• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Sleeve Op

Here we go.....

Slim fast
Smoothies
Yoghurty milk shake
Milk shake
Fruit juice - small amounts
Soups with no bits
Tea with skimmed
Milky coffee
Water

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Twinkle will see this I don't doubt, she's more organised than me :) if u find out before me let me know :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Found you ... I have left you a PM, sweetie ... don't want to hijack Brian's thread ... bet you have been shopping up a storm :):)

OK week 2 post op update.
Just short of 5 pound lost this week which I'm more than happy with. If I can manage 3lb per week I'll be happy :)
As I'm on liquids only for 4 weeks I'm getting a little bored with the choices but only 2 weeks to go and then I can Purée :happy036:.
Been very sedentary this week as I opened up part of the lower of my 5 wounds on Monday bending down to pick up a pen :copon: and although the blood wasn't pouring out it didn't want to stop and I was having to change dressings 3 or 4 times a day. It finally stopped on Wednesday and so I've been sitting on my rear lifting nothing heavier than the remote!
Lesson to be learned : - just because you think your OK you ain't!

Starting on Monday me and "she who must be obeyed" are going to start walking to get me some sort of exercise. Pre-op I couldn't walk for more than 500 yards before knee wanting to give up or pain in lower back let alone being short of breath. I had started walking last week albeit around the garden and at the moment I have no pain in my knee or back so things are looking up there as well :)

well done on weightloss :) i dont know how u can cope being on liquid for a month i was fed up after 2 weeks n was mega bored of foods, i did like the slimfast caffe latte's o they were nice, on my second week of liquid i had only lost 2lb, i started mush food last sun n weighed this morn n iv lost 5lb already (proper weighin on sun o) ill b happy wiv 2lb a week nice n steady then aint it xx

well done on weightloss :) i dont know how u can cope being on liquid for a month i was fed up after 2 weeks n was mega bored of foods, i did like the slimfast caffe latte's o they were nice, on my second week of liquid i had only lost 2lb, i started mush food last sun n weighed this morn n iv lost 5lb already (proper weighin on sun o) ill b happy wiv 2lb a week nice n steady then aint it xx

I don't know how I can cope either, I really do think I've finally got my head in the right place and I want this to succeed so even though the family are still eating their normal food as much as I would like a bit, I know I can't and so the thought just goes away :)

You're doing great Brian. a day at a time and before you know it onto regular food, but just less of it. keep your chin up! xxx

Hi Brian your doing great can you keep posting what your having so i can copy you lol - 9 days to go xx

Thanks for sharing your story Brian...made interesting reading.

Hope all goes well for the future for you mate

Take Care

Andy

Thanks for sharing your experience Brian

Congrats andnhappy losing!

Thank you all for the comments :)
I've not been on much as my laptop (mac) decided to go with Steve Jobs to the great computer wasteland in the sky!
but I've got access today and I'll be back with another update on Friday....bet you can't wait :)

Thank you all for the comments :)
I've not been on much as my laptop (mac) decided to go with Steve Jobs to the great computer wasteland in the sky!
but I've got access today and I'll be back with another update on Friday....bet you can't wait :)

Ahhh, wondered where you were. :) Glad you are back, sweetie & doing so well. BTW you have the wrong date on your ticker ... it says your surgery was 23/10. Keep truckin, sausage xxx :):)

Morning all
Week 3 update short and sweet this week :)
Exactly 3lb lost :D which I'm pleased with.
All dressings removed now and wounds are healing nicely. No Pain any more but still not convinced that I'm not gong to open up the bigger of the 5 wounds..Again!
Still on the liquid stage, (1 week to go) so a bit jealous of those of you that were on Puréed food after a few days, but I'm determined to stick to what my diet sheet says. I don't feel hungry which is a great benefit of the sleeve, I actually have to look at the clock to remember I need to eat!
Started walking more this week but my knee started playing up again so I need to get the balance right.
Only 1 week left of the Clexane (blood thinner)Jabs, I can't wait to get off of these it's not painful but you bruise so easily and I'm running out of thigh and upper arm space to stick the needle in :rant2:
have a good weekend all.

Glad you doing so well and are happy Brian, soon be on different food :)

Back