I'm trying to walk a mile a day at the moment which is roughly a mile a day more than I did pre op, and I'm managing this about 5 days per week.

The liquid only stage finishes today and tomorrow I move onto 2 weeks of Puréed food which I'm really looking forward to. Scraggy egg, Tuna Mayo, Porridge....Yum Yum Yum, I've even bought some baby foods, cottage pie and beef Stroganof.

All in all I'm really pleased with the results, I'm also under no illusion that it will stay the same way and that there will be times where like the stock market it goes up as well as down...but for now I is off to partey :)

Thanks Brian for the update, so helps people like me, glad your doing well xx

Greetings all,
Well today marks the 2 months Post Op and for all you soon to be post Oppers I can confirm it is all still going well :)
11 pound lost this month bringing the total since op to 38 pound. I'm really pleased with the progress and will be over the moon if it carry's on at the same rate although I'm sure it will slow down and even stop at some point.
No aches and pains, knee pain is improving and I'm much more mobile now walking the just over a mile to the station is now no longer a chore and it seems mad that I used to get the bus before.
Eating is still a bit weird. breakfast is easy with A Weetabix or a small bowl of porridge or Special K.
Lunch while at work is a Soup from one of the local eateries and I can only manage about half of what would be a standard tin. Dinner is a bit more problematic, and I think it's because my tiny brain can't comprehend that I only need to eat Very small amounts. Certain foods fill me up almost instantly (Pasta and Eggs) I can only eat half of a sandwich unless the bread is very very light. On Sunday she who must be obeyed made a very nice beef casserole with cabbage and roast potatoes. I had 1 potato about the size of a small egg, 2 tablespoons of cabbage, quarter of a roast carrot and the same of a Parsnip and 2 or 3 tablespoons of Casserole. I ate most of it and then regretted it for about half an hour!
I'll get used to it but when you've been eating for England for the last 40 years going back to eating baby quantities is just weird.
Energy wise by the end of the work day I'm shattered and I don't do a physical job but then eating small amounts and lumping my still considerable frame around is bound to have an adverse effect, but a few early nights never did anybody any harm.
Well that's it for month two next update Christmas eve eve :)
:xmastree:

Greetings all,
Well today marks the 2 months Post Op and for all you soon to be post Oppers I can confirm it is all still going well :)
11 pound lost this month bringing the total since op to 38 pound. I'm really pleased with the progress and will be over the moon if it carry's on at the same rate although I'm sure it will slow down and even stop at some point.
No aches and pains, knee pain is improving and I'm much more mobile now walking the just over a mile to the station is now no longer a chore and it seems mad that I used to get the bus before.
Eating is still a bit weird. breakfast is easy with A Weetabix or a small bowl of porridge or Special K.
Lunch while at work is a Soup from one of the local eateries and I can only manage about half of what would be a standard tin. Dinner is a bit more problematic, and I think it's because my tiny brain can't comprehend that I only need to eat Very small amounts. Certain foods fill me up almost instantly (Pasta and Eggs) I can only eat half of a sandwich unless the bread is very very light. On Sunday she who must be obeyed made a very nice beef casserole with cabbage and roast potatoes. I had 1 potato about the size of a small egg, 2 tablespoons of cabbage, quarter of a roast carrot and the same of a Parsnip and 2 or 3 tablespoons of Casserole. I ate most of it and then regretted it for about half an hour!
I'll get used to it but when you've been eating for England for the last 40 years going back to eating baby quantities is just weird.
Energy wise by the end of the work day I'm shattered and I don't do a physical job but then eating small amounts and lumping my still considerable frame around is bound to have an adverse effect, but a few early nights never did anybody any harm.
Well that's it for month two next update Christmas eve eve :)
:xmastree:

Its all good Brian .. you are living a normal life which is what we all wanted :) Keep it up, sugar xxx :):)

Yay Brian, thanks for posting this, very helpful for us pre-oppers!

Great news ur doin great hun well done happy loosing look forward to the next update ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Glad your doing so well Brian!!!

Maybe tru weight watcher bread it's much more light than others..

Congrats pal keep up the good work!

Hi Brian, Thank you for providing the information about your op and progress since then.:) I am scheduled to have the sleeve op on 20th Dec and found it very useful to read. You are doing very well and it is an inspiration. Once again thanks. Cost x

Glad it's of use Cost, I'm sure you won't regret having it but get ready to start buying lots of new clothes :)

Hi Brian, Thank you for providing the information about your op and progress since then.:) I am scheduled to have the sleeve op on 20th Dec and found it very useful to read. You are doing very well and it is an inspiration. Once again thanks. Cost x

That's the stuff that floats up to the ceiling when you open the bag isn't it? :)

Yes that's the stuff, maybe it will make you float as well:p

Back